That Which Binds Us [GxB, Otome][Modern Fantasy / Mystery][RELEASED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mikomi
Veteran

Re: That Which Binds Us [Otome][Modern Fantasy / Mystery][Updated Demo]

#16 Post by Mikomi »

Zelan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:54 pm The main menu screen is absolutely gorgeous! This is a really cool concept. ^_^ I've definitely never seen red strings of fate used quite like this before.
Thank you so much! 💕

Mikomi
Veteran

#17 Post by Mikomi »

Update 2/11:

Here's a taste of the custom music pieces in That Which Binds Us, done by JadeVater!

A special Valentine's update will be announced on, well, Valentine's Day featuring new art and an update on the extended demo, so keep an eye out! 💕

Mikomi
Veteran

#18 Post by Mikomi »

Update 2/14:

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! Here's a jumbo update just for the occasion, including a major update to the demo and new art!

For starters, the demo has been extended to add new scenes, new expressions, updated GUI, and new music! You can still play it at the same link on Itch.io.

💝 Download the extended demo on Itch.io! 💝

Secondly, here's Eva wishing you all a Happy Valentine's!

TWBU will be entering beta testing by the end of the month, so if you're interested in play testing it, feel free to reply here saying so and I'll message you when beta testing starts! Thank you all for your support! 💕

saddest-willowby

#19 Post by saddest-willowby »

I got a chance to play this recently. Congrats again on the demo!

The premise is unique and interesting - definitely caught my attention!
Yow, nice graphics :) The string + flower themed ui is really lovely, especially that transition animation. The sprites too, especially Evalise's, and I thought they conveyed the characters well. The menu buttons are a bit hard to see though.
I thought the writing was great! Evalise and Idris were my favorites and their interactions were a lot of fun to watch. I enjoyed Evalise's internal dialogue as well. So much snark!
Having peeked at the ending in the script, I liked when Idris got almost personal about the boyfriend in the beginning. Going back and rereading it was a nice aha! moment.
-
I did think that after the bond was cut, Evalise was quite nonchalant about it. I would have expected her to be more glad to be rid of her boyfriend. Maybe it's because we jump to her receiving the free money right afterward - have you considered moving that earlier in the plot?

Mikomi
Veteran

#20 Post by Mikomi »

saddest-willowby wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 pm I got a chance to play this recently. Congrats again on the demo!

The premise is unique and interesting - definitely caught my attention!
Yow, nice graphics :) The string + flower themed ui is really lovely, especially that transition animation. The sprites too, especially Evalise's, and I thought they conveyed the characters well. The menu buttons are a bit hard to see though.
I thought the writing was great! Evalise and Idris were my favorites and their interactions were a lot of fun to watch. I enjoyed Evalise's internal dialogue as well. So much snark!
Having peeked at the ending in the script, I liked when Idris got almost personal about the boyfriend in the beginning. Going back and rereading it was a nice aha! moment.
-
I did think that after the bond was cut, Evalise was quite nonchalant about it. I would have expected her to be more glad to be rid of her boyfriend. Maybe it's because we jump to her receiving the free money right afterward - have you considered moving that earlier in the plot?
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it!

The script I have linked on this thread is actually old, so the full game is much longer and has several scenes edited to be better, so don't worry 👍

Mikomi
Veteran

#21 Post by Mikomi »

Update 2/27:

Time for an update! Although I won't be able to start beta testing by the end of February (I forgot it's only 28 days!), I have almost finished the phone cut scenes that'll play whenever Idris and Eva are on the phone with each other.

They're LiveComposited CGs, so their expressions will change during the conversation and their outfits will match what they're wearing at different times in the story.

arosia
Regular
Projects: Arosia: an Erotic Storybook for Adults
Tumblr: arosiathegame
itch: nightingaleartstudio

#22 Post by arosia »

I remember seeing this from the Discord!

I enjoy the art a lot. The painterly quality makes it feel a lot like paper cut-outs and the scene has a great, unique quality to it. Keep up the amazing work! <3

Mikomi
Veteran

#23 Post by Mikomi »

arosia wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:40 pm I remember seeing this from the Discord!

I enjoy the art a lot. The painterly quality makes it feel a lot like paper cut-outs and the scene has a great, unique quality to it. Keep up the amazing work! <3
Thank you very much! :D

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#24 Post by wyverngem »

Is it my perspective or do the backgrounds seem to be a little high behind the characters in the previews? I haven't played the demo just yet, but it looks like you're making good progress. I'm interested in seeing the finished project. :)

arosia
Regular
Projects: Arosia: an Erotic Storybook for Adults
Tumblr: arosiathegame
itch: nightingaleartstudio

#25 Post by arosia »

Mikomi wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:35 am Thank you very much! :D
Welcome! So much love, sweetie.

Mikomi
Veteran

#26 Post by Mikomi »

wyverngem wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 am Is it my perspective or do the backgrounds seem to be a little high behind the characters in the previews? I haven't played the demo just yet, but it looks like you're making good progress. I'm interested in seeing the finished project. :)
Thank you! If there's any backgrounds in particular you feel are off-perspective, feel free to point them out and I'll try to improve them.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#27 Post by wyverngem »

I'll send you a pm. :D

Mikomi
Veteran

#28 Post by Mikomi »

Update 3/10:

Weather effects are here! Here's an example of rain and snow. I'll most likely add a light rain/snow effect as well.

Final proofreading for the first playthrough script is almost finished, so beta testing for the first playthrough will start soon! Please PM me if you'd like to be a beta tester!

Mikomi
Veteran

#29 Post by Mikomi »

Update 3/18:

Looks like this week it's a big Idris-themed update! Did you know in the new game+ that there's an alternate story line, new endings, and the ability to play as Idris in some scenes?

And here's Idris wishing you a happy White Day! See you guys soon!

Mikomi
Veteran

Re: That Which Binds Us [GxB, Otome][Modern Fantasy / Mystery][Updated Demo]

#30 Post by Mikomi »

Update 4/2:

Another Idris themed update? Sure seems that way!

Here's Idris' outfit variations! There ended up being a lot more than I thought I'd make... whoops.

And here are some screenshots of their alternate outfits! It just so happened that they have the same poses in both screenshots...