Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#1 Post by abby » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Image
Image
Characters

Image
Image
Image
Image
Backgrounds
Image
Game Features
Three male characters to choose from
The possibility to not romance any character
Many ways to die
About the Game & Demo Progress
Length: 95% complete
Rating: PG-13 (Language, Mature Themes)
Platforms: PC/Mac/Linux
Custom GUI (0% complete)
Sprites: 44% Complete
Backgrounds: 30% Complete
Music: 10% Complete
Questions
1. What do you think of the premise of the story?
2. Is there something that is missing that you would like to see? (Minus the other characters their information will be added shortly.)
3. What are you thoughts about the art?
4. Any questions?
Follow our twitter for sneak peaks before the thread: https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn
Last edited by abby on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

User avatar
Mikomi
Veteran
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:45 pm
Completed: The Witch in the Forest, That Which Binds Us
Projects: Asterism, Magicanna
Organization: Mikomi Games
Deviantart: MikomiKisomi
itch: MikomiKisomi
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME | FANTASY]

#2 Post by Mikomi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 am

Wow, the art looks really great! I like the character designs so far- they're simple but nice. The story sounds interesting so far, I'm eager to hear more! Good luck on the project, I wish you guys the best!
ImageImage Image

DevlogTwitter

Ask me about Let's Reads, a bi-monthly VN demo reading event.

User avatar
curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:12 am
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
Skype: after.curry.rice
itch: project-rothera
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#3 Post by curry nochi rice » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am

Can't wait to see those characters propped up against a comparable quality background. Seeing that backgrounds are 40% complete, it wouldn't hurt posting just one of them for everyone to see.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#4 Post by abby » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:40 pm

curry nochi rice wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am
Can't wait to see those characters propped up against a comparable quality background. Seeing that backgrounds are 40% complete, it wouldn't hurt posting just one of them for everyone to see.
Sure :)

Here is one of our backgrounds from our lovely artist.

Image
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

User avatar
Mello-Knight
Regular
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:42 am
Projects: Band Camp Boyfriend
Tumblr: lovebirdgames
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#5 Post by Mello-Knight » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:25 am

1. I like the premise! It gives me an Ella Enchanted/Tangled kind of vibe. It leaves a lot of room for good development for the protagonist and it'll be interesting to see how you weave the existence of magic into the plot. :D

2. I'm just excited to see the guys. Fingers crossed for a snooty rich boy type.

3. I really love the art style! The girls are adorable so like I said, I'm looking forward to the reveal of the love interests too. And that background is so pretty. I think it'll compliment the sprites well. :)

4. No questions, but may I add, I'm also looking forward to the hopefully many creative deaths you have in store. It isn't an otome game without terrible bad endings, I say! Best of luck to you, will be keeping an eye on this!!

Zelan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Projects: bookSLEEPer, Stalker & Yandere
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#6 Post by Zelan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:05 pm

This is a super interesting premise, I'm curious about how Serena will relate to her mother in-game.

Also, my god, can I marry Juliet, please?

User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#7 Post by abby » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Zelan wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:05 pm
This is a super interesting premise, I'm curious about how Serena will relate to her mother in-game.

Also, my god, can I marry Juliet, please?
Thank you so much! Of course, you can. We are actually thinking about making a stretch goal for kickstarter be a romantic route for Juliet.
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

Zelan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Projects: bookSLEEPer, Stalker & Yandere
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#8 Post by Zelan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 pm

abby wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm
Zelan wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:05 pm
This is a super interesting premise, I'm curious about how Serena will relate to her mother in-game.

Also, my god, can I marry Juliet, please?
Thank you so much! Of course, you can. We are actually thinking about making a stretch goal for kickstarter be a romantic route for Juliet.
Oh, that's awesome!! I would absolutely support a Kickstarter for this, especially if that was a stretch goal (hopefully an early one).

User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#9 Post by abby » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Zelan wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 pm
abby wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm
Zelan wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:05 pm
This is a super interesting premise, I'm curious about how Serena will relate to her mother in-game.

Also, my god, can I marry Juliet, please?
Thank you so much! Of course, you can. We are actually thinking about making a stretch goal for kickstarter be a romantic route for Juliet.
Oh, that's awesome!! I would absolutely support a Kickstarter for this, especially if that was a stretch goal (hopefully an early one).
It would most definitely be an early goal. It would probably be our first or second goal for kickstarter.
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#10 Post by abby » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Happy Valentine's Day! Here is one of the love interests revealed!
Image
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#11 Post by abby » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 pm

I apologize for the lack of updates. Unfortunately, I had some medical things to deal with which halted the progress of the game. We are now back working on the demo.

Here are both of Serena's outfits:

Image
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

User avatar
AntiquedFae
Veteran
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm
Location: Somewhere with an Eight Month Long Winter...
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#12 Post by AntiquedFae » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 pm

From what I can see of your game it looks very interesting, but unfortunately none of your pictures in the first post are appearing for me. I just wanted to let you know, because I am really curious about this game and have a feeling I'm not the only one unable to see the images.
You can call me Fae!
I offer 110% free proofreading, editing and ideabouncing for select games. You can find out more in my thread.

User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#13 Post by abby » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:41 pm

AntiquedFae wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 pm
From what I can see of your game it looks very interesting, but unfortunately none of your pictures in the first post are appearing for me. I just wanted to let you know, because I am really curious about this game and have a feeling I'm not the only one unable to see the images.
Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm working on fixing the post and uploading all the images again. Unfortunately, it seems to not be working for some people while it's working for others. I'm trying to find a website to move all the images to so it works for everyone.
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

User avatar
abby
Regular
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Projects: Memento Amori
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#14 Post by abby » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Here is a progress update for the month of May.
Image
The writing is almost completely finished. We will then begin editing and proofreading. We are about halfway finished with the sprites. Once the sprites are finished work will begin on the CGs. I am hoping to begin work with a composer this month. We are hoping to release a demo for the game later this summer.

Lastly, here is a preview of one of our latest sprites, Chad.

Image


Thanks!
Be sure to follow us on twitter
https://twitter.com/MementoAmorivn

User avatar
Zure
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:57 pm
Projects: Another Story -an otome's path-
Deviantart: zuzure
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Memento Amori [GXB] [OTOME |FANTASY| DARK]

#15 Post by Zure » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Chad seems quite handsome :3

Just passing-by and I am also interested to play this game. I want to know more about the MC's curse :D
Good luck in any case!
An otome game in production : https://another-story.sharuruzure.com
If you're interested, here is the associated topic: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47928

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users