Chronicles of cyberpunk: Awakening

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
dimaCyberpunk
Regular

Chronicles of cyberpunk: Awakening

#1 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Hi! Here I will post updates about the second part of this game Chronicles of cyberpunk: Awakening. This is an independent game, you don't need to play the first part to understand what is happening, since there will be a brief retelling of the events of the first part in the beginning

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1433 ... eep_sleep/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd-KNmHL3Gc

- Unreal Engine
- working on it since January 8, 2017 (and the first part was released on January 7)
DlqxnbDXsAEk0CJ.jpg
1.jpg
Last edited by dimaCyberpunk on Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

Re: Chronicles of cyberpunk: Awakening

#2 Post by verysunshine »

Hi. This game and the previous game look interesting, but I think you might be missing information that would make people want to play your game.

What does the player do in the game? If it's made in Unreal Engine, it could be almost anything. "Adventure" doesn't tell me anything more about it. Do you shoot bad guys? Do you solve puzzles? Do you sneak around?

According to Audish's review, you just go from place to place.
This is primarily an adventure game, told in first-person as you scoot around the city and talk to people. You won’t have any inventory to worry about and only a handful of action sequences where you need to run from something or shoot something. That places it more on the walking sim side of the genre, and indeed you’ll spend most of the game running from place to place, automatically completing tasks for folks by your very presence. While you’re out and about you’re free to explore and see what the citizenry has to say for itself, as well as marvel at the absolutely insane architecture adorning the district.
That's not a bad thing. This forum's games are mostly visual novels, which play in a similar way. It can be engaging.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#3 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

verysunshine wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 pm What does the player do in the game? If it's made in Unreal Engine, it could be almost anything. "Adventure" doesn't tell me anything more about it. Do you shoot bad guys? Do you solve puzzles? Do you sneak around?
Hi! Yes, there is not much information for now because I'm not sure, which kind of gameplay I'll make. Now I just make the world of the game.
I'll try to make more intresting gameplay than in the first part =)

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#4 Post by verysunshine »

dimaCyberpunk wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:08 am
verysunshine wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:55 pm What does the player do in the game? If it's made in Unreal Engine, it could be almost anything. "Adventure" doesn't tell me anything more about it. Do you shoot bad guys? Do you solve puzzles? Do you sneak around?
Hi! Yes, there is not much information for now because I'm not sure, which kind of gameplay I'll make. Now I just make the world of the game.
I'll try to make more intresting gameplay than in the first part =)
Great! :)

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#5 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Here is some illustrations for the game. Now I'm learning how to program on UE4 using C++, my knowledge about C# is useless here. And finished 5 locations, but still need to add a lot of details to it

Inksword
Regular
Tumblr: inksword

#6 Post by Inksword »

Your art has a lot of charm and a unique style to it! It almost makes me sad the environments are 3d because I'd love to see them drawn in the same style. Good luck with your game!

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#7 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Keep working on the second part of the "Chronicles of cyberpunk". And you can play the first part with 50% discount http://store.steampowered.com/app/74247 ... cyberpunk/

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#8 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Check out my updated post with all animated images of the people ftom the 1st part http://kozyr.org/2016/03/17/liner-paper/

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#9 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Hi! I keep working every day and have already finished the basis for the game world. I had about 150 photos of different architectural constructions and interesting design objects, I made models, which don'd looks the same, I just inspired by them. But the longer I did it, the more I got bored .. productivity has decreased very much and recently did not make more than 2 models a day, sometimes also made animations. But now for the current stage the world is ready and I can finally start programming. By the way, the game will have 11 locations and you could move freely between some of them (in the first part there was 9 locations)

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#10 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Here is all 11 locations from the game. These screenshots will allow you to estimate its scale. The most important thing for me is to make this world more alive than in the previous game

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#11 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

A little screenshot

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#12 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

One of 11 locations from ~Chronicles of cyberpunk: Awakening~, work in progress

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#13 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Check out instagram of the Chronicles of cyberpunk https://www.instagram.com/dimakozyr/

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#14 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Some new character icons http://kozyr.org/2016/03/17/liner-paper/

Last edited by dimaCyberpunk on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

dimaCyberpunk
Regular

#15 Post by dimaCyberpunk »

Central location