The Witch in the Forest [GxG][Yuri Jam][Slice of Life / Kemonomimi / Fantasy][RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mikomi
Veteran

The Witch in the Forest [GxG][Yuri Jam][Slice of Life / Kemonomimi / Fantasy][RELEASED]

#1 Post by Mikomi »

The Witch in the Forest is about a young woman who lives in the forest and is mystified by all things magical and natural. One day, however, she meets another young woman living deep in the forest- a real witch!

๐ŸŽƒ Characters ๐ŸŽƒ

Fidelia

Fidelia has lived in the forest for all of her life, as she lived there with her parents and grandparents. She's 20 years old and has her own garden where she grows vegetables and herbs. She likes taking walks through the forest and reading fantasy books.

Jastiline

Jastiline lives in a cottage in the forest towards a section Fidelia never realized she'd never seen before until she takes another route one day. Jastiline is 21 years old and teaches young kids from the city nearby about home skills. Her real passion is flower arranging and she has her own flower garden. She also loves to read fantasy books.

Children

Jastiline's young students. They're small, bright, and wary of strangers, especially those who live in the forest and try following them. Not the best approach, Fidelia...

Old concept art

๐ŸŽƒ Setting & Plot ๐ŸŽƒ

The Witch in the Forest (TWITF) is centered around Fidelia, a somewhat introverted and socially awkward girl who stumbles upon Jastiline's house one day and befriends her. It's a short, NVL-style kinetic novel about their lives as they prepare for their favorite holiday, Halloween! It's set in a some-what modern time, but with a more fantasy take on it- there are cities but things such as cellphones, Internet, etc. don't exist. So, think more along the lines of 30+ years ago. The novel is about one hour long.

So, backstory time! This originally started off as a webcomic waaay back in 2014. I never finished it, but always wanted to adapt it to a visual novel. And now, that's just what I'm doing! I was originally going to go with my normal art style for this, but after a style test my friends convinced me to do a more moe art style. Have to say, I really like it!

๐ŸŽƒ Credits ๐ŸŽƒ

Character Art, Writing, Programming - Me, Mikomi Kisomi
Backgrounds - various photos from Unsplash
Music - Alyx

This is made for Yuri Jam 2017.
Last edited by Mikomi on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Witch in the Forest [GxG][Yuri Jam][Slice of Life / Kemonomimi / Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This looks cute! I love Jastiline's hair. And I like the idea that they'll bond over gardening and fantasy novels. ^_^

Mikomi
Veteran

Re: The Witch in the Forest [GxG][Yuri Jam][Slice of Life / Kemonomimi / Fantasy]

#3 Post by Mikomi »

Zelan wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:56 pm This looks cute! I love Jastiline's hair. And I like the idea that they'll bond over gardening and fantasy novels. ^_^
Thank you very much! :D

Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

#4 Post by Amy_oai »

I'm really excited to see more of this and play it <3 I really love the fantasy take on a modern world too! Are there more species around or does most everyone have fluffy ears and tails?
Image Image Image Image

Mikomi
Veteran

#5 Post by Mikomi »

Amy_oai wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:11 pm I'm really excited to see more of this and play it <3 I really love the fantasy take on a modern world too! Are there more species around or does most everyone have fluffy ears and tails?
Thank you very much! Modern fantasy is my favorite genre, though this one isn't as modern as I usually do, but I digress. Yes, all the characters are fennec fox kemonomimis. I thought about making other kemonomimi types but I decided to keep it simple.

Mikomi
Veteran

#6 Post by Mikomi »

The side characters are now finished! Here are two of Jastiline's students.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7 Post by Zelan »

The students are adorable. And I need a Jastiline! I have no home skills. <:

Mikomi
Veteran

#8 Post by Mikomi »

The writing for the script is now complete! Artwork and programming will be finished this week, so this should be released sometime later this week!

sorabokki
Regular
Projects: Love Net

#9 Post by sorabokki »

Your artwork is absolutely adorable!! I loved seeing the old concept artwork and what you've finalized to the current designs. ^^

Looking forward to your progress!

Mikomi
Veteran

#10 Post by Mikomi »

woobv wrote: โ†‘Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:08 am Your artwork is absolutely adorable!! I loved seeing the old concept artwork and what you've finalized to the current designs. ^^

Looking forward to your progress!
Thank you so much!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’•

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#11 Post by Ertal77 »

Hahaha, this story looks so cute! The main characters' designs are adorable, and I love that you have included children (since it's a Halloween story, it fits really well!).
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#12 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

It's looking nice Mikomi. :)
Also, I'm just finding out about Unsplash here and now from you. That's a really cool thing!
ImageImageImageImage

Mikomi
Veteran

Re: The Witch in the Forest [GxG][Yuri Jam][Slice of Life / Kemonomimi / Fantasy][RELEASED]

#13 Post by Mikomi »

Thank you all for the warm comments of support! The full VN is out now on Itch.io for free!

Download it here!

Mikomi
Veteran

Re: The Witch in the Forest [GxG][Yuri Jam][Slice of Life / Kemonomimi / Fantasy][RELEASED]

#14 Post by Mikomi »

Update 11/24:

The art book has been released! For $1, you can see the concept art, work in progress drawings, details on how it was made, and how I adapted The Witch in the Forest from a webcomic into a visual novel!

Get it right here!

Mikomi
Veteran

#15 Post by Mikomi »

The last and biggest update for The Witch in the Forest is available!

The newest update includes many things from new sprite poses, new backgrounds, a new date, and even the option to play in NVL or ADV!

Thank you to everyone who's played any version- thank you for all the support!