A Diver's Tail [BxG][Fantasy Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Kairui
Regular
Projects: Tsun Rising, A Diver's Tail
Tumblr: kairui-chan
Deviantart: kairui-chan

A Diver's Tail [BxG][Fantasy Romance]

#1 Post by Kairui » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 am

[Romance][Fantasy][English Visual Novel]

Rikuto is a young man chasing his dream of finding himself a real mermaid. Though he spends the majority of his time running his seaside shop and diving for trinkets and other underwater findings, he's often fantisizing about his late father's stories of the sea. After a large and unexpected storm, Rikuto finds himself living in his fantasy. A beautiful mermaid washes up on the beach of his shop, but it isn't exactly how he imagined it. Being badly injured, Rikuto tries to nurse her back to health without anyone finding out. Will Rikuto be able to let go of what he's found?

Rikuto (Main Character, renamable)

Kanami (Romance option)

Chi

Cover image work in progress

Mock-up of the in-game GUI

I plan to release in spring 2018 after a Kickstarter late winter! This is my first time writing a visual novel while doing all the sprite/CG work and most of the backgrounds, so I thought it would be nice to have a full thread tracking my progress on it.

Please let me know anyone has any thoughts or feedback on it~ I hope you guys will be interested. (*≧▽≦)

- Kairui

I'm an artist
Website

Mikomi
Veteran
Completed: That Which Binds Us, Alice in Stardom
Projects: Asterism, Magicanna
Organization: Crystal Game Works
Deviantart: MikomiKisomi
itch: CrystalGameWorks

Re: A Diver's Tail [BxG][Fantasy Romance]

#2 Post by Mikomi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 pm

This looks absolutely lovely! I love water/sea themed stuff and mermaids, so I really like the concept for this. It all looks really nice, and I wish you the best of luck developing it!
ImageImage Image

DevlogTwitter

Freelance marketer- DM if interested!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan

Re: A Diver's Tail [BxG][Fantasy Romance]

#3 Post by Zelan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 pm

This looks really cool! I'm interested in the mermaid vs. siren thing you have going on here. Stories with mermaids usually either don't include sirens at all or just combine the two into one creature.