S.I.N [GxB Cyberpunk Thriller] Programming has begun

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
HimeNaya
Regular
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
itch: himenaya

S.I.N [GxB Cyberpunk Thriller] Programming has begun

#1 Post by HimeNaya »

TWITTER I FACEBOOK I ITCH.IO I GAME JOLT

S.I.N is a cyberpunk/thriller visual novel that places emphasis on your choices and the relationships you build.
Light RPG elements help enhance the cyberpunk world S.I.N takes place in.

Interrogate a murderer, extract the needed information and don’t fall victim to her lies.
But remember, your choices matter...Choose your questions wisely.

So what will you believe?

There are 2 timelines you get to venture through as the player.

There is PRESENT DAY and the PAST. In each timeline you will play as a different character.
Make sure you collect as much information possible, the outcome of the interrogation depends on it.

PRESENT DAY TIMELINE:

Play as Lacey Bennett

Choose the questions you ask the suspect very carefully.
Every choice has consequences; some better than others.

Question Adeline Evrard

Adeline is accused of committing multiple murders. She has remained silent during her entire captivity with the D.A.C.
It is your job to get her to speak and finally confess to her crimes. She is manipulative and cunning...
Trust nothing she says.

PAST TIMELINE:

Play as Adeline Evrard (The Suspect) in the past timeline.

As you play in the past, trying to uncover the truth behind Adeline's crimes, you (the player) will be given opportunities to see events from different perspectives. Build trust between characters to discover unseen truths, but if you prove yourself to be untrustworthy then things can take a turn for the worse.

Make allies and unlock the ability to play multiple characters to gain alternate perspectives of the story to discover the truth.

GAMEPLAY

Light RPG elements throughout the entire game.
Point and Click options to search backgrounds and new locations.

WARNINGS
Demo will contain the following:
Gore, Crude Humor, Disturbing Imagery, and Flashing lights that may trigger seizures.
Last edited by HimeNaya on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 32 times in total.

HimeNaya
Regular

Asset Designs

#2 Post by HimeNaya »

We've finalized the HP Bar design for the Battle system in the game and FINALLY got it to work accurately during a test battle. Only took us 3 days to figure out what was wrong with our code. XD We also finalized the choice buttons during choice menus. We will be making a separate GUI menu design for in battle choices most likely.

Amberbaum
Regular

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Scifi/Horror/JRPG] Commercial

#3 Post by Amberbaum »

Oh man. This looks pretty good. I love VNs with interactive and RPG elements to it. Plus, we can never have enough Sci-fi games with GxB.

HimeNaya
Regular

#4 Post by HimeNaya »

Amberbaum wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:42 pm Oh man. This looks pretty good. I love VNs with interactive and RPG elements to it. Plus, we can never have enough Sci-fi games with GxB.
Thanks so much! We agree, RPG elements and any interaction brings a visual novel up a few steps and keeps people interested. It kinda gets boring just reading constantly unless the story is really captivating. :) And YES! GxB needs a little more love in the visual novel world these days. Not that we have anything against other pairings. :)

HimeNaya
Regular

#5 Post by HimeNaya »

A Bundle of sketches recently done for the game as coding for the first half of the demo is advancing slowly! :)

HimeNaya
Regular

#6 Post by HimeNaya »

UPDATE!

Scenes 1-6 SCRIPT IS COMPLETE! :D

Further scenes are being scripted as coding is beginning and assets are being created as well. Here is a sneak peek of Adeline in one of her outfits (Unfinished) and a draft of the Demo Game Start Screen.

HimeNaya
Regular

#7 Post by HimeNaya »

UPDATE!

ADELINE'S CHARACTER DESIGN IS COMPLETE!
She actually has two outfits in the Demo, but this is her main outfit.

HimeNaya
Regular

#8 Post by HimeNaya »

UPDATE 9/19

DEMO SCRIPT IS NOW 80% COMPLETE!

HimeNaya
Regular

UPDATE 9/20

#9 Post by HimeNaya »

UPDATE 9/20
ANOTHER CHARACTER COMPLETE!

Lacey is the interrogator that is assigned to work on Adeline's case. Her goal is to find out the truth of what happened at the S.I.N location.

HimeNaya
Regular

UPDATE 9/21

#10 Post by HimeNaya »

UPDATE 9/21

WE ARE ON A ROLL! ANOTHER CHARACTER DESIGN COMPLETED!

Zandrel is considered The Leader in the group Adeline works for at S.I.N. He seems distant, but his team is his number one concern; especially Adeline.

*Zandrel is a possible love interest in the game; depending on your choices and answers in the game.

Amberbaum
Regular

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Scifi/Horror/RPG] Commercial

#11 Post by Amberbaum »

These look all so good. I especially dig Zandrel's long red hair :3

Quick question: If we can play multiple characters does that mean we can play the game form Lacey's perspective, too?

HimeNaya
Regular

#12 Post by HimeNaya »

Amberbaum wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:29 am These look all so good. I especially dig Zandrel's long red hair :3

Quick question: If we can play multiple characters does that mean we can play the game form Lacey's perspective, too?
Thank you! So glad you like him! I personally am a bit fond of Zandrel as well. XD

Yes! So the way the story is divided up is present day you play as Lacey; The Interrogator. Your job is to get Adeline to talk. If and when Adeline does talk, it goes into flashback mode 6 months prior (THIS IS THE BULK OF THE STORY). This is where you will be playing as Adeline and altering her relationships with people she's around.

HimeNaya
Regular

UPDATE 9/25

#13 Post by HimeNaya »

SCENE ONE OF DEMO IS CODED AND READY FOR ART/MUSIC TO BE INSERTED!

The Demo as a whole will consist of 12 parts. (That's how I broke it down so it'd be easier to follow.) As of now scene one is pretty much near completion. just a few more sprites and BG images to do. But as of now our goals are to finish script completely, focus on sprites and coding the scenes. Backgrounds/cgs/imagemaps/music & SFX will come after coding and sprites are complete. <3 Below is a visual representation of what still needs to be done. (Alot, I know) XD

Yellow is IN PROGRESS and Green is COMPLETE. (and yes some things are blurred to avoid spoilers.) :)

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#14 Post by Scribbles »

The art work is really nice, I like when people stray from the standard anime style. The logo looks really nice too. I'll try to follow this > < . I'm not usually into Scifi but the concept looks interesting and there seems to be a bit of horror and romance which usually lures me in lol
Image - Image -Image

HimeNaya
Regular

#15 Post by HimeNaya »

Scribbles wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:24 pm The art work is really nice, I like when people stray from the standard anime style. The logo looks really nice too. I'll try to follow this > < . I'm not usually into Scifi but the concept looks interesting and there seems to be a bit of horror and romance which usually lures me in lol
Thanks so much! The artwork has been a long process and many tossed designs until we found one we were all fond of. :) And thank you for the interest! Yes, it has a scifi setting, but we are avoiding on too much tech in the story because it's really not needed. It's more of a Supernatural/Horror based drama that happens to take place in a scifi setting. If we get techy on anything it'll be backgrounds and perhaps weapons. That's about it. :)