miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [BxB, GxB][Otome][Romance, Comedy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [BxB, GxB][Otome][Romance, Comedy]

#16 Post by Zelan »

Does it sound like something you'd enjoy playing? Why or why not?: Yup! I played MM and liked it, and I also really loved Serafina's Saga, so I'd be willing to try out more stuff from you guys.

Do you like the art style so far?: I don't particularly like it or dislike it. It kinda looks like anime but also... not? I dunno, I'm not sure how to explain it. I don't hate it, but I'm not drooling over how pretty it is, either.

We'll start by targeting mobile devices, but would you be interested in playing a game like this on desktop?: I'd probably play it on my phone. A desktop option would be good for those who prefer it, but since it's going to be optimized for mobile it makes sense. c:

Would you prefer ads or in-app purchases as a means of paying for the game?: I always prefer ads, since I'm unable to make in-app purchases.

You could use a combination of the two - I know that in Trivia Crack, if you wanted an extra life, you could either buy it directly or watch an ad to get it. I'm not sure how that works in terms of programming and such, but if you could figure it out, I think it would be a good compromise between both possibilities.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#17 Post by storykween »

@Zelan: Thanks for the feedback! Regarding in-app purchases vs. ads, at this point we've focused mostly on implementing optional in-app purchases. It will be free to play, but in-app purchases will involve the ability to skip or rewind time. The hope is that most people playing casually will enjoy the overall challenge of the real-time elements of the game, but people who really enjoy it and want to play/replay without time constraints will support us and pay for the in-app purchases. We may incorporate some ads as well, but if so they will go away via in-app purchases.

Quite frankly, our studio's budget is running out (which is another reason we have such a tight deadline)! I see the in-app purchases as an optional way for people who enjoy it to incrementally pay for the game itself (and help keep our little studio from going under). But anyone can still download and play it start to finish for free. Hopefully it'll be a win-win situation on that account.

As a general update: clearly we didn't quite make the September 5 deadline we originally gave ourselves, but we're really close to finished and hope to release now on September 21st!
My website: woodsy-studio.com

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#18 Post by Zelan »

I hope the in-app purchases work out for you! c: I'm personally unable to pay for them, but I figure there'll be someone out there who enjoys the game enough to pay for it. I'll look forward to the release!