✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance (HIATUS)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
sorabokki
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Projects: Love Net
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#31 Post by sorabokki » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:17 pm

zankizuna wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 am
My Thread doesn't have much but here it is, SOFTWAR
Congratulations on writing the ENTIRE SCRIPT You guys are amazing!
I think I'll go with Programmer on this one Logo number 5 <3 best bet!
Going to check out your thread!! How exciting~ > v <
And THANK YOUU!! Although, when I say "ENTIRE SCRIPT" I mean the entire script for the demo XD.. ahaha... which is only... 1 route (out of 5 routes) for Arc 1 (out of 4 arcs). LOL!! Yikes. But it is still something! T u T;;

And thank you so much for your vote! It's definitely helpful (at this point, it's really neck in neck hehe)

xxmissarichanxx wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:13 pm
You make progress quickly! It's amazing! Congrats on finishing the script! I'm looking forward to playing the demo~ :DD

The GUI looks really nice too, and as far as the character concepts, all gorgeous~ C; I can't wait to hear their voices as well~

As for the .exe icon, I think I prefer #4. It fits the aesthetic. C: Although, I must say that #5 is unique as far as icons go. Just a thought.
WAHHH! Thank you so much!! It's so encouraging to hear~ haha. We're trying to finish our demo to submit to a game contest on November 5th, so the programmer and I are trying to work as much as possible. :3
I really appreciate all the comments, too! Hearing such kind words really *really* helps keep me motivated! O v O ehehe

And thanks for the input! >:D We still have time to finalize the .exe, so the feedback is very helpful!



===================================================

.
Update: GUI 100% Finished!! (Sorta...)

I had to take out 1 feature for the demo (the "Love Net" book, which would show the romance progress with your character + profile info), just because I was having a super hard time trying to design it... I scrapped like 5 different designs because they weren't coming out very nicely! So... we're leaving it out for now.
I might try to tackle it at the very end if there is extra time though~ ^ ^


GUI for the Timed Text Mini-Game

Image


GUI for Settings

Image
Image

User avatar
sorabokki
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Projects: Love Net
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#32 Post by sorabokki » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Started on the sprites *FINALLY!*
^ w ^

Whoooo! About time~ lol
WIP Shots


Step 1. Lineart + Base Colors

Image


Step 2. Decide on coloring style

Image

*We went with the 3rd style because it was a good balance between polished, but also saves me some time LOL (our deadline is coming up! Yikes >.<;;;;)
When we end up launching a kickstarter, we might add "re-coloring" the sprites as a stretch goal. :3



Step 3. Final Image

Image
Image

User avatar
sorabokki
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Projects: Love Net
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#33 Post by sorabokki » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Hiii everyone! Sorry I have been slow on updates. It's really getting to crunch time so I've been really dead. T ~ T;;

Here is a doodle of how I felt last night:

Image



On ANOTHER note...!

I have finally finished lining all the characters (minus the MC) and have put down the base colors. All that's left for the character is to color them all! I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow evening before I go to bed. > w <

Image



And finally, we have recruited a wonderful video editor, WhiteCharsima (viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40065) he is so wonderful! Even with a tight deadline of less than 1 week, he has accepted to create a short simple trailer for us. A sneak peek of what he's working on:

Image



I hope you guys are enjoying the updates! ^ ^
Image

User avatar
sorabokki
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Projects: Love Net
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#34 Post by sorabokki » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:51 pm

.
FINAL UPDATE!
(Before the demo comes out...)
Probably...

Previews of Sprites!:

ImageImage
ImageImage


Chrome Re-Design:

Image

.


As you can tell, I went through some character design updates on a couple characters! I know, with the deadline coming so close, probably not a smart idea.. but....I just had to do it. T ~ T;; Still have to color 2 more characters after Chrome... and draw 1 more... sigh, kill meeee -- AHAHA. (Just gotta keep telling myself it'll be over soon)

Hope you guys are excited for the demo coming soon! :D
Image

User avatar
xxmissarichanxx
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 am
Completed: Froot Basket Valentine, Devious
Projects: After-Party Chemistry, The Salaryman
Tumblr: xxmissarichanxx
Deviantart: xxmissarichanxx
itch: xxmissarichanxx
Location: US
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#35 Post by xxmissarichanxx » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 pm

Yes! Everything is looking so beautiful~ I'm getting so excited!! When I finish my exams in the next few weeks, the demo will be my treat ahahaha Cx You're doing a great job, and all your hard work will pay off C:

User avatar
zankizuna
Veteran
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 2:20 am
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna
Location: Manilaaaaaaaa
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#36 Post by zankizuna » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 am

So. Much. Handsome.

Pick_One
Regular
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:32 pm
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#37 Post by Pick_One » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:15 am

Whelp, RL happened and there was an emergency plus got kinda sick. But yay for all these updates. If still deciding and have time, I like number 2 for the .exe icon but I think like a mash up of 4 and 5 would be good plus fitting for the game. Only real concern would be that it could get messy or overdone. Guess it could be somewhat a bit like the one in your signature.

GUI looks nice. ^^ The GUI for the settings is cool and fitting for the game.

Colored sprites look pretty good and the previews make it appear like it's fun/lighthearted (despite the mainly unhappy faces ^^; ) and again, it's fitting. lol. A trailer sounds pretty exciting. Amusingly, Chrome already did appear cool, now his redesign is like... dramatic cool. lol! The coolest/suave guy by miles here.

Yay demo!

User avatar
sorabokki
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Projects: Love Net
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#38 Post by sorabokki » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:00 am

xxmissarichanxx wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 pm
Yes! Everything is looking so beautiful~ I'm getting so excited!! When I finish my exams in the next few weeks, the demo will be my treat ahahaha Cx You're doing a great job, and all your hard work will pay off C:
Wahhhhh!! Thank youuu so much! UGHHH, I can't believe you would consider the demo a treat!! AHAHA, that's so flattering. > w < And I appreciate the encouragement TONS!! <3

zankizuna wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:43 am
So. Much. Handsome.
LOLOL AHAH-- i hope you enjoy seeing them in game. :9 eheh


Pick_One wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:15 am
Whelp, RL happened and there was an emergency plus got kinda sick. But yay for all these updates. If still deciding and have time, I like number 2 for the .exe icon but I think like a mash up of 4 and 5 would be good plus fitting for the game. Only real concern would be that it could get messy or overdone. Guess it could be somewhat a bit like the one in your signature.

GUI looks nice. ^^ The GUI for the settings is cool and fitting for the game.

Colored sprites look pretty good and the previews make it appear like it's fun/lighthearted (despite the mainly unhappy faces ^^; ) and again, it's fitting. lol. A trailer sounds pretty exciting. Amusingly, Chrome already did appear cool, now his redesign is like... dramatic cool. lol! The coolest/suave guy by miles here.

Yay demo!
OH NO!! I'm really sorry to hear that!! > ~ < I hope you were able to rest a lot and get better!
(Mainly unhappy faces) -- BWAHAHA, I love making sad faces for some reason XD~

D'awww, you have no idea how much the comment about chrome's re-design assures me!! I was really fretting over how to portray the new chrome, so this is a really relieving comment to read! Thank you!!


================================

Unfortunately, I have some bad news about the demo. *CRIES SO HARD* It really makes me sick to my stomach to have to announce this, but it is inevitable...
(I will making a 2nd post to make the update separate from the replies)

Image
Image

User avatar
sorabokki
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Projects: Love Net
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#39 Post by sorabokki » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:13 am

Image


Unfortunately, due to some issues with programming, the demo will be delayed until the end of the year. I'm so, so, sorry to everyone who was expecting to play it tomorrow. I was SO stoked to release it for everyone's enjoyment. You have no idea, I could barely sleep earlier this week because I had finished most of the art assets needed to get the game ready.

(The image above is also one of the CG's you would have seen in the game!)

Overall Problem: There were a lot of hiccups and hurdles in terms of programming and nothing was ever finished. More than half the script was left out (none of the 7 unique endings made it...), and no UI was implemented. There wasn't even a mini-game unfortunately. It was very disheartening.

The Solution: I will be starting the code over from scratch using Ren'Py and will be doing it myself!

PROS:
  • I will know just how much is getting done in realtime
  • I will have realistic goals & milestones set for myself
  • 95% of this game will be made by me! Whoo!
  • I will have more time to add more customization and things I couldn't get done in time for this demo
CONS:
  • I have to start from square 1
  • The demo will be delayed because it will add more burden on me
  • My coding ability isn't the best, so I may be slow to start...

I'm - again - so sorry to the people who were looking forward to this game! I really did try my best to get it out. I hope everyone can forgive me for my lack of delivery! T __ T;;


==================================


On another note...... until the demo is released, I am hoping to do an Art Contest! To keep myself motivated :)

I mentioned before that I was feeling down. I think it will take a bit of motivation for me to keep going after this setback, so I'm thinking that seeing people's fan art will keep me alive for the next 2 months as I try to buckle down and get it done! (Seeing your babies drawn by other people is the biggest motivator for anyone!)

You can read more details here if interested: http://www.lovenet.moe/



Thank you everyone who has been with me during this journey! It has been a ROLLER COASTER of emotions for me, mostly me crying because of how sweet, amazing and supportive people have been. Like, I don't even know how to describe the warmth and blessings of this community. Thank you so much!!
Image

User avatar
xxmissarichanxx
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 am
Completed: Froot Basket Valentine, Devious
Projects: After-Party Chemistry, The Salaryman
Tumblr: xxmissarichanxx
Deviantart: xxmissarichanxx
itch: xxmissarichanxx
Location: US
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#40 Post by xxmissarichanxx » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:37 am

Hello again~

No worries about it all! It's understandable that making a game will take some time, even if you have a team of people to help. You've been working so hard the past month and you've made a lot of progress for a two-person(?) team. Plus, I know how difficult it is to make art assets. It takes me a while to make one sprite, and you've made like 6 or more! Programming is totally another story and it'll be a challenge to get things working the way you want, >___> , but don't worry about it! Take all the time you need! C:
Another 2 months or more waiting is no problem for me if it means you'll be proud of the work you've accomplished and ready to share it with the world!

Also, take the time to relax a bit. There's no shame in taking some time for yourself when you most need it.

Anyways, I wish you the best! Good luck with everything! Cx I'll continue to follow your progress and support you~

User avatar
sorabokki
Regular
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Projects: Love Net
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#41 Post by sorabokki » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:42 am

xxmissarichanxx wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:37 am
No worries about it all! It's understandable that making a game will take some time, even if you have a team of people to help. You've been working so hard the past month and you've made a lot of progress for a two-person(?) team. Plus, I know how difficult it is to make art assets. It takes me a while to make one sprite, and you've made like 6 or more! Programming is totally another story and it'll be a challenge to get things working the way you want, >___> , but don't worry about it! Take all the time you need! C:
Another 2 months or more waiting is no problem for me if it means you'll be proud of the work you've accomplished and ready to share it with the world!

Also, take the time to relax a bit. There's no shame in taking some time for yourself when you most need it.

Anyways, I wish you the best! Good luck with everything! Cx I'll continue to follow your progress and support you~
UGH. MY HEART--------- I seriously don't know how to form the words to say I really appreciate everything you've said here! It's so heartwarming and makes me really want to bawl my eyes out. Thank you, really!! I appreciate you taking the time to comment and encourage me during this time! > ~ < ;;; HNNNG AHHH thank you. Reading thoughtful responses like these really help motivate me during the dark days BAHAHA///

THANK YOU AGAIN! <3 <3

JUST FOR YOU

Image
Image

ProgrammerGuy
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#42 Post by ProgrammerGuy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Hey guys, I was the programmer on this project. I just wanted to drop in and also give my thanks for all the support that was given towards this.

Though the game wasn't finished or submitted to the contest I still want to share a bit of what we did manage to get finished before the deadline, so here's some in-game ss(Too bad I can't take a SS of the voice acting, those guys were awesome too!):

Title screen:
Image

Character dialogue and player mood status:
Image

Saionji being pretty(complimented by ugly incomplete inner-monologue text):
Image

Mini-game(timed choice) without the pretty UI:
Image


It was an interesting 3 week endeavor, thanks again everyone! Really sorry it didn't come to completion.

User avatar
pyopyon
Veteran
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 am
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Skype: miss.chouette
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette
Contact:

Re: ✨【Love Net】✨ » A (Dark) Web Browser Romance

#43 Post by pyopyon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:01 am

◼ What do you think of our approach to handle some very tough topics?

I am... a little uncertain, quite honestly. Although I am always interested in how games explore darker topics, I have to admit that I am less convinced than I'd like to be that they'll be handled particularly well because of some concerns I have with the designs. I'll address that in one of the following questions, though.

◼ What are you expecting/hoping to see in the game?

I am really hoping to see that the last two unrevealed characters are a little more ethnically diverse, especially since your personifications are of web browsers, which are a worldwide medium.

◼ If you could sum up the characters' personalities in 1 sentence, what would it be (more character concepts coming soon)?

Absolutely none of these are one sentence (but that's because I stopped reading at "IF U COULD SUM UP THE CHARA'S PERSONALITIES" and got so excited I started writing.)

Google -- benevolent older brother, but also always wants to know your business. A little bit pushy. Sometimes you have to tell him enough is enough! But... at least he asks permission before he reads all your diaries. (Why do you say yes sometimes?!)

Microsoft Edge -- The younger older brother to IE. Meaning, he is actually younger in age, but thinks he's oh-so-mature because he's something of a boy genius. A little bit boastful and proud because he claims to made a robot named Cortana, but no one's ever seen it. Most people just assume that she's an imaginary friend because of how young he looks.

Firefox -- the guy who moved in from a small town. He was popular at his old school, but lately it seems that no one really knows who he is anymore. Still really nice, though. But if you ask anyone about him, they have to think for a second to remember who he is.

Internet Explorer -- always tries to be in the mix and keep up with his friends, but stays up all night so he always falls asleep in the middle of conversations. Unfortunately, has gained an unbreakable reputation of being unreliable, but some people still like him.

Netscape -- A formerly rich kid who's parents divorced has effected him immensely and left him kind of listless. He was already a hard worker, but the difficulties he's faced have made him a little withdrawn. Kind of a ghost of a boy.

Opera -- Older than you think, but not as well known. He's a creative type and a bit of a genius, but most people don't notice his intelligence. Unfortunately, a lot of people copy his papers, but the teacher never disciplines them because she doubts that he's really that smart.

Safari -- Always tries her best, but seems to be overshadowed by Chrome. Her parents are extremely powerful, however, so they keep her supplied with all the latest and greatest. They're more competitive than she is, but she does try her best. She used to be pretty close to IE and Edge, even staying at their houses at times, but her parents quickly put an end to it, preferring that she stay home and perfect her studies instead. Wishes she were as adventurous as her name.

◼ What is the most appealing aspect of this game thus far?

For me, I love a variety of love interests, and I love personifications!

◼ Please describe your first impressions of this game.

My initial feelings were excitement! Because as I mentioned, I love personifications! But... it soured a little when I saw the designs. Although you put a lot of effort into how their hair and eyes and style could clearly communicate the web browser they represent, all of the love interests are basically the same skin tone (except Netscape, who seems even paler than everyone else.) That was a bit disappointing and frustrating because the tagline is "Everyone is Beautiful," but your designs are thin, pale and conventionally attractive in the western world... so... of course they would be considered beautiful.

Additionally, there are a lot of different ways to personify something and web browsers are so neutral--everyone in the world uses them... it would've been nice to see that reflected as well.

◼ Using your best judgment, what do you think this game will be about mostly?

Hm....... right now, all I can imagine is that episode of Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy goes into the internet and battles viruses, but I have a feeling I'm way off. Maybe it's about cyber bullying? Or web browsers rebelling to rid themselves of being controlled by humans? Not sure....
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]