Passion High [School-Life/Romance/Slice of Life] [+13] [DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DiamondDust132
Organization: Team Requiem
itch: team-requiem

Passion High [School-Life/Romance/Slice of Life] [+13] [DEMO]

#1 Post by DiamondDust132 »

PASSION HIGH

STORY
Passion High is the story of Teru Ikuta, a down on his luck writer in his second year at Hiteozakura High. During his exploits in school, he runs into a variety of characters, including his brother Sora, best friend Makoto and crush Fumi Kitase. Guide Teru through love, life and the trials of being a high school student. You'll run into many surprises and meet an abundance of interesting (and sometimes peculiar) people.

Passion High is a FREE visual novel built using the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine. It has paths, choices and multiple girls to romance. It's currently available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
ITCH.IO PAGE AND DOWNLOAD HERE
https://diamonddust132.itch.io/passion-high

How's it going everyone? My name is DiamondDust132. I am a long time writer, long time visual novel, but making them is new territory for me. This is my first ever visual novel, so I'd greatly appreciate any feedback and/or constructive criticism.

As of now, the game still isn't complete. None of the routes are finished yet, but I think the game so far is a good start in terms of getting my feet wet and giving the player a good idea of what's in store in later releases. Passion High uses a lot of third-party assets like sprites and background (full list of these is in the ReadMe included in the download). I consider them placeholders for now. In the future, I hope to have original sprites and backgrounds. I do have an artist in mind if I can convince her...
Attachments
screenshot0006.png
screenshot0005.png
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0001.png

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Passion High [School-Life/Romance/Slice of Life] [+13] [DEMO]

#2 Post by philip »

@DiamondDust132-

Just finished going through the demo on my mac . . . very nicely done . . . artwork of backgrounds and sprites is attractive, even if some of them are third-party assets. . . . and the story is well thought out. I found the characters to be interesting (although I'd be tempted to stuff Speedy in a trash can)

Will look forward to the completion and release. I encourage others who come across this on the Forum to give it a try!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"