Kairos [BxG, GxB] [Thriller, Romance, Mystery] Commercial

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CodeV
Regular

Kairos [BxG, GxB] [Thriller, Romance, Mystery] Commercial

#1 Post by CodeV »

I've been polishing the story and development for 2/3 years now, finally starting up our first VN title; Kairos.
The rough draft is now 300, 000 words, with 9 possible endings. (Subjected to more.)

Kairos is going to be a hybrid between a point-click and classic visual novel game. Screenshots should be up soon as well.
I'm aiming to release a demo by the end of the year or starting of next year.

Features
* Point and Click adventure
* Choice of main character gender
* Puzzle solving and investigations
* 4 romance options for male, 3 romance options for female
* 9 different endings

Characters
Meet the cast of Kairos. Each Idol has a side they don't want the world to see and a reason why they kept fighting.
*These are the rough design drafts of how the characters will look like. More will be out soon.

If you're like me and always wanted to make a VN but don't know where to start? Maybe we can partner up C:
Will post up a recruitment thread soon.

Some questions for you guys.
How do you find the premise of the story?
Does the game interest you?
Do you see any character that you find interesting so far?

BlackFlameExplosion
Projects: The Legend Of Ocelia.
Organization: Infinity Stories

Re: Kairos [BxG, GxB] [Thriller, Romance, Mystery] Commercial

#2 Post by BlackFlameExplosion »

How do you find the premise of the story?
I find this introduction wonderful! Nothing wrong with any of it, I'm really proud of people like you. :)

Does the game interest you?
Yes, I would play it and even repeat the whole story when I finish it. ;o

Do you see any character that you find interesting so far?
Yeah! Ken is the type of guy I'd like to try reading about, all other characters are nice too. :D

MasterOfDisguise

#3 Post by MasterOfDisguise »

This concept is so original! I love idols so I know this will be right up my street <3
You definitely have my attention!
I am looking forward to Ken and Saito the most I think.

Knight of Hearts
Regular

#4 Post by Knight of Hearts »

The premise is intriguing! I'd probably give it a shot ..but question first XD. So technically if you can choose the gender of the protagonist does that mean you can romance men? The title only suggests [BxG, GxB], is that a mistake? or did you mean that if you're playing a woman then all your routes become male, and if you're playing a male all your romance options become women? That would determine if I would personally play it or not :) (bxb fan here)

Some additional comments/questions:

1. Do you plan on further coloring the hair of the characters or is that the final? just asking since the face looks more detailed then the hair at the moment.
2. I really like the logo of the game (and it's color choices), but I'm trying to understand why there's a bit space between the K and AIROS. Since you refer to the game as Kairos it's a bit of a discrepancy. Is there an apostrophe that's supposed to be there?
3. 300, 000 words...that is a lot of content! Commendable!

Cheers and good luck!
A Sci-fi Drama with Romance in Development (Yaoi, 18+) --- Join public DISCORD: https://discord.gg/yPDEZkN