LINGERING [Released on Itch.io, BL, GL, Straight, Mystery, Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: LINGERING [FANTASY, MYSTERY, ROMANCE]

#31 Post by Xerofit51 »

Keyes hair is killing me softly
Attachments
Tengah tonjokan.jpg
manyun.png

LostSeraph

#32 Post by LostSeraph »

UPDATE: SERIOUS QUESTION!
Is it alright to have both GXG and BXB in a game? In real life that's normal, but in gaming I know one of the tags can be a bother for some players. Maybe a male player won't be so comfortable if the character he's playing isn't straight, or vice versa. I imagine some characters gay/lesbian and some not, most sexual preference actually caused a more sensible story line. I was going to add a disable option for either BxB or GxG but it does add more work and perhaps a weaker story in some cases. Should I have a disable option for the homosexual relationships or not? Thank you!

I would love for the game to have GxG and BxB in it. It would be a pity to weaken or shorten the story or character(development) due to some people's issues with it. On the other hand I don't see a problem with adding a disable button, as long as the GxG and BxB content will still be readable for anyone who likes to. It would only be a problem if a disable funktion would require a lot more time and money, because it is enough work to make such a good game without additional workload...

And I think it should be the developers decision if a character is straight, bi or homosexual anyway. On the gaming market are enough games with straight realtionships only. So I would assume same-sex ralationships might scare some people off, but I guess most people either don't mind it or even like it. For me it's always a strong reason to buy games with one or more same-sex ralationships in it

Xerofit51
Veteran

#33 Post by Xerofit51 »

BG Stuff
Attachments
Bridge encounter2.png
BG city.jpg
Balcony.jpg

Xerofit51
Veteran

#34 Post by Xerofit51 »

Monster for Lingering
Attachments
01.png

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#35 Post by sonnenblumen »

Wow, the monster design looks fantastic!

Regarding the relationships, I personally don’t mind. I enjoy reading about all different kinds of pairings, regardless of gender. Unfortunately, I also know that everyone doesn’t feel the same way. ;; I think that you shouldn’t have to disable it, particularly if it’s a major part of the story and influences the characters or their character development. Also, it hardly feels fair (in the case that you do) if only same-sex options were to be disabled: the player should be able to decide themselves, based on their preferences, if they want to see all romances or only a specific one or few specific ones. Then again, I do realize that this complicates things even further.

However, in the case that all are kept, maybe give an option to disable more intimate scenes or such (which instead are only hinted at or something of the sorts)?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#36 Post by Xerofit51 »

sonnenblumen wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:31 am Wow, the monster design looks fantastic!

Regarding the relationships, I personally don’t mind. I enjoy reading about all different kinds of pairings, regardless of gender. Unfortunately, I also know that everyone doesn’t feel the same way. ;; I think that you shouldn’t have to disable it, particularly if it’s a major part of the story and influences the characters or their character development. Also, it hardly feels fair (in the case that you do) if only same-sex options were to be disabled: the player should be able to decide themselves, based on their preferences, if they want to see all romances or only a specific one or few specific ones. Then again, I do realize that this complicates things even further.

However, in the case that all are kept, maybe give an option to disable more intimate scenes or such (which instead are only hinted at or something of the sorts)?
Thanks for your input. In the end I decided not to fully disable the homo/hetero relationships because they have a major impact in the story, but I will have a disable/skip option for the overly intimate scenes/ intercourse that may be disturbing for some.

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#37 Post by sonnenblumen »

Xerofit51 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:38 am Thanks for your input. In the end I decided not to fully disable the homo/hetero relationships because they have a major impact in the story, but I will have a disable/skip option for the overly intimate scenes/ intercourse that may be disturbing for some.
Sounds like a good/safe choice that should (hopefully) please most! :') Good luck with the project, I'm looking forward to it a lot!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#38 Post by Xerofit51 »

The day I first discovered shoujo effects
Attachments
pelukan.jpg

MissusSora

#39 Post by MissusSora »

I am loving everything about this right now!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#40 Post by Xerofit51 »

trees, trees will cover up all the flaws
To be honest, I'm taking a big risk with this game... I'm not confident I can get what I want to state across, as the story is complex, and a bit dark and edgy but still have romantic fluff and the romance itself develops the character, so no otome style but more like each pair is more focused on their relationship. It's not something I'm sure has a market for, but I'll try my best
Attachments
4_bug.jpg

Xerofit51
Veteran

#41 Post by Xerofit51 »

Character card sample
Attachments
THEEMPEROR_charIV.png

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#42 Post by CeeCeeVA »

Love it!
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

iarly
Tumblr: fanfic_iarly
Deviantart: iarly
itch: iarly

#43 Post by iarly »

Do you know what we need? A romance chart, lol. This game has me a little confused... in the best way, I assure you! I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

Xerofit51
Veteran

#44 Post by Xerofit51 »

BW --> Colored

Kinda embarrassing as this is my first time making these kind of things haha
iarly wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 am Do you know what we need? A romance chart, lol. This game has me a little confused... in the best way, I assure you! I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!
I actually did make a relationship chart. I'll probably post it later haha. I do apologize for not being able to explain the game better in English. I hope it's get clearer in the demo which I plan to upload in mid March or April
Attachments
sex_goldie2.jpg
sex_goldie.jpg

iarly
Tumblr: fanfic_iarly
Deviantart: iarly
itch: iarly

#45 Post by iarly »

Xerofit51 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:06 pm I actually did make a relationship chart. I'll probably post it later haha. I do apologize for not being able to explain the game better in English. I hope it's get clearer in the demo which I plan to upload in mid March or April
Don't apologize! Like I said, is the best kind of confusing, the one that intrigues me 8) . And please, don't be embarrassed, your work is beautiful. Looking forward to the demo!