Signed and Sealed with a Kiss (Romance/Comedy) (G/BxB)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jain
Regular

Re: Signed and Sealed with a Kiss (Romance/Comedy) (G/BxB)

#16 Post by Jain »

Played the demo. Definitely interested in seeing more.

My general thoughts:

I like the music at the start screen. It’s a a little dreamy, a bit thoughtful, and that’s helped by the expression on the guy’s face.
Not too sure I’m a fan of the blue and white grid pattern. It doesn’t seem to jive with the music and the character standing there. Could maybe work better (for me) with a darker set of colors. I personally would maybe like to see the title (and the scissors and the dotted line moved above the Start, Settings and Quit options.

Once in the game proper, the “pick your pronouns” section seems distracting; it doesn’t add or take anything away for me. I'm also a little
confused by the "select your anatomical preferences" bit. Is this referring to what you prefer in other people or for your character?
Would prefer that these options were worked more naturally into the VN or were presented a little later on. It doesn’t seem necessary at the very beginning (so far as I could tell after playing through with a male and female gender selection: the first indication of your choice seems to be when you walk downstairs naked). My main issue with most of the above is that its the first thing you see in the game.

In general, I'm not a fan of the grid as the background for the text box. It seems too “different” from the background art. To me it just seems to clash.

Also would be nice if the bedroom/living room kitchen backgrounds were slightly different (maybe in colors or furniture arrangement or the presence of certain objects) depending on the gender choices made at the beginning on the VN. I feel like the bedroom is definitely feminine space, and it felt a little “off” to me when I played as a guy. If you’re set on providing player character options that might be be a nice touch to acknowledge your choice.

Will edit this post with more story specific stuff in a bit, just wanted to get this down while it was fresh in my thoughts.

Anomalis
Projects: Lovelie Deception; Beauty and the Brothers; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Holiday♥Lovers
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#17 Post by Anomalis »

@Artalija:
Thank you for the feedback! We'll make the necessary changes to fully satisfy user experience. We appreciate it!

UPDATE:

Thank you so much to everyone who's pre-ordered the game so far! Your support is amazing!

We thought it would be nice if we showed you all where exactly these funds will be going - and that's towards a number of stretch goals to have new content added to the game. Progress will be updated every 25% or so, and new goals will be revealed as old ones are finished off.

Goal #1 (5 new CGs): ACHIEVED 08/16!

Goal #2 (New GUI and logo): ACHIEVED 08/19!

Goal #3 (Title screen CG): 78%

ALSO:

Summer is almost over! D=

Before it ends, we’ve decided to host a little livestream with the Anomalis team. This is our followers' chance to learn more about our team, developing indie games, our plans for the future, and pretty much anything else you want to know.

It’ll be hosted on YouTube on August 25th. So, send in your questions by filling out [THIS] form. If you leave us your email address, then you’ll be entered into a prize draw to design your own event for Signed and Sealed with a Kiss!

We can’t wait to see everyone there and to answer all of your questions!

Anomalis
Projects: Lovelie Deception; Beauty and the Brothers; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Holiday♥Lovers

#18 Post by Anomalis »

TIME to KICK IT into HIGH GEAR

Our IndieGoGo campaign is LIVE, and we are so hyped! A lot of work went into researching successful campaigns, budgeting, and, well, making it look good.

The big question || Why IndieGoGo?

We’ve kept our goal humble since we paid out of pocket for the basic assets and have been putting all the cash from pre-orders to good use. However, to give this game that little extra oomph, we’ve decided to turn to you for support. With the help of IndieGoGo and you, we hope to add an additional 5 CGs (minimum) to the finished game. Not a big ask, right?

So, if you want more amazing CGs from our CG artist @mootecky, then please consider supporting our project on IndieGoGo. It’ll help us really bring SSWK to life!

Plus, you can purchase cool rewards, like writing your own custom event, designing an NPC, and even making your own Boyfriend personality!

From all of us at Anomalis,

THANK YOU.

[SSWK DEMO] [SSWK INDIEGOGO]

Anomalis

#19 Post by Anomalis »

UPDATE:

Letter-posts Sold Out + IndieGoGO Update

We’ve finally sold out of Letter-posts on itch.io! Thank you so much for supporting us! And if you’d still like to get a pre-order at the special price, you can grab one on IndieGoGo (though please be aware the campaign is in Canadian dollars rather than USD).

Anyway, the campaign is doing very well! We’ve hit 60% with 24 days left! And, regardless of how much we end with, we’ll be re-calculating our goals after we’ve received those funds and checking to see which goals we’ve hit after conversion. Please look forward to that.

Update on the GUI and new logo!

In other great news, after finalizing our design document, we sent it off, and it's been accepted.

The very talented ds-sans will be creating the new GUI and logo for us! We can't wait to see how they turn out.

So, to finish this off, we’ll leave you with this amazing sketch by @aly-san, who has been creating the Boyfriend logos for us!

Thanks again for the continuous support!

[SSWK DEMO]
[SSWK INDIEGOGO]

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

-Does this game sound like something you would play? Why or why not?: I'd play it. c: The premise isn't necessarily my thing, but I have a lot of respect for your dev group and I think you'll do a god job making a cool game.
-Which character appeals to you the most?: Honestly? The base boyfriend is the cutest. The other personalities aren't my favorite tropes. I always go for the nerdy dudes with glasses. :P

@runadial, you're thinking of Jimi-Kare: My Quiet Boyfriend. c: Now that you mention it, it is somewhat similar, although that one has a childhood friend instead of a...robot guy.(?)

island

#21 Post by island »

-Does this game sound like something you would play? Why or why not?
Yes???? As I was reading I got a lot of Absolute Boyfriend vibes (and then found out thaT iT HAS INSPIRATION? yes please //// I'm totally biased because it's one of my favourite series aah) and the plot seems really interesting! There's also the added bonus of really pretty looking art and not using cookie-cutter personalities of other archtypes (ex. Tsundere, nerdy, player, etc)

-Which character appeals to you the most?
All of them. I'm the kind of person who goes on every single route and has to go to a random spinner to start the game. But if I was going to be picky I would go for the fashionista since he seems to have the longest hair out of all the other LI's and guys with long hair is my favourite. Also because he seems slightly more timid than others in the archtype of fashionista

-General feedback/comments?
I'm really excited for the full release!! And to get a taste of it with the demo (its downloading currently) Good luck with everything until you release it!
and you said no
these demons will fall
youre so precious to us all
flatsound // i exist i exist i exist

Anomalis

#22 Post by Anomalis »

@Zelan:
Thank you for the feedback! We can only hope for you to find the demo enjoyable, at least ^^ The base boyfriend is a blank slate and we could do a lot with him. Currently he doesn't have a route because he's the base but who knows? Maybe we'll add something for him in the future (; Also! The LI in this game is fully homosapien. He's basically a, let's say, lab test baby. Artificially born. So, no part of him is robotic in any way, haha, does that make sense?

@island:
Absolute Boyfriend is, I think, the main series we took inspiration from so I'm glad we've been getting positive notes on that! Fashionista is an incredibly interesting character, to say the least. He's got great things coming for his route (; Thank you for the feedback, do let us know how you liked the demo!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Zelan »

Anomalis wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:35 am @Zelan:
Thank you for the feedback! We can only hope for you to find the demo enjoyable, at least ^^ The base boyfriend is a blank slate and we could do a lot with him. Currently he doesn't have a route because he's the base but who knows? Maybe we'll add something for him in the future (; Also! The LI in this game is fully homosapien. He's basically a, let's say, lab test baby. Artificially born. So, no part of him is robotic in any way, haha, does that make sense?
Oh, yeah, that makes sense! Like, artificially grown with DNA and aged up? Nice.

Anomalis

#24 Post by Anomalis »

UPDATE:

Our main goal has finally been met! Huzzah!

We're at 100%+ funding! Thanks so much, everyone!

I believe I heard that our CG artist will be getting back into things next week, around the 18th, so we should hopefully have some new sketches for you soon!

As for the goals we've met, the content that will be added to the game are as follows:
-10 new CGs
-New GUI and logo
-Custom title screen CG
-Clicker mini-game + mini-game toggle
-One new sexy R-17 scene per boyfriend

We feel so humbled by all those that have helped to achieve our primary goal and now we can add all these to the final game.

We still have 12 days to go [super lucky] and we’re still pushing to reach our True Goal of a Base Boyfriend Route. Also, wouldn’t Voiced Epilogues be cool!

PLAY || PLEDGE || REBLOG || RETWEET || REVIEW

And hey, go cray and do all 5. All will help us reach that goal and ensure we can make this the very best!!!

PS. If you do review the game, be sure to let us know!

Anomalis

#25 Post by Anomalis »

UPDATE:

We’ve reached goal #7!!

Which means 5 more CGs will be added to the game! And with 6 days to go, it’s not a moment too soon. Remember, we still have our true goal of Basic Beta Boyfriend getting his own route! So please pledge if you haven't already!

The GUI was finally finished today, meaning we’ll be working on updating our graphics displays and getting up the new demo ASAP! Thank you to ds-sans for providing us with these amazing assets!

For those of you who are otome completionists, we have a very special type of CG just for you.
You'll unlock this extra image after you've unlocked all of the other collectable chibi CGs in the game! The artwork features the boys with a few of their... more interesting jobs.

Also, with the CGs restarted, we finally have some WIPs to show off! Yay! Keep an eye out for the rest!

Last thing, check out this awesome review of our latest upcoming game “Signed and Sealed with a Kiss"!

* Please note that due to a number of content changes we're making in the new demo, it may take a month or two until we can release it. Thank you for your patience!

PLAY || PLEDGE || REBLOG || RETWEET || REVIEW

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Zelan »

...is the fashionista a tentacle hentai artist.

Anomalis

#27 Post by Anomalis »

@Zelan:

No, he's a CGI artist ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Zelan »

That makes a LOT more sense. The tentacles had me concerned there lol. And is that the thrill seeker as a boot camp director? Love it.

HimeNaya
Regular
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
itch: himenaya

#29 Post by HimeNaya »

:D Congrats on the successful Indiegogo campaign! :D

Anomalis

#30 Post by Anomalis »

@HimeNaya: Thank you, love!

UPDATE:

Guess who has his own route!

We've achieved the Beta Boyfriend Route stretch goal! Thank you to everyone who pledged to make this route come true, we're excited to write him in!

There's only 2 days left of the campaign, we'd love to achieve one last goal before it ends! A new random event voted by the backers, perhaps?

We had a comment about wanting the start options integrated into the game a bit better. What better way than to have players fill in their information when confronted by a very rude courier? Additionally, the GUI is very customizable so we can adjust aspects as the game develops. It’s such a magical thing!

We can’t wait to show you SSWK’s new look in a new updated demo. But first, we have the campaign to finish.

And since we’re reaching the end, we thought we’d do something special. As of right now, you can purchase the Add Your Own Random Name tier for $5! Feel free to get as many… or as little :(… as you want on our IndieGoGo page!

It may still show up as $20 on the storefront for some people, but if you click to purchase it, the correct price should be displayed.

Thank you so much for the constant support and encouragement! We appreciate it very much ^^