[Project: Heartbeat.][Love story][Nobbelz]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nobbelz
Projects: Project: Heartbeat.

[Project: Heartbeat.][Love story][Nobbelz]

#1 Post by Nobbelz »

Hello and thank you for clicking! It's a pleasure to introduce you to my very first Visual Novel: Project: Heartbeat.

Don't let the name fool you, it's actually the real title of the game, not a working title! :)

What is it about?
I really don't want to spoil too much of the story. But what I can tell you: It will be a love story between Mina (15 Female) and Sasha (18 Male).
Since Sasha met Mina, they were good friends, but Mina always wanted to be more than that, but never had the guts to tell Sasha.
Also, Mina suffers from her Illness, which so far she beats with her endless power and joy of life.
In Project: Heartbeat. you will not only get to know how the story ends, but also how they met.

How complex will it be?
P:H. is rather straight forward without big decisions to make. While this dramatically reduces the playtime, it gives me
the opportunity to tell the story like I planned it from the beginning.

As this is my first work, it will be limited. Not only budget wise, but also because of limited experience.
The third big factor right now is time. I have a full time job and a time consuming hobby -> gaming. But I try my best
to write a few lines every day.

Right now, while i write these lines, there are over 3,5k words worth of story and 2 menus. These numbers represent
approxiamatly 1/2 of the prologue of the game, which later will be available in form of a Demo version (It's planned to release it this month).

Characters?
As i wrote above, there will be 2 main characters - Mina & Sasha. Right now, they are the only characters that will get real arts ingame.
I live in Portugal and money is really an issue and as this is my first project, i really need to watch my budget, thats
why i had to take this step. For the rest, there will be silhouette placeholders.

I would really love to show you pictures of the chars, but i don't have them yet. The artist I've chosen before don't responds
anymore, so I just have to find a new artist (Which I'm 99% sure I have found now - more information on this will come soon.)

Backgrounds?
As mentioned before, I'm low on budget, so nothing fancy handmade here. I use free pictures from the internet, mostly from pixabay.
Note: Text is in german right now, but the game will be available in english also, don't worry!

OMG Nobbelz, thats so nice, i wanna support you!

If you really feel like throwing money on me, the best way to do so is patreon.
You can find out more about me there too.
I even have a suuuuper embarassing introduction video!
Thank you so much for your support!

Anythign else?
Yes please! The main reason why I'm here: I want to spread the news on my project. It simply motivate me
when I can share my work with someone and talk about it. I would be glad to hear your concerns, ideas and
suggestions.

So, what do you think? Are there already to many love stories around? And I don't talk about Dating Sims here!
Do you feel like a Visual Novel without many decisions to make can still be a thing?
Last edited by Nobbelz on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Project:

Nobbelz

Re: [Project: Heartbeat.][Love story][Nobbelz]

#2 Post by Nobbelz »

Hi all,

things are going well. I got some feedback from my new artist and i can show you the first sketch of Sasha! OMG I'm so hyped right now!

Sasha - 19 years Old
  • Outsider
    Reserved
    Gentleman
    Warm-hearted
Current Project:

Nobbelz

#3 Post by Nobbelz »

Is it dead?
No it's not! I just have quite some trouble in real live, so I sadly can't spend as much time as I would like to do.
Nevertheless, the novel makes some progress. The Demo is 2/3 ready. This means that Minas part is also ready now.
Next step: Make them meet each other. After that, i will release the Demo for public tests, yay!

And because I didn't show anything in the last days, here's and early sketch of Mina, hope I like it as much as I do :)

Mina - 18 years Old
  • Full of energy
    Suffers from some Illness
    Cheeky(ish)
    impulsively
Any feedback/questions are really welcome. If you want more info, feel free to ask please.
I'm new to all this, so I really rely on your help to get better.
Current Project:

Nobbelz

#4 Post by Nobbelz »

Aaaaand here we have Mina while she's "adult":

Sadly my new char designer is also quite busy, so i still have to wait for the colorised arts :(
Current Project: