Falling Star [Nakige] [Romance] [School Life] [BxG] [Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

Falling Star [Nakige] [Romance] [School Life] [BxG] [Kickstarter]

#1 Post by dmasterxd »

Link to Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... sual-novel

Hello everyone, so I've been working on this for four years and since then it has expanded in scope of what I had initially intended. With this page, I'm looking to gain a following of all those who are interested in titles like these.

Summary: A wish; the magnificent enormous tree standing in the center of Okaraka town is said to have the ability to grant a single wish to whoever manages to climb up to the top. Of course only a handful of people actually believe in this age-old Urban legend. Sasaki Jiro is not one of those people. He's never believed it not even as a small child, now he's finally returning to his home and his opinion hasn't changed in the least.

Plagued by strange visions as he returns to his hometown for his final year of high school, Jiro's younger cousin, Inoue Sora somehow manages to get Jiro to join the Astronomy Club. Among the two cousins in the club are Fujimoto Shiro, Jiro's childhood friend, Nura Misaki, a mysterious loner, Chitose Akira, the energetic class president, Hasekura Hinako, a preppy seventh grader, and Sendo Yuichi, a perverted honor student. Eventually, Jiro begins enjoying his time with the Astronomy Club but underneath all the happiness and playful comedy there are dark secrets lurking inside everyone's souls. The mystery of the Kiseki tree looms over Okaraka town in plain sight...

Characters:

Sasaki Jiro- "I hate the world. I think it's a really crappy place. That's why I want to live my life to the fullest. I refuse to let the bastard win."

Slightly cynical and skeptical to the core. Jiro is the protagonist of the story. He enjoys messing around with his friends to get a reaction out of them, Sora and Shiro being among his favorite targets. However, despite his usual attitude, he can be a generally nice guy when it counts.

Inoue Sora- "Will kissing Shiro really mean I can stay...Alright then, I'll do it!"

Naive and gullible, Sora is Jiro's cousin and the president of the Astronomy Club. She's a very kind and polite girl who excels at cooking. She is a good leader and can keep Jiro in check despite usually falling for his jokes. However, she has a tendency to sleepwalk quite frequently, always resulting in chaos. She also is immensely strong despite her gentle appearance.

Fujimoto Shiro- "You must wanna have both your arms broken, huh?"

Brash and short-tempered, Shiro is Jiro's and Sora's childhood friend and granddaughter of the town's founders. Shiro can be easily aggravated especially by the likes of Jiro and Yuichi. She is a lover of all animals and an avid hater of the heat, often doing whatever it takes to avoid sweating.

Chitose Akira- "Hahaha! You guys are actually thought I was gonna pull my skirt down!

Upbeat and playful, Akira is the class representative. She loves to play around and as such she usually counters Jiro's teasing with some of her own. However, she knows when to get serious about her job. She also has a tendency to accidentally say blunt things. Akira loves to eat and is frightened of birds.

Nura Misaki- "It's horrendous."

Cold and aloof, Misaki is a quiet girl in the Astronomy Club. She prefers to be alone and is often eating her lunch on the school's roof. Like Akira, Misaki also has a tendency to be rather blunt, however, in her case, it is completely intentional. Misaki has a fondness for poetry and ketchup and hates being touched.

Hasekura Hinako- "Fyuu~ I'm an adult!"

Proud and stubborn, Hinako is a rich middle school student. She is spoiled and has never been punished for anything. As a result, she takes this as being treated as an adult and thus thinks of herself as such. For some reason, she has a habit of saying "Fyuu.” She has a strong bond with Akira who she looks up to like a sister. She also is quite addicted to playing crane machines. Hinako loves stuffed animals and hates cats.

Sendo Yuichi- "Misaki, my dear. I can see your panties from here. It is truly a lovely angle."

Perverted and intelligent, Yuichi is at the top of the third year class. Despite his status of being an honor student as well as a pretty good athlete, he makes no attempt to hide his more indecent qualities. However, somehow he is always there for his friends when it counts the most.

Inoue Yoshi- I LOVE YOU JIRO, MY BOY!!!!!

Loud and hammy, Yoshi is the supervisor of the Astronomy Club. He makes the most out of every day by having as much fun as possible. He cares deeply for Jiro and Sora and is always ready to calm down when he knows they need it. He is completely oblivious to his terrible cooking and music skills.
Last edited by dmasterxd on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

dmasterxd
Regular

Re: Falling Star [Nakige] [Romance][School Life] [BxG]

#2 Post by dmasterxd »

Sora’s sprite has been completed. Art was done by FeliciaNamikaze.
16DF8F74-EE67-4F8D-B238-EE48CEECBBA1.jpeg

dmasterxd
Regular

#3 Post by dmasterxd »

Here is the sprite for Hinako. Art is by FeliciaNamikaze.
5B42890B-2179-49AA-9D8E-D765D57DBC4F.jpeg

dmasterxd
Regular

#4 Post by dmasterxd »

Here is the sprite for Misaki. Art is by FeliciaNamikaze.
F90D8B6F-ECBB-4D05-82EF-4E440CFDAE21.jpeg

dmasterxd
Regular

#5 Post by dmasterxd »

Here is the sprite art for Shiro. Art was done by FeliciaNamikaze.
A197E050-799F-4981-8321-EF328F912B57.jpeg

dmasterxd
Regular

#6 Post by dmasterxd »

Here is the sprite for Akira. Art by FeliciaNamikaze.
018783F4-1C49-41D5-ACD3-91CD09FBB706.jpeg

dmasterxd
Regular

#7 Post by dmasterxd »

Here is the sprite for Yuichi. Art by FeliciaNamikaze.
4588951E-803D-4950-BCBA-49395E4C6DFB.jpeg

dmasterxd
Regular

#8 Post by dmasterxd »

Sprite art for Yoshi has been completed.
7E50B575-57DA-4C4D-BA9C-98AC1505C0B6.jpeg

dmasterxd
Regular

#9 Post by dmasterxd »

Also here are some screenshots.
52B78F24-D7FE-4281-89D2-B86205FD5937.png
Attachments
0D45BDD5-8C64-421E-878E-59C82BE7376E.png
EEC34469-7A7F-4441-9F20-0781B078D29F.png
010C74DE-A69E-4427-8CF1-90F11BE0D61F.png
97C0CFC5-2148-410B-A745-E464252C8BFC.png

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#10 Post by CeeCeeVA »

This looks amazing!!!
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

dmasterxd
Regular

#11 Post by dmasterxd »

The Kickstarter for Falling Star is out now! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/s ... sual-novel