Fate's Flame {Adventure X Fantasy X Romance}

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Fate's Flame {Adventure X Fantasy X Romance}

#16 Post by Zelan »

Neeka wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 pm The script is 90% completed! Programming is about 50%. Only waiting for a few assets now, CGs and voice.

Question: What do you feel about this game being open ended? It's set up where there's the strong possibility of a sequel, which would include more aspects such as in-depth information about the Kingdom, the races, wild life, etc. beyond what's in the first game. It would heavily focus on Mai and her past and how it affects all of their futures, including that of the entire Kingdom.
I'm totally cool with that. I like open-ended endings (as long as the main conflicts are mostly resolved). And sequels are always a lot of fun.

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#17 Post by verysunshine »

Zelan wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 pm
Neeka wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 pm The script is 90% completed! Programming is about 50%. Only waiting for a few assets now, CGs and voice.

Question: What do you feel about this game being open ended? It's set up where there's the strong possibility of a sequel, which would include more aspects such as in-depth information about the Kingdom, the races, wild life, etc. beyond what's in the first game. It would heavily focus on Mai and her past and how it affects all of their futures, including that of the entire Kingdom.
I'm totally cool with that. I like open-ended endings (as long as the main conflicts are mostly resolved). And sequels are always a lot of fun.
An open ending would be awesome as long as the main story threads are resolved in a satisfying way.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

#18 Post by Neeka »

verysunshine wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:49 pm
Zelan wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 pm

An open ending would be awesome as long as the main story threads are resolved in a satisfying way.
Thanks for both of your opinions! As mentioned in the first post there's a revolutionary secret that will reveal itself near the end. I have the feeling it may be more open-ended than you might like but I am hoping the relationships between the characters and their new futures will impel you to continue playing. :) As the story progresses Mai must come to terms with her past and her fate, deciding what is truly important.

Knight of Hearts
Regular

#19 Post by Knight of Hearts »

The menu graphics look great, very refined and stylish look!
My concern is that the sprites anatomy is a little off with the head being a lot bigger then the rest of the body for all of the sprites.
The background example is nice!
A Sci-fi Drama with Romance in Development (Yaoi, 18+) --- Join public DISCORD: https://discord.gg/yPDEZkN

Neeka
Veteran

#20 Post by Neeka »

June 9th Update:

Sorry for the radio silence! The script is completely finished (has been for awhile now). I've decided to revamp a few backgrounds as I'm polishing the game. Meantime I'm still looking for a CG artist, which I may have to commission once I have the funds. I have a few in mind though, which makes things easier.

I was debating adding the second part, making it one huge game. But I decided it would be better off in two installments.

Neeka
Veteran

#21 Post by Neeka »

9/21/ Update!

Hey there! I've reconnected with the original sprite artist who is going to be drawing all the CGs and extras for the characters!

Progress will still be somewhat slow yet I may release a 'demo'/beta version of the game and then release the full (Part One) version in all it's polished glory. Thanks for sticking around!~