Possessions: Take the World [GxB][Mystery,Fantasy][Commercial][RPG] Kickstarter+Demo Available!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
threebards

Possessions: Take the World [GxB][Mystery,Fantasy][Commercial][RPG] Kickstarter+Demo Available!

#1 Post by threebards »

Possessions is an indie strategy RPG and mystery adventure game for PC and mobile, written by a former web developer who loves story games. It will delivered by episodic updates as a web series, where a player's decisions are recorded as votes and used to influence the next chapter.

The Grand Union is on the brink of ruin, with bandits and monsters roaming the land once more. No one trusts anyone, not the merchants, not the military, not the government... not even the church. Follow the journey of two revolutionaries in their tiny merchant caravan as they recruit allies, battle enemies, and take over and fix this corrupted world. Every character has something different to contribute. Lead your comrades into battle or take them with you on a truth-finding investigation.

Play the Demo Here! No need to use a real email, just use the one randomly provided in registration.
Kickstarter Now Live!

Demo Footage

In this game you will inevitably engage in combat, whether it's against bandits, monsters, or the Imperial Army. Deploy your units against theirs and use strategy to outclass your opponent in tactical turn-based combat.

Demo Footage

Unravel the deep web of lies in the Grand Union to discover who your true enemies are. To properly investigate, you will need to bring along a team with the appropriate skills. Every unit brings along a unique talent to solve puzzles, whether it be picking locks, fire magic, or flight.

To avoid notice, the caravan camps outside in the woods at night. Two characters are appointed for the nightwatch to warn everyone in case of danger. Over the moonlit campfire, these two get a chance to chat and bond with each other. Their ultimate fate will depend on their relationship with their allies.

Questions:
1. Does the premise of the story interest you?
2. Which character(s) are you most interested in learning more about?
3. What do you think about multiple art styles within a single game?
4. Would you rather play this game on a browser or in an app?

5. What are some things you like about the demo?
6. How can we make the game more fun to play? <- Most important question

threebards

Re: Possessions: Take the World [GxB][Mystery,Fantasy][Commercial][RPG] Kickstarter+Demo Available!

#2 Post by threebards »

Our kickstarter is now live!

We appreciate any feedback about our game.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Possessions: Take the World [GxB][Mystery,Fantasy][Commercial][RPG] Kickstarter+Demo Available!

#3 Post by Zelan »

1. Does the premise of the story interest you?: Yes. It's fantasy with a hint of politics, which I always enjoy.
2. Which character(s) are you most interested in learning more about?: I really like Eos. I'm also interested in the relationship between Hiltrude and Wolf, and in their backstories.
3. What do you think about multiple art styles within a single game?: I personally don't have a problem with it, but there are a lot of people who would call this a deal-breaker, depending on how much the styles clashed.
4. Would you rather play this game on a browser or in an app?: I tend to prefer browser-based games.

5. What are some things you like about the demo?: I didn't play it (no time).
6. How can we make the game more fun to play?: I don't like the idea of choices being recorded as votes. I feel like this would have the potential to quickly turn the story into something that I don't want it to be if too many people choose different choices than what I chose. I would prefer that each person's individual story carries over from their own choices.

threebards

#4 Post by threebards »

Thanks for answering the questions! Good point on the voting thing. Since it's a web game I wanted more features that focused on web capability, but it might ruin some people's experiences. We might just use it to gauge what kind of story arcs players want to see.

In other news, our Kickstarter is at 10%!