Hello, visitor! Are you ready for your first year at Falls University, the most prestigious post secondary institution in town? Read on if you are!
(Hi! Please let me know if you'd like to repost any of these images - unauthorized distribution is not allowed. Thank you in advance! )
Love Hues follows you, the protagonist (default name Skyler, though you can change this as well as Skyler's pronouns), as you experience your first year at Falls University. Over the course of your studies you'll encounter several of your peers whom you'll be able to befriend or romance, each of whom harbor a secret; who will you interact with, and what kind of secrets about Falls and your peers will you discover?
You can romance any of the characters below regardless of your pronoun choice!
Why are you posting on this forum?
The primary reason that I'm posting here is because I'd love to receive feedback (I'll write down some concrete questions below), and the secondary reason is because I'd like to report on my progress regularly! I'm excited to make this a place for me to report on my game and I hope you'll be as excited as I am to watch me finish it. Please feel free to comment on this thread if there's anything you'd like to know about the game and I'll answer ASAP!
My questions for you.
Please note: Before you submit your feedback/thoughts/suggestions/advice, please be aware of the following: I cannot provide you any form of compensation for it, in the past, present or future, whether I take or don't take your advice. If I do act on your advice, the resulting changes in the game will remain as my intellectual property. Thank you for your understanding - all input is really and truly appreciated and I'll try to respond to it where I can!
- Based on the profiles above, who's your favorite character?
- The game will very likely end up being sold for some money to help fund my future endeavors in VN development/living costs. What could a fair price be?
- The game will end up having mature themes and some language, but nothing explicit. Will an 18+ rating work?
- What's your preferred platform to purchase VNs from?
- How much does a player character portrait matter to you?
- On that topic: do you prefer a main character who speaks (i.e. they're a character in the plot, themselves) or do you prefer to have more of a silent protagonist?
- Do you have any other questions/concerns/feedback? Feel free to let me know!
- More to come!
This version of Love Hues is 100% made by me (with the exception of some specific code) - the very first demo, which is no longer available, used CC materials. The sources for said CC materials can be found on the credits page on LH's site. http://love-hues.tumblr.com/.
As per 2017/09/23:
Ava's Route: Writing is underway and about 20% done; many CGs are still needed ( ? BGs, 8 CGs); final round of QA testing neededThe game contains 6,643 dialogue blocks, containing 68,039 words and 367,904
characters, for an average of 10.2 words and 55 characters per block.
The game contains 133 menus, 449 images, and 18 screens.
James' Route: Writing is done; a few CGs/BGs are still needed (1 BG, 3 CGSs); final round of QA testing needed
Devlin's Route: Almost done; ending needs to be finished; a few CGs/BGs are still needed (3 BGs, 4 CGs + a correction to one); final round of QA testing needed
Nova's Route: Mostly done; ending needs to be written; a few CGs/BGs are still needed (0 BGs, 4 CGs); final round of QA testing needed
Toby's Route: Mostly done; a few CGs/are still needed (0 BGs, 3 CGs); final round of QA testing needed
I might reduce the number of CGs in this list to speed up the game's development and see if I can fit the others in later. Alternatively I'll just condense the number in general.
DEMO PROGRESS: Currently I'm focusing on finishing the whole game rather than the demo; that being said, I do want to spend dedicated time on setting it up and releasing it come ~October if I can get everything around the release sorted out.
BG/CG/Sprite/GUI Artist: Dewdrop (Me)
Programming: Dewdrop (It would've been impossible for me to code many of LH's features without the help of the excellent Ren'Py specialists across the web and I'll try my best to credit their code as need be! I'm still trying to find the best way to do so.)
(c) Love Hues game. Please do not repost any of my images - this is not allowed. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Fixed some formatting issues with the screenshots.
- Added a portrait and a description for the player character.
- Added important 'read-before-posting' information under the 'questions' header.
- The simple summary of it is that I cannot provide any form of compensation for your feedback and that my resulting changes to Love Hues will remain as my intellectual property. Thank you for your understanding!