Dear Brother [WiP VN, SciFi, Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mememily
Projects: Dear Brother
itch: Mememily

Dear Brother [WiP VN, SciFi, Drama]

#1 Post by Mememily »

Hello everyone! My name is Em, I'm extremely new to the community and I thought I might as well start spewing nonsense about myself and my project. I've used ren'py a few times before but never really got anywhere, hopefully this time will be different! I've only been messing around with the GUI and I've had a basic story for a while, now I just have to do everything else.

Dear Brother
Dear Brother is a (very fresh) project about a brother, sister and the downfall of their parents. (DB is actually intended to serve purely as a backstory to one of my other projects, which I hope to turn into a webcomic) Taking place in the year 2145, it follows the teenage lives of 14 y/o, social outcast Yuki and 15 y/o, outgoing Chidori Maeda. Although dynamically different, they still get along rather well.

Characters
♥ Yuki Maeda / 前田 裕喜 ♥
A reclusive, anxious braniac with too much time and computer skills on his hands. His hobbies include: seeing what he can hack into without getting caught, just for fun. He's picked on at school and often ends up in fights.

♥ Chidori Maeda / 前田 千鳥 ♥
Almost 16 and ready to act like an adult, Chidori is a smart and considerate person. Their parents are often busy with their business so Chidori is usually in charge. Seeing at the siblings go to a STEM school they're both well versed in computers and she hopes to become a programmer.

Design
Will be updated as I progress
Finished main menu will have art where black bg is
Finished main menu will have art where black bg is
Preview of preferences
Preview of preferences
Progress
- story 30-40 %
- script 0%
- sprites 0%
- backgrounds 0%
- coding 0%
- GUI 70% (needs to be redesigned)
- voice acting 0%
- music / sound effects 0%

That's all I've got for now kids, thanks for reading and I hope I can interact with some of you guys! (Ik theres a seperate board for this but I am looking for VAs! Please PM if interested!)
Last edited by Mememily on Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mememily
Projects: Dear Brother
itch: Mememily

Re: Dear Brother [WiP VN, SciFi, Drama]

#2 Post by Mememily »

added a few images! 💖

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Dear Brother [WiP VN, SciFi, Drama] [FREE]

#3 Post by Zelan »

"The downfall of their parents" sounds ominous, I'd love to know more about what all that means. I like your GUI, it's simple but very pretty.