Updated 16/03/18 - Kickstarter launched and new demo released!
Updated 15/12/17 - Alpha demo is out!
Updated 23/08/17 - some updates to the characters, and the map example
Updated 07/08/17 - added explanation of day system, and the linear-open world system
Updated 05/08/17 - added BG samples, updated protagonist profile
Download the Demo at itch.io!
We have finally reached the Kickstarter stage!
You can check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... game-adult
Into The Hoop is a light-hearted slice of life visual novel/dating sim where you assume the role of Taiyou High School's basketball ace.
You are Yuu Kazehaya (優風早) of Taiyou High School, and your team has recently won the regional tournament to compete in the Interhigh Championship which is 45 days away! Being a final year senior, this means that once the Interhigh Championship is over, so is your high school basketball life. With a desire to build an everlasting album of high school memories with the remaining time available, you will decide on what kind of activities Yuu should pursue. This could be advancing routes of particular love interests, hanging out with your teammates, or raising stats with activities such as studying, training, or doing a part-time job!
In your quest to win the Interhigh Championships, can you make the right decisions to balance athletics, studies, and relationships with your remaining days to reach the perfect ending?
- Over 10 hours of content planned for the direct route
- Over 25 hours of content if you explore all route options
- Original soundtrack
- Multiple romanceable characters
- Partial voice acting
- There will be NSFW elements
- A day cycle system, where you'll be able to do different activities based on time of the day
- Money system, you can earn money to buy items for your love interest or yourself
- Stats system. Your character has a set of stats which might affect unlocking routes, or endings.
- Bond system. You will be able to hang out with various people to increase your bond with them, which unlocks further routes and special scenes.
- Timed choices. Through various days, there will be timed choices that will give you bonus choices to increase stats/bonds.
- Events system. Special events unlock if you meet certain stat/bond criteria throughout the game.
- Map system. Throughout each phase, you can choose which location you would want to go. Some places are only available during specific times, and some are only unlocked as the story progresses
Below is a sample graph of how you might progress a day. Morning phases are normally used to drive the story forward, and the afternoon/evening phases are mostly decided by the players.
How the Linear-Open World Works
Let's say if you have decided to pursue Date X in Day 1, which activates 'Scene 1' of Date X, but find that the date not to your taste, and decided to move on to other choices. 10 days later, IF you had a change of heart and decided to pursue Date X again in, you will continue on 'Scene 2' of Date X, which is a continuation from 'Scene 1'. This allows plenty of possibility for you to pursue those that might only be of interest to you, or if you are a perfectionist, plan your days carefully so that you can maximize everything.
Sample BG art
- What do you think of the overall premise of the VN? Does it interest you?
- What are your thoughts on the technical features? Such as day system, stats, and relationship management.
- Which character captured your interest the most? And why?
- Will you play the early demo when it's available?
- What is your general feeling of this VN's direction?
Thank you for reading!
You can follow our status updates on our Twitter channel!
Into The Hoop Team~