LEGEND ♦ OF ♦ AORAI [G ♡ B][Otome][Fantasy] -KICKSTARTER NOW LIVE!-

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: LEGEND ♦ OF ♦ AORAI [G ♡ B][Otome][Fantasy] -KICKSTARTER NOW LIVE!-

#16 Post by gekiganwing »

Galaxias Games wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:12 am
The premise reminds me of Fushigi Yugi. I followed this story in Viz's monthly Animerica Extra magazine from about 1998 to 2002. It was not bad. However, I slowly lost interest in it. After a number of traumatic events, and major characters experiencing grief while trying to press on, I just wanted it to be resolved.
Galaxias Games wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:12 am 5. Do you like plot twists or just any twists in general?
There have been times when I've thought "I don't know where this story is going, and I like it." For instance, I watched King of Thorn a couple years ago. About a third of the way through the movie, it looked like the story was about a small group trying to survive in an unfamiliar, hostile environment. I didn't know how many of them would make it, and I was enjoying the movie. (After that, several plot events seemed to turn the story into a mindscrew. I wished that the creative staff had continued to emphasize action and survival.)

Plot twists can be problematic. I'm sure you've experienced some stories which left you frustrated. Maybe it was a reveal that a major character was a robot the whole time, or that the seemingly alien environment was Earth the whole time.
Galaxias Games wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:12 am 10. What's your positive opinion on the art?
The art is okay, but I don't think that it stands out much. If I saw it on a shelf next to a handful of otome VNs, I think that it might blend into the background. In my opinion, I don't think that the drawings convey a distinct style or personality. I admit that I'm being too vague. I will mention two visual novels which I think have notable art in the following spoiler section.
Oakwood Academy is currently on Kickstarter. The art is maybe a bit too bright in terms of colors. That said, I like how the characters are slightly realistic in terms of appearance. I noted how the artist drew their eyes (slightly large and expressive) and lips (not too exaggerated). Their outfits and hair are reasonably detailed.

Sakura Tempest was successfully funded through Kickstarter earlier this year. The characters' teeth look maybe a bit too perfect. However, I like how the person drew hair and ears. They're detailed without seeming photorealistic. I also like how one drawing shows the characters standing outside while it's raining -- this demonstrates that the person can draw situations without daylight or indoor lighting.

Galaxias Games
Tumblr: galaxiasgames
Deviantart: catzynova
itch: galaxiasgames

#17 Post by Galaxias Games »

Relaunched campaign.

Galaxias Games
Tumblr: galaxiasgames
Deviantart: catzynova
itch: galaxiasgames

#18 Post by Galaxias Games »

20 Days of Kickstarter funding to go. All or nothing.