Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] [Friendship, Romance, Comedy, FREE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
renkka
Regular
Projects: Picture Perfect Romance, AOGTSR, Mizari Loves Company, Crossroad Inn
Tumblr: level707

Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] [Friendship, Romance, Comedy, FREE]

#1 Post by renkka » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello! My name is Ren, but I also go by the pen name Renkka. "Picture Perfect Romance" is a lighthearted otome game with a focus on character interactions and relationship-building between all of the characters. The story has deeper elements to it as well, but those will be revealed as you play the routes!

What I'm basically hoping to gain with this thread are general reactions, suggestions, and feedback from everyone.

Picture Perfect Romance
Genres: Friendship, Romance, Comedy, Adventure, Otome Game (GxB)

STORY

Famous actress, Kara Devara (Customizable Name), receives an exclusive invitation to a VIP party at a luxurious mansion in the mountains. On the night of the party, Kara is met with the biggest surprise of her life. The party only has four other guests: Jerri Liun, Zene Moon, Nate Roserenos, and Vin Nadyatkhul, some of the hottest male celebs in the industry. The five of them discover they will be living together in the house for the next ten days as part of the reality TV program, "Picture Perfect Reality."

During that time, will they develop more than just on-screen friendships? Will Kara's “Picture Perfect Reality” become a “Picture Perfect Romance” between her and one of her attractive co-stars?

CHARACTERS

[ Kara Devara ]
Actress/Model/TV Personality
Personality: Optimistic, Ambitious, Adventurous, Honest, Sociable, Stubborn, Bold
Hobbies: Jogging, Exercising, Acting, Socializing, Watching Movies/TV Shows
Background: Her charming, confident, honest personality and talent made her successful in the entertainment industry at a young age. Her humble beginnings and gradual rise to success inspired many aspiring entertainers to pursue their dreams. Now a successful actress, model, and TV personality, she’s interested in meeting new people, gaining more life experiences, and finding more purpose in everyday things.
Initial Reaction to "Picture Perfect Reality":
"I came here expecting a VIP party, but when I got here, there was no party at all! I guess it's a big opportunity to make new friends and have new experiences."

[ Jerri Liun ]
Idol
Personality: Sensitive, Adventurous, Playful, Honest, Impulsive, Naive, Hyper
Hobbies: Singing, Dancing, Listening to music, Socializing, Playing games, Makeup
Background: Jerri is a member of the popular boy band, Re:Vamp, and his outgoing, adventurous, and fun image has earned him millions of fans around the world. Nicknamed the “Trend Idol,” Jerri is known for starting viral trends ranging from fashion statements to catchy phrases. His unique perspectives and behavior revolutionizes the ways the public perceives idols and influences those around him to be more adventurous.
"I'm treating this as a 10-day sleepover with Kara and the others so I won't be tempted to walk all the way home. This better be fun!"

[ Zene Moon ]
Idol/Actor
Personality: Modest, Reserved, Kind, Level-headed, Loyal, Mature, Knowledgeable
Hobbies: Singing, Acting, Hiking, Camping, Appreciating Artwork, Cooking
Background: Zene is the heartthrob member of the boy band, The Flight, and is known for his maturity and intense stage presence. He is one of the leading idol-actors in the industry and comes from a family of considerable influence. His down-to-earth, kind, and calm personality puts others at ease, although he’s often an easy target for playful teasing from friends.
"I'm worried about neglecting my responsibilities for so long. However, if this is what my agency signed me up for, then I'll make the most of this experience."

[ Nate Roserenos ]
CEO/Fashion Designer/Model/Activist
Personality: Confident, Optimistic, Knowledgeable, Witty, Adventurous, Talkative
Hobbies: Designing, Traveling, Socializing, Campaigning, CEO-ing (haha)
Background: Nate is one of the youngest, most affluent CEOs in history and owns the eco-friendly fashion label, Nateural. His brand raises awareness for and campaigns for global issues, including environmental deterioration and animal cruelty. His genuine, upbeat, adventurous personality and dedication to his cause has lead to an increased level of advocacy in the masses.
"I'd usually be excited for this kinda thing, but I'm have a lot on my schedule! If it wasn't for Miss Kara's optimism, I'd probably be kissing this place goodbye and flying back home on a helicopter, haha."

[ Vin Nadyatkhul ]
Musician/Composer/Producer
Personality: Compassionate, Gullible, Forgetful, Thoughtful, Humble, Patient
Hobbies: Playing music, Songwriting, Reading
Background: Vin is one of the few remaining “anonymous” celebrities in the entertainment industry. His name is in the credits of some of the most famous songs in the world, but few know what he looks like. He is currently working on an autobiographical novel and has promised curious fans that he will soon make his long-awaited, shocking reveal to the public for the very first time.
"I expected a larger setting for my big reveal, but I suppose this is fine, too. It's somewhat out of my comfort zone, but I'm excited to make new friends and spend quality time together with them."
SETTING

June 2020 in western Kalroze (Original Setting)

Picture Perfect Reality Mansion: The luxurious two-story mansion (along with a rooftop lounge) that the five participants in the program will live in. It is located in the mountains with a nice view of the forest, along with the distant city.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay will be relatively simple and follows a traditional VN and otome game format.
There is a common route (prologue + main chapter) with opportunities to raise the affection meters for all of the characters through choices.
Every choice has a unique dialogue and length, and you will only learn particular details about a character through certain choices.

FEATURES

[*] Customizable MC Name
[*] 4 Unique Routes, 12 Unique Endings (Bad, Normal, Good)
[*] Stories focused on character and relationship development
[*] Complex backstories
[*] Original Soundtracks (TBA)
[*] 1-2 hours of gameplay per route
[*] 160,000+ words total (~37,000 words per route)

PROGRESS

Writing 50%
-----Common Route
---------Prologue 100%
---------Main Chapter 100%
-----Outlines
---------Jerri 100%
---------Zene 100%
---------Vin 70%
---------Nate 80%
-----Main Routes
---------Jerri 100%
---------Zene 100%
---------Vin 5%
---------Nate 0%
-----Endings
---------Jerri 100%
---------Zene 100%
---------Vin 0%
---------Nate 0%
Editing 20%
Programming 5%
Sprites 5%
CGs 0%
GUI 20%
BG Art 20%
Music 40%

EXCERPTS

These are all out of context, because why not?

EXCERPT #1
NATE
The most important trait of a parent is adaptability to change. The situation changed, and so did my mindset.
Don't tell me Kara wasn't winning you over.

KARA
I don’t care about any of that. We’re really going now, huh?
Yay! We’re gonna have so much fun!

JERRI
Have fun sleeping on top of mud and bird poop!
While you guys wipe your butts with leaves, I’m going to be using a toilet that cleans my butt for me!

KARA
Thanks. I totally needed that image in my head, Jerri.

VIN
Great, now I’m imagining it…

ZENE
Anyways, regardless of who stays or goes, Kara wants to leave tomorrow morning, so let’s pack tonight.
EXCERPT #2
KARA
You’re such a slob, Jerri.

JERRI
H-How could you call me that, you meanie!
I'm not a slob, I'm just hungry.

NATE
Aww, the baby needs a bib?

Nate coos at Jerri, who growls and sticks his face angrily into his food.

ZENE
You upset the puppy, Nate.
Be careful or he’ll bite your hand.

Jerri glares at Zene and violently gobbles his food.
He looks like an angry rabbit munching on a carrot with those pouty cheeks and lips.

VIN
Leave the poor guy alone, guys. Let him eat in peace.
TEAM

Writer (Renkka)
Character Artists (Lexaby, Invierno)
Sprite References (cakeu)
Chibi Art (Red-Baby)
Character Concept (Yulia)
Proofreaders (Metatype, Crystalscm)
BG Artist (Andrewus)
Editors (Twig, Lunaterra, Iron, Crystalscm)
GUI Artist (vchan)
Composer (Jeff Penny)
Marketer (POSITION OPEN)

QUESTIONS
  • What are your initial reactions to Picture Perfect Romance (PPR)?
  • Which character(s) caught your attention first and why?
  • What features/scenes would you like to see in the game?
  • What are your expectations for the game? What do you most look forward to seeing?
  • Thoughts on the excerpts?
Of course, I also invite any comments/constructive feedback/suggestions. Thanks for checking this out! I will be updating this thread as more work is done on the game. :D
Last edited by renkka on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 15 times in total.

renkka
Regular

Re: Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] [Friendship, Romance, Comedy, FREE]

#2 Post by renkka » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Recruiting 1-2 proofreaders and an editor for this project.

Recruitment thread is posted here. Looking forward to hearing from you!

renkka
Regular

#3 Post by renkka » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:07 pm

[PROGRESS UPDATE 1/15/2018]
- Refining scripts for prologue, main route, and Jerri's route
- Started on Vin's first chapter
- Recruited BG Artist (andrewus)

[TEAM RECRUITMENT]
Are you looking to expand your portfolio/experience? I am recruiting multiple unpaid positions (composer, GUI artist, marketer, editor, etc). Please check the recruitment thread for more information or drop me a PM!

renkka
Regular

#4 Post by renkka » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:58 pm

[PROGRESS UPDATE 3/20/2018]
- Editing for Prologue and Main Route: 70% Complete!
- 4 Soundtracks completed!
- Additional progress made on character concepts, BG art, and scheduling. Still recruiting character artist, which could potentially set back the demo release date.
- Chibi art by the mega awesome Red-Baby! Aren't our characters so adorable?