Carrot Cafe! [BxG][GxG][18+/AO][VN][100% Funded]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Soot Face
Tumblr: lireskun
Deviantart: lires
itch: lires

Carrot Cafe! [BxG][GxG][18+/AO][VN][100% Funded]

#1 Post by Soot Face »

A fully animated VN/Dating Sim game that centers on the life of a young bachelor who's forced to work on an all-girls-maid cafe!

It's still in the works and I plan to put a lot of animated contents inside.
To get a feel of what the game will look like, check out the demo (warning NSFW/18+): https://lires.itch.io/carrotcafedemo

If you liked it and would like to help me fund it, I launched a Kickstarter campaign for it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... ref=75wyo6

Some Screenshots:
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to tell me. I'd really love to hear your feedbacks!
If you would like to help me out, but couldn't financially, here's my thunderclap. I'd really appreciate it!: http://thndr.me/WydUM9
Last edited by Soot Face on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mikomi
Veteran

Re: Carrot Cafe! [BxG][GxG][VN]

#2 Post by Mikomi »

Hiya, this VN looks great! However, when I went to look at the demo, I looked at the gallery first, and was shocked to see NSFW content in it. Could you maybe put that it's R18+ here? It'll give people a clearer idea of what they're getting into, and give you a more centralized audience. Also, how much NSFW stuff does the demo have?

Soot Face

Re: Carrot Cafe! [BxG][GxG][VN]

#3 Post by Soot Face »

Mikomi wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:09 am Hiya, this VN looks great! However, when I went to look at the demo, I looked at the gallery first, and was shocked to see NSFW content in it. Could you maybe put that it's R18+ here? It'll give people a clearer idea of what they're getting into, and give you a more centralized audience. Also, how much NSFW stuff does the demo have?
:O How could I have forgotten to put that! I'm terribly sorry if you got surprised. The demo is short but heavy on NSFW stuff.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Carrot Cafe! [BxG][GxG][18+/AO][VN]

#4 Post by parttimestorier »

I'm wondering about the [GxG] in your title, since this sounds like it's mostly about the male protagonist's relationships with the women. Are they going to be yuri scenes that are from the women's perspectives as well?
ImageImageImage

Soot Face

#5 Post by Soot Face »

parttimestorier wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:12 pm I'm wondering about the [GxG] in your title, since this sounds like it's mostly about the male protagonist's relationships with the women. Are they going to be yuri scenes that are from the women's perspectives as well?
The protagonist will have the option to have multiple relationships simultaneously. From there, you could convince the girls to "play" together.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

The premise reminded me of the Pia Carrot franchise. It began during the mid-'90s, and it had a gender flip spinoff called Prince Pia Carrot a couple years ago.

Your Kickstarter states that most of the heroines are between ages eighteen and twenty. However, one character (Chiyo) is thirty-four. Will she be a potential love interest? *If* she will be one of the heroines, then I would be more interested if she is a mother through adoption or remarriage, and not related to the protagonist.
Soot Face wrote:All characters inside the game won’t be static images... every character in Carrot Cafe will be fully animated.
That's a fascinating goal. If you can justify this with your budget, then animation might get fans interested. A potential drawback: what if the animations distract people from the story?

Soot Face

#7 Post by Soot Face »

gekiganwing wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 pm The premise reminded me of the Pia Carrot franchise. It began during the mid-'90s, and it had a gender flip spinoff called Prince Pia Carrot a couple years ago.

Your Kickstarter states that most of the heroines are between ages eighteen and twenty. However, one character (Chiyo) is thirty-four. Will she be a potential love interest? *If* she will be one of the heroines, then I would be more interested if she is a mother through adoption or remarriage, and not related to the protagonist.
Soot Face wrote:All characters inside the game won’t be static images... every character in Carrot Cafe will be fully animated.
That's a fascinating goal. If you can justify this with your budget, then animation might get fans interested. A potential drawback: what if the animations distract people from the story?
I see the resemblance!

There will be some kind of a similar relationship that the player can make with Chiyo, but I can't fully say that she will be a love interest. Chiyo is alcoholic. And a lot of times she'll confuse Satoshi with Satoshi's father, then... you might see where that is going.

The animations will be essential to the story. So I'm fairly confident that instead of distracting people from the story, it will enhance it instead. ^-^

Soot Face

#8 Post by Soot Face »

Hello again people! I would also want to invite you to my thunderclap. I figured not everyone could help me financially. But if you liked my game and would want to help me in a different way, here's my thunderclap: http://thndr.me/WydUM9

Soot Face

#9 Post by Soot Face »

Carrot Cafe! has reached it's goal!

Thanks to all that supported it from Lemma Soft Forums! The project is still running and have more than 15 days to go!
You could still back it up at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... ref=75wyo6

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

Re: Carrot Cafe! [BxG][GxG][18+/AO][VN][100% Funded]

#10 Post by CeeCeeVA »

This looks amazing!!
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry: