“Entering into a vampire society dedicated to the arts, Mark discovers frightening clues that his mentor committed a taboo, that he is being watched by a murderous renegade, and that he may have risked his soul. Determined to regain his humanity, Mark searches for the truth about vampires.”
progress updated 7/16/2018
Please follow our facebook page, we'll have bi-monthly updates on the project there. https://www.facebook.com/FirstStepCinematics/
Decide Mark Delaware’s choices as he navigates through a world where vampires are real. How he treats those around him will determine his fate.
Project in progress.
About Twice Reborn:
• Genre: Drama, Vampires
• Setting: Modern-day Colorado
• Rating: PG-13 [violence]
• Length: est. 60,000 words for a single play-through
• Routes/Endings: 1 Best ending, 3 Good Endings, 2 Bad Endings, and a whole lot of "Dead Endings".
• Platforms: PC, Mac, [thinking of Android--not sure], will be released on Steam and Itch.io
• Commercial: Yes
• Release Date: 2019
• Characters may have slight changes to reactions to MC based on certain choices in the game.
• A LARGE cast of 21 characters
• Voice Acting
• Eye and mouth animations
• Translations in Russian and Spanish planned (languages may have later release); Voice acting will be English only
• Large Music template--at least 10 tracks
• 20 CGs; 20 Backgrounds
• Control the MC unless he falls into Bloodlust and goes berserk [Bloodlust option only available on certain branches]
The Society of the Arts:
Group of eccentric vampires whose purpose in their extended life is to be the patrons of the arts. They believe that humanity has potential to grow and they hold human life sacred.
Some mentor-like characters that may appear. I won't give any more details. Major spoilers come with them.
College buddies. Among them, there is someone who returns to the dorms with bruises. Will Mark have the courage to ask what happened?
The House of Skulls:
A small alliance of new vampires who reject the Silent Code or any type of “vampire authority”. Made of misfits and outcasts, the House of Skulls rebel against hiding who they are. They are the most disliked Vampire Family in Colorado, USA.
The whispered one among vampires. A killer of vampires who break the Silent Code. Any vampire who openly reveals their existence to humans who are not “donors” risks death by the Enforcer’s hand. There are also whispers of a vampire hunter in town. Can the Enforcer prevent him from learning of the Colorado vampires' existence?
Culture of Love:
Small group of hippie vampires. They fear the Enforcer.
Judith B. Shields
Sprite, CG, and Animation Artist
We're making this on Visual Novel Maker!
Translating Manuscript into VNM language: 85%
Music: we're doing a mix of stock music and original music. 80%
Building the game: 10%
Character animations: 100%
Background animations: 25%
Voice Acting: 0%
So my questions are:
1) This VN has almost no love-story plot. How are people going to take that since most of the VNs we're seeing have heavy romance?
2) Do vampires interest you?
3) What other questions do y'all have for me? I can't give the whole story, but as the writer I can share what I think won't spoil things.
4) How interested are you for an Android release?
5) Of the languages listed-- is anyone interested in a Spanish, Russian, or German translation? Is there a language you think may be better for common VN reader audiences?
Thank you everyone for your feedback!