Efemural Hearts [Zombies][Otome][Free]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Efemural Hearts [Zombies][Otome][Free]

#1 Post by Empish »

In a world where zombies come in two flavors: the mindless shambling predators we all love to kill, and the people who are still human but on their way to full zombie-ism, a girl and her best friend encounter a trio of first-stage zombies outside of a colony. They're desperate to reach a new, safer colony than the one they escaped from, but every day they're free risks them becoming full zombies and/or spreading infection. Will our heroine turn them in or help them in their quest?
Characters:
Lenore
Lenore-Normal-wm.png
A 20-year old rich college student who's lived a fairly sheltered life. She was 8 when the zombie outbreak first started. Stubborn, serious, and straightforward. Very determined, but naive.

Theo
theo.png
Also 20-years old, Theo is Lenore's best friend. He's rather protective of her.

Dylan
Dylan_crop.png
A 19-year-old first-stage zombie. He's the guardian of his little sister Hope, as their parents went full zombie years ago. He would do anything to get her somewhere safe.

Jared
Jared-cropwm.png
An antisocial guy who’s been a zombie almost since the beginning of the outbreak. 21 years old. He is very bitter about being a zombie and thinks that everyone should have to be one if he has to.

Hope
Hope-cropwm.png
Zombie little girl. 9 years old. Born inside a zombie colony, she has no understanding of the outside world and fears it.
Team:
Empish (Writing and Programming)
Chris Thurman (Music and SFX)
Enri-Ai (Sprite Art)
Kirakana (Background Art)
Bloodfreelady (GUI Art)
CrouchingBacon (Concept Art, Editing)
Pecan (Editing)
Stats:
This is a short VN, coming in around 5k words, but it has 2 romanceable characters and 6 endings total.
It will be PWYW on itch.io, and therefore also free to those who want it.
Progress:
Writing: I don't know anymore
Sprites: 100%
BGs: 50%
CGs: 10%
GUI: 50%
Music: 30%
Programming: 10%
Questions:
What do you think about the premise? Do zombies and otome mix?

Who is your favorite character?

Would you play this game?
Last edited by Empish on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

Re: Efemural Hearts [Zombies][Otome][Free]

#2 Post by MiracleCatZ »

Seems legit, Of course I want more lore about this zombie virus, and would love to play if it had more info about the virus spreading, etc.

I am a stick in the mud for those details. Other then that can't wait to see what you get !

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#3 Post by Ertal77 »

Zombies and otome? Hell, yes!!!

My only complaint so far is... only 5k words?? I can tell in advance that I'll be left wanting more!
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Empish
Veteran

#4 Post by Empish »

Thanks, guys, I'm glad there's some hype for this.

@MiracleCatZ: The virus resulted from a "treatment" for alcoholism. Obviously doctors didn't test the long-term studies for it very well before it went public. It can be spread like through bodily fluids, so something like a kiss or a bite from a zombie could infect you. There are of course other ways too, as you may discover...

@Ertal: Sorry! xD Maybe we'll make a sequel or prequel at some point, because this story is set in place long after the original outbreak.

Thanks for your replies, everyone. Have a pic of Dylan!
Dylan_crop.png

Empish
Veteran

#5 Post by Empish »

Just an update! We've got the sprites with full expressions done for Lenore, Theo, and Dylan, and concept art for Hope done. Jared's will soon follow. I also plan to try and finish the script today!

Empish
Veteran

#6 Post by Empish »

Update! Here's Jared and Hope.
Jared-cropwm.png
Hope-cropwm.png
As for the writing, I have decided to redo some of it. The romance aspect of it just wasn't clicking. This rewrite may or may not make it longer, but it will (hopefully) make it better!