Space Trainer [18+] [Trainer] [Space Opera]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xasrai

Space Trainer [18+] [Trainer] [Space Opera]

#1 Post by Xasrai »

Welcome to Space Trainer. This is a personal project of mine, my first attempt at programming in Ren'Py.

What is Space Trainer?
Space Trainer is my tribute to the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I feel that there were many untold stories and I have chosen to focus on an Infinities-style story. Space Trainer is an Adults Only game exploring the question: What would happen if Luke had died on Bespin? The collective series of events that spawn from that single change could create a universe in which Leia is turned into a willing slave, and you must use your own abilities to train her in the ways of the For- uh, Slave. Further, the game takes you to several different planets as you gather allies for Darth Vader in his attempt to overthrow the Emperor. You will meet characters from several EU books as well as a few OC and even one special cameo appearance.

Primarily, the game will focus on training Leia but will feature additional characters that are unlockable. It will feature a "new game+" style feature, in which completing the game will make visible additional menu options, which astute players may have already found in their first play through.

What work has been completed on the game?
Currently, much of the code for the game has been written for the game, with small amounts of CC or free to use art assets included. Somewhere approaching 50% of writing and dialogue has been completed and it includes a gui that has been built by myself to feel distinct, genuine and consistent.

Main Menu:

Training Screen:

Map Screen:

All screenshots are taken from in-game, and illustrate a completed image map for the main menu and map page, as well as a the training screen complete with clickable buttons with SensitiveIf functions that will allow people to choose if they want to be exposed to particular kinks, as illustrated by the greying out of the Xeno section.

What is my aim with this thread?

I'm hoping to raise awareness and interest in my new game, and to find people interested in joining the project to introduce OC art assets(sprites, backgrounds) to the game. The game will be free to play, and I would only hope people would support a Patreon account when it is finally put up. Any funding would go to paying an artist for their involvement in the process, at least until the artwork is complete.

Where to from here?

I'm hoping to get feedback on the ideas that I've expressed so far, as well as finding out things that people would like to see in-game. If anyone knows an artist that they think would be interested in working on the game, on a commission basis, or shared-profit basis, tell them to message me on here.

Thanks for your time and reading this far!

Xasrai