about the regent Czarevna Anastasiya ... I'm, like, uneasy, but it's worse than that. My ocelles burn, my dreams are
sepulchral. But in the day, there's him, there's Anzu, the boy that took me in, shining like a supernova. He says he found
something, something he can't bear to leave unspoken, but too dangerous to share with just anyone. A secret, about
Czar Alexei I. A secret about why the Red Guard's rebellion failed, eight years ago.
Lev Venyaminovich/Lyubov Venyaminovna Morgenshtern isn't anybody in particular; a small-time writer of pulp horror, a dabbling mystic, once the star pupil of Svet Dmitrin's best yeshiva, poised to become a notable rabbi ... but that's the past, and Lev/Lyubov, genderfluid, genderfucked, gay, is now homeless.
Until one Anzu Tamiratovich Menelik takes pity, provides a place to stay. How can one not fall in love, then? Anzu is a necromancer, a dandy, and he's got his own secrets to keep.
As Lev/Lyubov recovers from a rough run of months, Anzu reveals that he's uncovered something rather eldritch going down in the city ... but following the trail will cost the two of them dear.
Currently, we're a writer/narrative designer and an artist! The wonderful GUI was done by a freelancer, potoutp.
Our artist is working on the sprite sketches; the writer has begun writing the first two chapters, that will be released as a demo in October 2018.
- Does the story sound appealing to you?
- What kind of thing would you be interested in exploring in a fantasy city?
- Would you be interested in playing a test build, e.g. one with the final GUI, but no backgrounds or sprites, just the dialogue and narration text?
- Would you support a Patreon if you could play such early test builds as part of the rewards?
- In a story that isn't just about romance, do you prefer sex scenes to be explicit or fade-to-black or having the choice between the two?
- July 9, 2018: shiny new thread, with brand-new graphics and information!
- July 15, 2018: added feedback questions