Have you ever...
- Looked at the sky and felt that it was so far away?
- Felt that the universe is so much larger than it seems, so much so that it freezes you for a moment in wonder and fear?
- Looked down upon the Earth from a high place like a mountain and thought about just how small everything seems?
- Maybe even just once in your life, pondered upon how insignificant you might be to the world - one lonely person in the grand scheme of things?
- Lost someone dear to you making it seem like the entire world is crumbling apart only to step out to find that nothing has changed? That people are still going about their everyday lives, to work and to school, oblivious of your sorrow and pain.
- Strove so hard to achieve something only to stop and wonder whether there is any point to all that hard work?
- Convinced yourself that no matter how hard you try, you will eventually be reduced to ashes, fading eventually in the waters that is the endless stream of time. That no matter what you do, no matter what you achieve, in the end you are merely nothing more than a person destined to disappear, its very existence forgotten, never to be remembered again.
This is a story about a man who felt all these things, a man who convinced himself that there was nothing left to live for. That life was all bleak and empty, drained forever of its colour. That whatever joy that had and could be achieved was akin to holding a small stub of a candle to the darkness of the night sky - a futile attempt at stopping the inevitable. For eventually, the darkness of the night will always win over, and the candle will fizzle out for all eternity - never to light again.
On his final journey to end it all, he encounters a mysterious girl – not because of her clothes or anything of that sort, but simply because of the time and place at which he meets her.
What are the things that they discuss on that cold and dreary winter night?
- Fully voiced characters
- Original character art
- 5+ CGs
- 3000 words of well… I’m not sure how to describe it. You’ll find out.
It’s what this kinetic novel is going to be based off. Beware that it’s spoiler-y of sorts, since that is basically the entire script/plot of the KN (albeit without some minor changes that I made to make it fit a KN format more).
- Writing 100%
- BG 90%
- CG 100%
- Voice acting 50%
- Programming 90%
- Music 100%
I really hope that you guys will give it a shot when it comes out and let me know what you think of the subject material. And if you read the original text, I would appreciate it if you let me know what you think of it as well.
I'm not entirely sure if I should put a trigger warning for this, but here it is if you need it?
Character/CG Artist: LIZM
Background artist: qs2435
Male VA: Plotline_Progenitor
Female VA: Chiiyuro
Thanks for taking your time to read this!
(I've attached a picture of the character design of the girl below. The character artist/designer is lan: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=28898)