Reimei no Gakuen [GxB][Otome, Modern Fantasy, Mystery] DEMO, Kickstarter

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Macros

Re: Reimei no Gakuen [GxB][Otome, Fantasy, Mystery]

#16 Post by Macros »

Well, this seems like a pretty promising project, I must say! Hmm, feedback, feedback...

1. What do you think of the premise of the VN?

The plot is still a bit vague, so it's hard to have a definite opinion, but it's certainly intriguing. Right now I get a "high-school with superpowers" vibes, which is quite fine by me, but I can see the story going in a lot of different directions.

2. Which character(s) captured your interest the most?

As someone said above, the protagonist. It's a shame that it's often the most neglected character (I suppose leaving them "blank" may help some people to insert themselves in them), but here she seems to have a pretty good presence, and I'm curious to see how she interacts with the others and develop as a character on her own. Now, when it comes to other characters... perhaps Aito, but that may change in time.

3. Any rewards or stretch goals that you would like to see in the kickstarter campaign?

I'm a bit inexperienced in the usual way to do those things, so I'm going to abstain, I'm afraid.

4. Any other comments or questions?

Nothing comes to mind right now, but I'll make sure to let you know if that changes. Anyway, good luck!
"So many things to do, so little time."

RaikonKitsune
Regular
Projects: Reimei no Gakuen
Tumblr: raikonkitsune
Deviantart: RaikonKitsune
itch: Raikon Kitsune

#17 Post by RaikonKitsune »

Zelan wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:25 pm What exactly happens at this school? My guess is that the children go there to learn how to control their abilities, but I don't even understand what these abilities are.
sorry for the late answer, about what happens in the school is revealed in the prologue and what those abilities are is one of the big questions of the story (It will be revealed throughout the story.)
Ongoing Project:

RaikonKitsune
Regular

#18 Post by RaikonKitsune »

Macros wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:14 am Well, this seems like a pretty promising project, I must say! Hmm, feedback, feedback...

The plot is still a bit vague, so it's hard to have a definite opinion, but it's certainly intriguing. Right now I get a "high-school with superpowers" vibes, which is quite fine by me, but I can see the story going in a lot of different directions.

As someone said above, the protagonist. It's a shame that it's often the most neglected character (I suppose leaving them "blank" may help some people to insert themselves in them), but here she seems to have a pretty good presence, and I'm curious to see how she interacts with the others and develop as a character on her own.
Happy to hear that >v<//
I know it's a bit vague, but one of the main themes of the story is secrets and mysteries and how they unfold. Also I share your opinion on protagonists, so I paid close attention to my heroine's character and her development throughout the story.
Ongoing Project:

RaikonKitsune
Regular

#19 Post by RaikonKitsune »

The script is already in the proofreading process and most of the art is also ready. (1 CG, 1 BG and some sprite versions)
Most of the work left is programming which we can start up on real soon~

For now here is a Sheryl chibi by me
Ongoing Project:

RaikonKitsune
Regular

Re: Reimei no Gakuen [GxB][Otome, Fantasy, Mystery] DEMO

#20 Post by RaikonKitsune »

❅❅❅
The demo is now released!
❅ DOWNLOAD DEMO FOR WINDOWS, MAC AND LINUX FROM ITCH.IO ❅

Beautiful artwork by HanaKuro
Ongoing Project:

Macros

#21 Post by Macros »

Just played through it, and I'm definitely enjoying how things are shaping up. Most characters are pretty interesting (weirdly enough, I'm almost more interested by the side characters than the love interests - though I'm eager to learn more about them too), and the writing is quite solid. Having the MC as a senior instead of being the usual newcomer who has to get shown the ropes is a pretty neat twist, and it works quite well. And all in all, this demo does good at teasing us for things to come.

Oh, and I suspected as much, but this demo confirmed it: Sheryl is awesome. It's such a breath of fresh air to actually like a MC for once...

This project is definitely an ambitious one, my only worry is that you'd bit more than you can chew (70+ hours for a VN? I'm not an expert, but that sounds reeeeeally long. That being said, if you manage to pull it off, more power to you!).
"So many things to do, so little time."

PXVits
Tumblr: piarte-fwlr

#22 Post by PXVits »

Interesting setting, I really like it. It also reminds me of the quirks in BNHA.

Lagi and Sin, though it seems like their routes are going to be a bit bumpy.

3. Any rewards or stretch goals that you would like to see in the kickstarter campaign?
Ummm maybe wallpapers or prints?

How big will the full game be?

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#23 Post by AntiquedFae »

Congratulations on the demo release! It looks utterly fantastic. I can't wait to play!
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

RaikonKitsune
Regular

#24 Post by RaikonKitsune »

Macros wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:21 am Oh, and I suspected as much, but this demo confirmed it: Sheryl is awesome. It's such a breath of fresh air to actually like a MC for once...

This project is definitely an ambitious one, my only worry is that you'd bit more than you can chew (70+ hours for a VN? I'm not an expert, but that sounds reeeeeally long. That being said, if you manage to pull it off, more power to you!).
I'm really happy that you like the MC and I know too it's really long, but honestly this idea was one of the shortest stories I have in mind xD I will give my all to realize it, after all I love this project!
Thank you for the feedback~~
PXVits wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:53 pm 3. Any rewards or stretch goals that you would like to see in the kickstarter campaign?
Ummm maybe wallpapers or prints?

How big will the full game be?
Definitely including wallpapers and prints. The full game will have 70+ hours content with branching paths.
Great to hear your feedback~
AntiquedFae wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:02 pm Congratulations on the demo release! It looks utterly fantastic. I can't wait to play!
Thank you and I'm looking forward to hear your feedback :3
Ongoing Project:

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#25 Post by sonnenblumen »

Just played the demo, loved it!

To be a bit picky, I feel some of the dialogue (mainly narration though) was a bit awkward even if the spelling or grammar wasn't necessarily wrong. I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it before, but I would recommend having a proofreader/editor comb over the final demo release to make sure it's perfect. :) As for the good things, I loved the characters and their interactions! I also think you managed to explain just enough about the Shin for it to make, more or less, sense without spoiling the mystery!

Unfortunately, I also fell in love with some of the characters who are not romanceable. //cries

One quick question though: Why did they decide to have these students, considering the misfortunes that follow them and all the demons they attract, together with normal students? I know they're able to erase their memories if anything happens and can protect them usually (seems the demons don't necessarily attack normal students?), but I still feel it's very risky. Maybe it'll be explained later in the story though! ;)

RaikonKitsune
Regular

#26 Post by RaikonKitsune »

sonnenblumen wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 pm Just played the demo, loved it!

To be a bit picky, I feel some of the dialogue (mainly narration though) was a bit awkward even if the spelling or grammar wasn't necessarily wrong. I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it before, but I would recommend having a proofreader/editor comb over the final demo release to make sure it's perfect. :)
Sooo happy you liked it >v<//
Actually, for this version of the demo I already worked with several proofreaders, but you are not the first to mention that, so I will definitely get it checked again to correct the mistakes.
sonnenblumen wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 pm I also think you managed to explain just enough about the Shin for it to make, more or less, sense without spoiling the mystery!
And I'm relieved to hear that because that was one of the things that I was worried about ;w;//
sonnenblumen wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 pm Unfortunately, I also fell in love with some of the characters who are not romanceable. //cries

One quick question though: Why did they decide to have these students, considering the misfortunes that follow them and all the demons they attract, together with normal students? I know they're able to erase their memories if anything happens and can protect them usually (seems the demons don't necessarily attack normal students?), but I still feel it's very risky. Maybe it'll be explained later in the story though! ;)
Would love to hear who those characters are~ :wink:
As for your question, there is a good reason for that which will be explained later in the story. Don't want to spoil it :3
Ongoing Project:

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

Re: Reimei no Gakuen [GxB][Otome, Modern Fantasy, Mystery] DEMO

#27 Post by sonnenblumen »

Ahaha, I see! That makes sense. xD I’ll just have to hold on for the final version (or perhaps a beta version if that’s planned, because I’m def interested in supporting your KS after this demo!) :)

As for the characters, before playing the demo, I was mainly interested in Sin and Fraser. After playing, I’m still curious about Sin and Fraser but Hiryuu stole my heart from the bachelors! As for the non-romanceables, I fell in love with Tsurugi and Nova -- but Rishou also takes the cake for being one of the funniest haha. On a side-note, I really like the MC’s personality and I also feel most of the female side-characters were nice and really contributed to the story (a lot of otomes tend to fail or ignore that aspect, so it was nice to see!)

RaikonKitsune
Regular

#28 Post by RaikonKitsune »

~~Update~~
Getting ready to release a promotional video and a second version of the demo;
We are doing a recheck on the script with Solo Acapello to make sure there are no mistakes left this time He is doing a really great work! ^^
Meanwhile, Hana and I are working on finishing the illustrations and backgrounds needed for a promo video
(The CGs of the demo are also among these, so the second version of the demo will have more finished assets too.)

New background by me and Different versions of the Student Council bg by Hana

Ongoing Project:

RaikonKitsune
Regular

#29 Post by RaikonKitsune »

The new Demo of Reimei no Gakuen is now Released!
Download it here

This versions has a rechecked script, more finished CGs and BGS (including new versions).

Ongoing Project:

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by philip »

@Raikon Kitsune-

Had downloaded the April demo and played through it, but apparently did not leave a comment at that time. Saw that there is a July version now, so downloaded and went through again . . . didn't see any significant differences. For some reason, I enjoyed this play through much more than the first time. The artwork of the sprites and backgrounds is very nice, and the story is interesting. I will look forward to future updates!

A very nice job so far.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"