WARNING: Rated 16+ for explicit language and some adult themes.
A magical and incredible ability, granted to the wearers of summoning rings.
If you possess such a ring, all you need to do is focus, and the person bound to that ring will teleport to you.
Doesn't matter how far away they are, doesn't matter what they're doing...
Doesn't matter if they don't WANT TO.
Doesn't matter if, oh, I dunno, they're ASLEEP or BRUTALLY INJURED or in the middle of a FUCKING CONVERSATION.
...Sorry, this isn't a story about how cool it is to be able to summon a servant to do your bidding.
Maybe I'm just enjoying a nice walk outside, looking up at the sun and almost forgetting that my life's the worst, when suddenly ZSHZSHIIIINNGGG!!!! Brad barks at me to help him cut boards for his home remodeling.
Then, after we finish, if I'm lucky I might get an entire 8 seconds of free time before ZSHZSHIIIINNGGG!!!! Stella and her rock band need me to set up their musical equipment.
Whether it's walking David's night shift as a mall security guard, helping Brenda drag people out of burning buildings, or attempting to protect James from high school bullies, it's safe to say that THIS JOB SUCKS.
At least there's Amy...the one person who never forces me to do anything, and is in fact quite nice to me. I think with her help, I might just make it through this year with my emotional sanity intact.
That's assuming my boss, Steve the Demon Lord, doesn't find more piles of shit for me to do.
In any case, my name's Flin Paltwell, and I hope you enjoy my modern tale.
Projected Final Word Count: ~300k (152k written so far)
There's a long way to go before completion, especially considering this is a 100% solo project, but I'm determined to get there. I've already put in over two years, so what's a few more?
Summoned has a fuck-ton of CG's. Here are just a few:
If you play the demo, I would love it if you could answer these questions:
1. Does the 3D-ness or the art style in general bug you? Did you get used to it if it did?
2. What do you think of Flin, the cynical protagonist?
3. Who's your most-favorite character? Your least-favorite? How come?
4. Did any of the music seem out-of place or annoying?
5. I'm very much of the opinion that Summoned gets better and better over time, but the first two hours shown in the demo are burdened with a lot of exposition and setting establishment. Did the demo succeed in grabbing your interest? Are you curious what happens next in the story?
6. Finally, any critiques you may have in general about things you liked or disliked are greatly appreciated! This is a passion project, and I shall strive to make it as good as I can!