La Filipinas: Pais y el amor (Historical Otome Game)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

La Filipinas: Pais y el amor (Historical Otome Game)

#1 Post by zhaie »

** Game might be subject to change
** Logo tentative
** Filipino terms as follows (translations are provided, you may comment for any confusion or questions)
** More characters to be added soon :'D
"My life is my own, not by anyone or to whom."
"You can say that I am selfish, but I have no plans of giving up my country or you."
"Sometimes I lose faith in myself but I feel happy to hear that you trust me."
"Sometimes it's not the sickness which hurts, but the heart that loves."
"With all the contributions I made in tactics and strategy... I will only end up faltering with one person."
"Could you call me a stinky fish if I love you more than I love my own tongue?"
""
⋆ 6 Possible Love Interest ⋆
⋆ 20+ Possible Endings ⋆
⋆ 12 Beautiful Illustrations ⋆
⋆ 20+ Different Endings ⋆
⋆ Built-in Dictionary for Deep Filipino Terms ⋆
⋆ Available in both PC and Android ⋆
*** Point one: Collaboration work with Izanagi and Shoujo
*** Point two: This project has been in our backlog since 2014, all of us our really busy
*** Point three: The game is written in Filipino, however if there is an interested person or group who is willing to translate the game in its release, we are more than willing to say YES!
*** Point 4: We would like to keep you in mind that this game might be based on real historical figures but the story is purely fictional. However, we would like to be faithful to the history so we will try to align the story with that.
*** Point 5: This is an otome game so we made them look a little different from their counterpart. x'D

Any feedback is appreciated~! Thank you so much :'D

keelan

Re: La Filipinas: Pais y el amor (Historical Otome Game)

#2 Post by keelan »

Wooow! As a fellow Filipino, this is really exciting! Though a) I don't live in the Philippines anymore and b) I was terrible at sibika (civics, for all the non-speakers here), it's great to see some representation around.

I was a big fan of ReWound 101, so seeing your team behind this is great! I have high hopes for the finished product :D

Governor-general Ramon caught my eye first because that route feels chest-deep in political intrigue (of course, all of them are going to get caught in the fire, but I'm a sucker for LIs whose interests conflict with everyone else's)

And ahhh, as much as I'd love to help out with translating this to English, my Filipino vocabulary is weak; I can understand well enough but my translations are shaky :')

But overall, this is looking good so far! I love the artwork and the glimpse of the plot.

Good luck~ I'm going to keep an eye on this thread as it updates!

zhaie
Regular

#3 Post by zhaie »

keelan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:22 pm Wooow! As a fellow Filipino, this is really exciting! Though a) I don't live in the Philippines anymore and b) I was terrible at sibika (civics, for all the non-speakers here), it's great to see some representation around.

I was a big fan of ReWound 101, so seeing your team behind this is great! I have high hopes for the finished product :D

Governor-general Ramon caught my eye first because that route feels chest-deep in political intrigue (of course, all of them are going to get caught in the fire, but I'm a sucker for LIs whose interests conflict with everyone else's)

And ahhh, as much as I'd love to help out with translating this to English, my Filipino vocabulary is weak; I can understand well enough but my translations are shaky :')

But overall, this is looking good so far! I love the artwork and the glimpse of the plot.

Good luck~ I'm going to keep an eye on this thread as it updates!
Thank you so much for the support!
We will do our best to make the whole game a sucess 🙈

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#4 Post by illuminate001 »

So I was about to mention that your Jose Rizal looks nothing like the actual Jose Rizal, but then you mentioned it's all an adaptation so I'll take it as such :)

Otherwise, I like the design of the characters...intentional or not, they have this old school anime vibe like a "Saint Seiya".

I think Philippines and it's folklore have a lot of elements yet untouched or expressed story-wise to the western audience. This is a good chance to show that our history and lore is incredibly interesting!
ImageImage
ImageImage

zhaie
Regular

#5 Post by zhaie »

illuminate001 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:39 pm So I was about to mention that your Jose Rizal looks nothing like the actual Jose Rizal, but then you mentioned it's all an adaptation so I'll take it as such :)

Otherwise, I like the design of the characters...intentional or not, they have this old school anime vibe like a "Saint Seiya".

I think Philippines and it's folklore have a lot of elements yet untouched or expressed story-wise to the western audience. This is a good chance to show that our history and lore is incredibly interesting!
The three of us are avid fans of Hakuouki, if ever you are familiar with that otome game.
Same reason as to why they Shinsengumi don't really look like their real counterpart in history, everyone in this game are redesign to look a little better for the target audience since this is an otome game.

The game is targeted to Filipinos so not much really to westerners. We are planning to release it in Filipino only but if there is someone interested to translate it, we are more than willing.
But our target audience are Filipinos not westerners :)

I think Izanagi the artist is a fan of Saint Seiya and me as well is a fan of old school anime so I think it is intentional in the artist's part as all of us have almost the same preferences.

And thank you so much for your kind feedback.

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#6 Post by Ertal77 »

Not Philippino but Spanish here, and I'd love to see the other side of the story! :D

We don't study about what happened with the colonial Philippines, what was it that went wrong (although I can imagine, thanks to the "great job" Spain did at South and Central America). So I hope someone translates your game to English, it would be really interesting. And yes, the anime style of the characters looks cute!
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7 Post by Zelan »

I agree with Ertal, I'd be interested to know more about the history of the Philippines (I'm American, so unfortunately that history isn't "important enough" to be in the curriculum over here). Crossing my fingers that someone will come along who's able to make an English translation. c: