[CLOSED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

[CLOSED]

#1 Post by renkka »

[DELETED]
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Renkka
Writer, Editor, Narrative Designer

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

[CLOSED]

#2 Post by renkka »

[DELETED]
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renkka

renkka
Regular

[CLOSED]

#3 Post by renkka »

[DELETED]
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renkka

renkka
Regular

[CLOSED]

#4 Post by renkka »

[DELETED]
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renkka

renkka
Regular

[CLOSED]

#5 Post by renkka »

[DELETED]
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Renkka

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] [Friendship, Romance, Comedy, FREE]

#6 Post by Red-Baby »

Loving the look of the new sprites =D
Glad to see an update ^w^ Keep it up Renkka!

renkka
Regular

#7 Post by renkka »

Red-Baby wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:34 am Loving the look of the new sprites =D
Glad to see an update ^w^ Keep it up Renkka!
Thanks, so glad to hear that. :) We'll work hard to bring a really polished demo in the next few months, so stay tuned for more updates!
Renkka

DirkB
Regular
Projects: 7th Goddess
Tumblr: 7thgoddess-vn

#8 Post by DirkB »

renkka wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 pm Playing around with this free resource by Uncle Mugen!
That is a great picture and I just checked out Uncle Mugen's page now for the first time. It's full of incredible art.

But what I am wondering about is ... how do you deal with the possibility that others might use the same picture in another novel?

I am making something entirely with pre-rendered environments that I buy in a store and it's my main concern that I think others might just use the same stuff as I do, which takes away from its originality. Maybe I am too concerned about this ... I don't know. I just like to hear your thoughts about this.

Good luck with your novel!

renkka
Regular

[CLOSED]

#9 Post by renkka »

DirkB wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:30 am
renkka wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:06 pm Playing around with this free resource by Uncle Mugen!
That is a great picture and I just checked out Uncle Mugen's page now for the first time. It's full of incredible art.

But what I am wondering about is ... how do you deal with the possibility that others might use the same picture in another novel?

I am making something entirely with pre-rendered environments that I buy in a store and it's my main concern that I think others might just use the same stuff as I do, which takes away from its originality. Maybe I am too concerned about this ... I don't know. I just like to hear your thoughts about this.

Good luck with your novel!
Hello! Our project actually has its own BG artist, but as many BGs still need to be completed, I used Uncle Mugen's BG as a placeholder of sorts.

With any art assets that are free resource or purchasable by anyone, the chance of someone else using it is high. However, I personally don't find it to be a huge issue unless what you are aiming for is complete originality: in that case, it would probably be in your best interest to commission a BG artist to develop those BGs for you.

In PPR's case, it would be in our project's best interest to use unique BGs, as our locations are completely original with unique components and roles in the story that wouldn't be found in just any BGs.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Best of luck with your project! Wishing you all the best!
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renkka

DirkB
Regular
Projects: 7th Goddess
Tumblr: 7thgoddess-vn

#10 Post by DirkB »

renkka wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:32 pm With any art assets that are free resource or purchasable by anyone, the chance of someone else using it is high. However, I personally don't find it to be a huge issue unless what you are aiming for is complete originality: in that case, it would probably be in your best interest to commission a BG artist to develop those BGs for you.

In PPR's case, it would be in our project's best interest to use unique BGs, as our locations are completely original with unique components and roles in the story that wouldn't be found in just any BGs.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Best of luck with your project! Wishing you all the best!
Thanks a lot for the reply. I understand it better now. I would like to be completely original, but I am aiming for a first person immersive story inside 3D environments with multiple camera angles. Something like a tell tale game but without total freedom in walking around yourself. The lack of originality is the main drawback I see, but few people are making novels this way, so I might just be able to get away with it :D

raeurae
Projects: Times New Roman
Tumblr: raeurae
Deviantart: raeurae

#11 Post by raeurae »

Looks very interesting! I love the look of all of the characters; the different colors schemes of them all really catch my eye <3

Can't wait to see more!!

zene is already my favorite ahhh

renkka
Regular

[CLOSED]

#12 Post by renkka »

raeurae wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:34 pm Looks very interesting! I love the look of all of the characters; the different colors schemes of them all really catch my eye <3

Can't wait to see more!!

zene is already my favorite ahhh
Thanks so much for the lovely comment! Creating distinct characters (both in personality and appearance) was one of our goals, so it's so reassuring to hear that. :D

Zene seems to be a fan favorite already, just judging from his popularity among our team members too. We're excited to bring more updates soon! (And I promise you, more updates of Zene too. 8) )
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renkka

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

#13 Post by hyesunxoxo »

What are your initial reactions to Picture Perfect Romance (PPR)?
I love the premise! I’ve always been a sucker for celebrity stories, so this one is definitely my cup of tea. Initially, I had the idea that this would be an amazing game, as I know more than ¼ of your production team! Red’s chibis are just amazing, Jeff Penny is a great composer and Yulia and Renkka from Reine Works are absolutely amazing people, as I’ve had the pleasure of working with Reine Works too and these guys produce remarkable visual novels. Looking forward to this!

Which character(s) caught your attention first and why?
Jerri and Zene caught my attention! I love both of their characters, but they seem to contrast each other which makes it even more interesting! I’d definitely go for Zene’s route first, I’m the otome player who always goes for the cool, suave type first. I also love the MC, I think we’re on the same boat when it comes to having strong heroines!

What features/scenes would you like to see in the game?
I’m not very particular with the gameplay, because good art and good story is always more than enough to satisfy me. I look forward to deeper relationships within the characters, because the spotlight can be devastating, and there’s always a backstory to everybody! I believe you guys are in good hands <3

What are your expectations for the game? What do you most look forward to seeing?
I’m looking forward to seeing conflict as well as unexpected events throughout the story! I love great character developments, and there’s not much VNs about the entertainment industry so I hope that this will bring a realistic take on the limelight, and that they’re just as much human as others.

Thoughts on the excerpts?
They seem really fun! Different personalities getting together always results into a beautiful chaos, I believe this will be the case for everybody in their first couple of days together.

This looks amazing, I regret not taking a look as soon as I could. Please keep going, I’ll be keeping tabs on this <3
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

renkka
Regular

[CLOSED]

#14 Post by renkka »

[DELETED]
Renkka