That Night [GxG][Horror => RomCom]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Amy_oai
Regular
Tumblr: obsessionaboutillusions

That Night [GxG][Horror => RomCom]

#1 Post by Amy_oai »

After a night of drunken fun, Myth is ready to get to know the girl she took home, only to find her bed empty when she returns.
Still, she feels like she starts seeing her everywhere she goes, not knowing that the girl she picked up the night before was, in fact, a ghoul.
Oblivious, she starts trying to seek out the creature that haunts her.

Features:
Free/PWYW
Romance the ghoul of your dreams -- or die trying

• • •

Credits
Story: Amy Smith
Sprite Artist: Beedrops

• • •

If you have some time, I'd love to hear what you think of this little project ♥

• • •
Last edited by Amy_oai on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

PMscenarios
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo
Projects: In Blood, Xenopathy
Tumblr: pmscenarios
itch: pmscenarios

Re: That Night [GxG][YuriJam][Horror => RomCom]

#2 Post by PMscenarios »

Aaw, this sound adorable, and I really like the design of the characters!

Very inventive twist on things :)
ImageImageImage

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#3 Post by parttimestorier »

Sounds interesting! Would you say it's more horror than romcom, or the other way around? And does Killer always have totally white eyes and that creepy expression on her face, or is she capable of looking more human as well?
ImageImageImage

TellerFarsight
Veteran
Projects: Vora, Secrets Untold

#4 Post by TellerFarsight »

This a really clever idea and I'd love to see how it turns out. Also, big fan of the sprite art.
Current Project: Vora
Also Check Out: Devil Survivor [Reverse-Engineered]

GlitziBabyGirl
Tumblr: EliNMaru
Deviantart: EliNMaru

#5 Post by GlitziBabyGirl »

I agree with everything everyone has said so far. This does sound adorable and the sprites do look great! Totally looking forward to it! :)

Amy_oai
Regular

#6 Post by Amy_oai »

Thanks for the nice words so far everyone!
parttimestorier wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:31 pm Sounds interesting! Would you say it's more horror than romcom, or the other way around? And does Killer always have totally white eyes and that creepy expression on her face, or is she capable of looking more human as well?
It's a romcom with (mostly psychological) horror elements throughout, though the bad ends are definitely horror.
Killer has more expressions than just that one, and there's a few suprises on what she can do, what with her being a ghoul and all, but thats for everyone to find out later ;)
Image Image Image Image

pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

#7 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Do you have any idea how long it will roughly be?
Also noticed that the clover appears in the logo and on myth. Is it important to the story in any way?

HimeNaya
Regular
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
itch: himenaya

#8 Post by HimeNaya »

I'm totally in love with the art <3

Amy_oai
Regular

#9 Post by Amy_oai »

pigionsdeliver wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:07 am Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Do you have any idea how long it will roughly be?
Also noticed that the clover appears in the logo and on myth. Is it important to the story in any way?
Not sure yet how long it will be, no. Hopefully a satisfactory length? =')
Eyyyyyyyyy and you noticed! It's a bit of a visual pun, since the MC's Irish, but her luck's 'rotten' because she wants to date a ghoul.
Image Image Image Image

pigionsdeliver
Regular

#10 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Amy_oai wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:24 pm Not sure yet how long it will be, no. Hopefully a satisfactory length? =')
Eyyyyyyyyy and you noticed! It's a bit of a visual pun, since the MC's Irish, but her luck's 'rotten' because she wants to date a ghoul.
Ahh! That's super fun!
Then is the bee pin on Trish a visual pun too? =] BTW her prophetic hand is really cute and colorful I like how it's a feature of her design and not "hidden". Do you know her attitude to her arm, like does she make jokes about it or is she sensitive about it or does it not really affect her?

Amy_oai
Regular

#11 Post by Amy_oai »

pigionsdeliver wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:04 pm Ahh! That's super fun!
Then is the bee pin on Trish a visual pun too? =] BTW her prophetic hand is really cute and colorful I like how it's a feature of her design and not "hidden". Do you know her attitude to her arm, like does she make jokes about it or is she sensitive about it or does it not really affect her?
The bee originally was just a bee. Looking into the symbolism of bees tho, it does fit some bits of her part in the story, so happy coincidence? :D
And she's totally cool with her hand, makes jokes about it to strangers and friends alike, and even has monthly themes for it!
The one you see up there is the June theme; which is a beach with palmtrees (it needs a little imagination, I know xD). You'll see the July theme appear in the VN too!
Image Image Image Image

pigionsdeliver
Regular

#12 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Amy_oai wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm The bee originally was just a bee. Looking into the symbolism of bees tho, it does fit some bits of her part in the story, so happy coincidence? :D
And she's totally cool with her hand, makes jokes about it to strangers and friends alike, and even has monthly themes for it!
The one you see up there is the June theme; which is a beach with palmtrees (it needs a little imagination, I know xD). You'll see the July theme appear in the VN too!
It's a palm tree :shock: My googly gonads, that's cuter than I imagined. Can't wait to see what July's is!
I like her even more now. I bet she's the type to pay her rent on time and everything. -nods- defo a good bean.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#13 Post by Zelan »

Can we romance Trish instead? <:

Seriously, this game looks like it'll be fantastic, I'm excited to see it! I'm not usually a fan of horror but I think the genre combo and overall idea will make this a fun game. ^_^

Amy_oai
Regular

#14 Post by Amy_oai »

Zelan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:16 pm Can we romance Trish instead? <:

Seriously, this game looks like it'll be fantastic, I'm excited to see it! I'm not usually a fan of horror but I think the genre combo and overall idea will make this a fun game. ^_^
Alas, Trish is non-romanceable. I'd have loved to tho, but feature creep is real and there's really not enough time in the jam. Hope you'll still want to play it even if Killer is the only romanceable tho xD
Image Image Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#15 Post by Zelan »

Awww, that's a shame. I'll still play it, though, it's got such a great concept. ^_^