Tales From Windy Meadow [Fantasy/Slice of life/Pixel Art]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Preseva
Regular
Projects: The Miller's Daughter

Re: Tales From Windy Meadow [Fantasy/Slice of life/Pixel Art]

#121 Post by Preseva »

The dedication to detail is astounding. It looks like a living, breathing world... I love the immersion!

Aureus
Veteran
Completed: The Tavern, Tales From Windy Meadow
Projects: Roadwarden
Organization: Moral Anxiety Studio
itch: moral-anxiety

#122 Post by Aureus »

Preseva wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:45 pm The dedication to detail is astounding. It looks like a living, breathing world... I love the immersion!
Aww, thank you so much! Do I have some stories to tell about it... They are not that interesting, though. ; )
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Aureus
Veteran

#123 Post by Aureus »

I can hardly believe it, but today I'm working on the game's epilogue. I'm waiting for one more image and rewriting the endgame credits. Tomorrow I'm sending the game for some testing, and if we decide the quality is satisfying, we'll try to try to release Tales From Windy Meadow before Christmas.

Yesterday, Oray Studios sent me some fantastic graphics that I'm editing right now. This game is so much more than I originally aimed for and it truly makes me proud.

For this ScreenshotSaturday I prepared two "old vs new" backgrounds. Some differences are obvious, some won't ever be noticed by anyone... Yet you won't believe how much time it took me to apply all the changes I wanted. And I think it was worth it.

Have a fantastic day!
tastyclaw NEW.png
tastyclaw OLD.png
tastyclawblood NEW.png
tastyclawblood OLD.png
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#124 Post by Zelan »

I'm super excited for Tales From Windy Meadow to release! You've worked so hard on it and it's amazing to see how close you are to the final product. c:

Aureus
Veteran

#125 Post by Aureus »

Zelan wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:19 pm I'm super excited for Tales From Windy Meadow to release! You've worked so hard on it and it's amazing to see how close you are to the final product. c:
Thank you so much! I recently spend 12+ hours every day working on the game and I'm exhausted... I love to see the progress, but I think I'm ready to finally see the end of the road. ^^

Aureus
Veteran

#126 Post by Aureus »

A small update - I decided to disable the demo that I shared here some time ago because it does not reflect the current state of the game. Many graphics were updated, interface changed significantly and an important bug was removed. Dialogue was also majorly improved during the editing process.

I will be sure to upload the new version of the demo during the full release (I currently aim at December 20th!). However, if some of you would like to play the demo in the nearby future, I can modify my plans and upload it by itself.
screenshot0010.png

Aureus
Veteran

#127 Post by Aureus »

It’s happening! 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄 turned out great! We’re still changing some minor details, but even now we’re proud of the Visual Novel we developed. Uploading it on Steam and adding the achievements was (almost) painless and we’ll do our best to make sure that 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝘁𝗵 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿!
To make sure you won’t miss the initial discount, wishlist the game here!
Our journey is almost over. Thank you for supporting our project for over year and a half. ❤️
01.png
04.png
03.png
02.png
05.png

Aureus
Veteran

#128 Post by Aureus »

It's the last ScreenshotSaturday before 𝙏𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙁𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙒𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙮 𝙈𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙤𝙬's release... So we've made a new trailer!

Only five more days... Thank you for all the support you shared with us in the comments. <3

Aureus
Veteran

#129 Post by Aureus »

Tales From Windy Meadow is now available on Steam. I wanted to create an interactive story that explores the anxieties of choosing one’s path and living in a small community.

It turned out just as I wanted it to be, but better. It’s set in my beloved fantasy setting that I’ve been working on for 10 years. It tells a slice-of-life story, not an action-adventure one. It’s a Visual Novel, but it’s not about romance nor sex. I love the music, I love how the graphics evolved since the early concept arts. I love how the dialogues improved over the years.

It’s a niche game and I understand if many of you won’t find it interesting, but I also know for some people it’s a unique, intimate experience. And I’m happy I made it.

Thank you for sharing this moment with me. ^^

Preseva
Regular

#130 Post by Preseva »

Congratulations on this monumental achievement! Just your story alone about its creation is moving and speaks to me. I'm looking forward to playing it today.

Aureus
Veteran

#131 Post by Aureus »

Preseva wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:41 pm Congratulations on this monumental achievement!
Thank you and also I wanted to thank you for your kind comments shared here from time to time. Sometimes I truly need a bit of encouragement and I appreciate your support!

Preseva
Regular

#132 Post by Preseva »

I have been worried about spamming your thread, so that is good. I got to start the game during lunch today (with two chars) and right away, the feeling is EPIC.