Laika is a game about a small dog who is going to die.
Laika, a stray from the streets of Moscow, was chosen in 1957 by Soviet scientists to be the occupant of Sputnik 2, the second spacecraft successfully launched into Earth's orbit.
This is her story.
UI Design: 100%
Sound Design & Music: 1%
Writing & Story: A Cup of Ms. Tea (@mistydemeo)
Music: Sergey Cheremisinov
Art, Programming, & UI: Sasquatchii // The Bee's Knees
• Just curious, what do you already know about Laika and Soviet space exploration efforts in the 1950s?
• Have you ever played a visual novel told from the point of view of a narrator that wasn't human? Would you be open to trying a game told from a dog's point of view?
• With so little to go on (basically the few short sentences I wrote above), would you be interested in playing Laika? It's a free game - but I am wondering if I should include more information - or leave it brief. I don't want to spoil too much for players!
• What do you think of the art style? (If you don't like it or it puts you off - please feel free to say so! I know I have a very strange/childlike style and it is definitely not the norm for what you normally see in visual novels.)
• Are you a dog person? A cat person? Or maybe you have an exotic pet some sort? Do you want a pet but are unable to have one right now? Or are you the type that prefers a pet free home? Whatever you are - please feel free to share more about your relationship(s) with animals here! I am fascinated by dogs and pets and the role they play in our lives - I love telling stories about animals and the next VN I'm working on features mice protagonists -
so I am wondering if the folks here are as crazy about animals as I am
• Do you have any questions, comments, or feedback for me here that I didn't ask specifically about? If so, I'd love to hear it!