The Thorn Prince[regency][BxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AntiquedFae
Veteran

Re: The Thorn Prince[regency][BxG]

#31 Post by AntiquedFae »

Aww, I'm sure it won't take a million years unless you're intending to include a real life fossilised blue whale as a thank you to fans. Then it might.
Probably will just take two or three years. TT_TT
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

nerupuff
Veteran

#32 Post by nerupuff »

I finally finished reading the entire thread (yes, even the replies and all)! Everything is brilliant. I'm honestly surprised that you would aim for 400,000+ words. I feel like I'm already too afraid of how to even reach 100k (is that even possible...) but it is without a doubt impressive given the progress you've shown so far. I'm 100% sure you'll get there! (am apologizing right now because English is not my first language so stuff might read weird or something)

The art is gorgeous btw. Very excited for this! ^^

1. Do you like the premise? Does this sound like an interesting story you’d want to read?
But of course this is something I would totally read! Sign me up for anything with regency and royalty, I'm such a big fan. (Mostly because I struggle with writing modern day settings so somehow it translates to what I like as well, so I always have a preference for anything remotely fantasy, or in a different time period. Your story fits perfectly!)

2. Do you like or dislike the characters? Anyone in particular?
Gods, I love William a lot (probably because I relate to his personality lol). His sprites are so well done, and I'm amazed he has three different frowns. He also has such a charming smile, so I hope I see him smile in the game too, though I feel he's probably not the type of person to do so as often. Keeping my fingers crossed that his character development will be something I will get quite attached to.

I usually gravitate towards the cute ones, so I suppose I really really like Charlotte's art. Except... I'm not too much of a fan of doe-eyed, innocent princesses who only search for true love (probably because I feel like I used to be that kind of girl too HAHA). It seems like she's probably gonna experience some sort of heartbreak with Prince William. That's how things usually turn out for pairings like that, right...? What with their clashing personalities and all.

I'm kind of 50-50 with Salia, but my favorite is probably Veronica. She doesn't sound too princess-y and she gives off the aura of a headstrong woman. But there's something else that I can't quite pinpoint, but it's there, and I like her. I'd love to see how you progress her route with William.

As for side characters, I think I love them all. I'm excited.

3. Anything else you’d like to know?
How are you doing now? I feel like a super high word count like that might make people question their life choices... I'm kidding lol. I salute you for such a feat! ^^ And would you release a demo, or are you aiming for full completion to full release? Either way, I'm rooting for you no matter how long this takes! Good luck!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#33 Post by Mammon »

nerupuff wrote:I finally finished reading the entire thread (yes, even the replies and all)! Everything is brilliant. I'm honestly surprised that you would aim for 400,000+ words. I feel like I'm already too afraid of how to even reach 100k (is that even possible...) but it is without a doubt impressive given the progress you've shown so far. I'm 100% sure you'll get there! (am apologizing right now because English is not my first language so stuff might read weird or something)
How are you doing now? I feel like a super high word count like that might make people question their life choices... I'm kidding lol. I salute you for such a feat! ^^ And would you release a demo, or are you aiming for full completion to full release? Either way, I'm rooting for you no matter how long this takes! Good luck!
No, 400k words is not a smart decision... It's soooooo long... *Sits in a corner, depressed.*

I'm not going to guarantee that there will be a demo, but it's quite likely to happen. When I programmed the first day or two, ready for release, I might release those as a demo while continuing to work on the rest. But that depends on whether all the backgrounds and such will be finished by then.
nerupuff wrote:2. Do you like or dislike the characters? Anyone in particular?
Gods, I love William a lot (probably because I relate to his personality lol). His sprites are so well done, and I'm amazed he has three different frowns. He also has such a charming smile, so I hope I see him smile in the game too, though I feel he's probably not the type of person to do so as often. Keeping my fingers crossed that his character development will be something I will get quite attached to.
I'm glad, though three frowns isn't that impressive. It's just a wriggly line made slightly different. If you have normal, sad and angry eyebrows you can copy-paste those into six different frowns. I think he'll smile plenty in the game, depending on who's he conversing with and what his state of mind is.
nerupuff wrote:I usually gravitate towards the cute ones, so I suppose I really really like Charlotte's art. Except... I'm not too much of a fan of doe-eyed, innocent princesses who only search for true love (probably because I feel like I used to be that kind of girl too HAHA). It seems like she's probably gonna experience some sort of heartbreak with Prince William. That's how things usually turn out for pairings like that, right...? What with their clashing personalities and all.
Maybe, I'm not going to spoil...
I hope you'll like her story regardless once it comes out!
nerupuff wrote:I'm kind of 50-50 with Salia, but my favorite is probably Veronica. She doesn't sound too princess-y and she gives off the aura of a headstrong woman. But there's something else that I can't quite pinpoint, but it's there, and I like her. I'd love to see how you progress her route with William.
As for side characters, I think I love them all. I'm excited.
Aw, I'm glad. Veronica does seem to be a fan favourite, her smirk really came out well so that's probably a big factor. I'll hope that I'll surprise you with her especially Salia's route more than you'd expect. Salia might not be as terrible as everyone things.Actually she is, but I'm not going to let that stop me!
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Mammon »

Me: Veronica wouldn't be too much of a problem, she only has a few dresses.

Me: But wouldn't she get more expensive dresses from William during her route?

Me: Damn it.

Her first day is done and we're getting halfway her second. Progress, jay!
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Mammon »

Whoops, accidentally quoted instead of editted.
Last edited by Mammon on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

nerupuff
Veteran

#36 Post by nerupuff »

Veronica looks stunning. I really love the different poses. It's also super nice how she has a variety of color on her outfits, as opposed to Salia's and Charlotte's clothes. Cute bird too. Now I really ship her with William since he has some sprite art with a bird too.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!