Summer Horizon [B/GxG, B/GxB][Slice of Life][Ace Jam]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Harick
Veteran

Summer Horizon [B/GxG, B/GxB][Slice of Life][Ace Jam]

#1 Post by Harick »

Story
Summer Horizon tells the story of Alex who learns that learns they're asexual during the summer before college, and their journey into exploring what it means to be in an asexual relationship

Characters

Alex, the asexual protagonist
Alex is going into college after the summer, but after an encounter with the college LGBT club they find out they're asexual which turns their life into a mess.

Jason Todd, the unexpected friend
Jason is your typical jock, at least that's how Alex percieves him. He is in the hockey club at school but in his free time he is in pottery class and is a favorite of the grangrans.

Zaffie Smith, the hippie
Zaffie loves nature and runs the most influential Twitter page representing the teens of the Green Party. She is kind and very protective of her friends, but really stubborn.

Peter Lewison, the country boy
Peter is a trans man who works at his parents farm, and is honsetly just the nicest guy. He spends most of his time helping out at the farm or in school, but when he has free time he spends it either in the library or painting.

Kaitlyn Everett, the rival
Alex and Kaitlynn have been school rivals for a while, Kaitlyn always has the best grades and Alex is always just below her. She's cool, confident, and a perfectionist, which leads people into seeing her as cold.

Feeniks Svksbahrn, the DnD geek
Feeniks is an nb DnD geek with social anxiety who sometimes goes around in a wizzard hat and cloak. They enjoy temselves most when they play DnD.

Melanie "Misty" Porter, the artist
Misty is a trans girl who really likes art, and she works at an art supply store and buys more art supplies then she ever gets to use. She's sweet but very introverted, having no friends after some messy stuff when she came out as trans.

Features
We're aiming to get full voice acting, and a male and female protagonist who can romance different characters. Along with that there's going to be a lot of art, and an original soundtrack. The game will also be free!

Team
We're Acelandia Studio, we decided to work together to make something for the Ace Jam that's this month because we're all asexual so this is something we all care about.
The team consits of:
Design: Paul, the project lead
1-Up “Rock Daddy” Boy

Story: Sam ‘EctoVoid’ Margonine
Fern AKA “Fern866”
Raghav “dtsxdnc” Devarakonda
Jeanine “Nini” Kleist

Editing: Jeanine “Nini” Kleist
Alice Scarlet Eidson
“Captain” Sasha Valeria

Music (composing): Daniel “Noelwiz” Peterson

Music (Recording): Daniel “Noelwiz” Peterson
“Captain” Sasha Valeria
Paul
Fern AKA “Fern866”
1-Up “Rock Daddy” Boy
Esther Chang

Voice Acting: 1-Up “Rock Daddy” Boy
Fern AKA “Fern866”
Raghav “dtsxdnc” Devarakonda
Daniel “Noelwiz” Peterson
“Captain” Sasha Valeria
Esther Chang
Jeanine “Nini” Kleist
Paul

Programming: “Captain” Sasha Valeria
uh huh

PR: Alice Scarlet Eidson
Jeanine “Nini” Kleist
Also me apparently

Art: Nova aka TechNova
Håkon "Martin "Bobbert "Harick" Moss" Henriksen" Johansen (me!)
Esther Chang
Fern AKA “Fern866”

And a lot more that haven't written down their names in the credits yet.

Questions

1. Are you interested in playing a vn from the perspective of an asexual character? Does the concept interest you, put you off, or are you just neutral to it?

2. How much do you know about asexuality? Have you ever come across it in media before?

3. Which character are you the most interested in from the little written here?

4. Are you interested in this game?

Last edited by Harick on Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Re: Summer Horizon [B/GxG, B/GxB][Slice of Life][Ace Jam]

#2 Post by Empish »

I'm definitely interested in this. As an asexual myself, I've struggled with relationships in the past, and it'll be interesting to see how you handle the subject matter. Maybe it'll give me some pointers.

I guess I'm most interested in Kaitlyn, mostly because that's how I wish I could be myself. XD

Harick
Veteran

#3 Post by Harick »

Small update! Some in progress images of Kaitlyn and Peter!
Image Image

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Harick wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 pmAre you interested in playing a vn from the perspective of an asexual character? Does the concept interest you, put you off, or are you just neutral to it? H ow much do you know about asexuality? Have you ever come across it in media before?
One reason why I read fiction is to understand other people's experiences and perspectives. I say this because I've often had trouble relating to real people. Reading books and watching movies: easy. Maintaining relationships: difficult.

I don't recall seeing asexuality discussed in fiction, and unfortunately I don't know much about it. (For what it's worth, I recall growing up listening to people argue that the concept of sexuality was invented a few decades ago. At the time, I didn't know how to respond to their arguments, so I didn't reply.)
Harick wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 pmJason Todd
Trivia: the top Google search results for this name all mention the second Robin, who was apparently brought into the DC Comics universe in 1983. Since my knowledge of comics is pretty bad, I have only heard passing references to this character in comedy podcasts.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Harick
Veteran

#5 Post by Harick »

We hope the game will be able to give you a perspective that you might not have seen before then!

(P.s. I orifinally suggested the name Jason Todd as a joke because of the Batman character with the same name but nobody pointed it out so I'm not sure if anyone knows, and at this point I'm afraid to tell them)

Harick
Veteran

#6 Post by Harick »

Small update! Kaitlyn's finished art! I kinda want to post an update with some of the music but I don't think the recording is done yet and I don't know when it'll be. We've also kinda sorta lost a few artists butI can't say I'm totaly sure

Also, we won't be able to release the full game on the 31st january as the jam suggests, so we will instead release the first act then. This will give us more time to make this the best we can

Harick
Veteran

#7 Post by Harick »

So small update, here's Feeniks in a wizard robe and stuff. The script for the first act is done so we're well on our way!
Attachments
feeniks bad.png

Harick
Veteran

#8 Post by Harick »

So we have the first act released! I didn't manage to finish the art we needed so I apologize about that. Anyway, here's the link: https://aasd.itch.io/summer-horizon