LINGERING [Released on Itch.io, BL, GL, Straight, Mystery, Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

LINGERING [Released on Itch.io, BL, GL, Straight, Mystery, Drama]

#1 Post by Xerofit51 »

We're now on Steam (please login to view page as it is age-locked)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1343220/LINGERING/

The Heart Breachers is an organization committed to keep humankind safe from the harmful manifestations of their own emotions. Contained within every burst of feelings is an Ignite, the purest form of energy. Negative feelings bear Lingerings, and positive feelings produce Astrays. Astrays are typically tame, but Lingerings could wreak havoc in the real life while driving its host to madness. These projected forms pale in comparison to the Ignites, which might have to be dealt with directly in extreme cases. Often unruly and violent, killing an Ignite means killing its host’s ability to feel emotions permanently…

DEMO HERE(Windows and Linux) : http://bit.ly/2FZRNGz
DEMO HERE(MAC) : http://bit.ly/2FZRNGz

CHARACTERS
Experience the story through multiple set of eyes. Relive your choices from different points of view. Each of the Heart Breachers have their own motivations, goals, and sorrows to overcome and cope with.
lockg.jpg
keyesg.jpg
goldieg.jpg
Foxg.jpg
dollg.jpg
angelg.jpg
Others (Soon)
GAMEPLAY

Pixel hearts. Flashy splashes.
Enjoy fast-paced actions delivered through atmospheric retro-style sprites and graphic novel animations. The world of Lingering is gritty and hard boiled down to the last pixel. Exercise your reflexes through QTE (or not) and see how your actions affect the plot. Maybe things will unveil a little bit differently than you last remember…

Bridge encounter2.png
lock2.jpg

A little something for everyone.
In this story of love and redemption, there is a place for everyone. There are couples from different walks of life, different sexual preferences, and different outlooks in relationships. ‘Lingering’ is first and foremost a visual novel, not strictly a dating sim, but we do realize that romance too is a powerful feeling worth celebrating.
lock bantu2.jpg
a.jpg

DEMO HERE(Windows and Linux) : http://bit.ly/2FZRNGz
DEMO HERE(MAC) : http://bit.ly/2FinYnP

Any comments, advice or criticism is welcomed. Thank you.

[center]WE'RE LIVE ON KICKSTARTER!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48 ... reator_nav

poster2.jpg
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Xerofit51
Veteran

Re: LINGERING [BXB, GXB][FANTASY, MYSTERY]

#2 Post by Xerofit51 »

Some interface designs and sneak peek (background is still a placeholder) bg is by kirokaze btw if anyone is wondering
Attachments
pause.jpg
testing.jpg
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: LINGERING [BXB, GXB, GXG][FANTASY, MYSTERY]

#3 Post by Zelan »

I like the speech bubbles. It's a cool departure from the usual textbox.

Mikomi
Veteran

#4 Post by Mikomi »

Wow, this seems very plot and lore heavy, and I like it. I love all the attention to details in the world, even if it is a bit much at once. (also, tiny little thing that would probably go by unnoticed by most, but I really love it when military-esque squads have an official name and a slogan of sorts- it really brings a bit of life to them!) The art style is really interesting too, I'm looking forward to this!

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#5 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

There are some grammatical errors in the description, but it sounds really cool and I love the artwork!
Good luck with this project! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Slyblue

#6 Post by Slyblue »

Hey! I've been following you guys since the early stages of Freak-quency's development. Super excited for this new project!

I noticed the background in the second sneak preview seemed familiar, for some reason...Are you guys working with Kirokaze pixel, by any chance? 'Cause that would be awesome, but I didn't see their name anywhere.

In any case, I wish you guys the very best (: Stay awesome!

MilanaWalters
Regular

#7 Post by MilanaWalters »

unfortunately you previous game doesnt have same sex romances for some reason , so i cant help. this game sounds and looks interesting though

Xerofit51
Veteran

#8 Post by Xerofit51 »

@skyblue yes we're hoping to work with him if we have enough funds (we've spoken before). Our deal it's still in the works (due to financial reasons) but for now we use his bg as placeholders, if the deal is off then we won't use his bg at all. Hopefully we do have the funds to recruit him later :D

And he;s willing to do a lot of bgs

Helios

#9 Post by Helios »

MilanaWalters wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:10 pm unfortunately you previous game doesnt have same sex romances for some reason , so i cant help. this game sounds and looks interesting though
Amplitude does have same-sex romance options. In fact, I romanced Eric as Jon in my first playthrough. :>

Xerofit51
Veteran

#10 Post by Xerofit51 »

Hmm unfortunately we didn't get kirokaze since our required BG size turned out to be too large for his preference, we're still allowed to use his bg as a placeholder for now. Gonna find someone with a similar bg hopefully :')

Slyblue

#11 Post by Slyblue »

Xerofit51 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:35 pm Hmm unfortunately we didn't get kirokaze since our required BG size turned out to be too large for his preference, we're still allowed to use his bg as a placeholder for now. Gonna find someone with a similar bg hopefully :')
Aww man, that's a shame! Still, I can see the aesthetic you guys are going for, and I love it. Reminds me a bit of VA-11 HALL-A and The World Ends With You, and I adore those two games. Fingers crossed for the next bg artist!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#12 Post by Xerofit51 »

Some Questions though:

1. Is there too much information on the page, should I tone it down a little?
2. Would you like for it to be a disable/enabled button for either sexual orientation. Example, you can disable the homosexuality OR the heterosexuality OR both?
3. What you think about the somewhat pixelate background and cell shade sprites combo we're going for?
4. We plan to put some tips in game regarding how to manage depression, or other infos on mental illness, tips and infos will be handled like Atlus's Catherine's drinking trivia (pops out on the screen after doing some things). Is this okay, or too much? One of the creator herself is a BPD and was struggling with depression at some point, we thought it might be educative, but what do you think?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#13 Post by Xerofit51 »

Another sprite
Attachments
doll.png
kuppu1.png
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ExKitty

#14 Post by ExKitty »

First, I would like to say, I loved Freak-Quency and Amplitude so I'm super excited for this new project.
I truly hope you guys get all the support you need because this looks fantastic and I'm loving the idea so far. :mrgreen:
I'm really liking the generally art style and the sprites look so good!
LOVE the speech bubble style.

1. Is there too much information on the page, should I tone it down a little?
- I personally like all the details and information. It gives me a better general idea of what to expect. Also helps me decide if I would be interested, but I can understand it being an issue for other people. Maybe toning it down a bit or make it more appealing instead of chunks of texts?
But it's fine to me! :mrgreen:

2. Would you like for it to be a disable/enabled button for either sexual orientation. Example, you can disable the homosexuality OR the heterosexuality OR both?
- This wouldn't be an issue for me either way. :lol: Just being able to have the option to turn it on or off is a perk in my opinion :)
But I don't think it's necessary.

3. What you think about the somewhat pixelate background and cell shade sprites combo we're going for?
- I like it. It's different. Makes the sprites pop in my opinion.

4. We plan to put some tips in game regarding how to manage depression, or other infos on mental illness, tips and infos will be handled like Atlus's Catherine's drinking trivia (pops out on the screen after doing some things). Is this okay, or too much? One of the creator herself is a BPD and was struggling with depression at some point, we thought it might be educative, but what do you think?
- Wow. Wow.. I think this is a fantastic idea. Strongly disagree with it being too much.
I, myself, suffer from depression and would enjoy and appreciate this a lot.
For you guys to even consider putting it into the game, makes me appreciate the developers even more. Definitely looking forward to it.♥

Xerofit51
Veteran

#15 Post by Xerofit51 »

Background by Ceylon member Charrizal.
practice bg2.jpg
Character Intro

Doll
doll.jpg
Black's Summoner Goldie's personal pain in the ass and Angel's 'obsessive' stalker. Summoners have the ability to transport items from the real world to the host’s world. They also have the ability to open an emergency escape portal from one’s dungeon. This act however will need a lot of psychic energy, often knocking out the Summoner entirely, commissioning her out of duty.