[Complete] Mordred [short KN, gothic suspense, commercial]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
propanoll
Regular
Projects: Left of Center, Night at the Hospital, The Buried Moon, RA: Allegiance
Tumblr: propanoll
Deviantart: shotafied

[Complete] Mordred [short KN, gothic suspense, commercial]

#1 Post by propanoll »

Hello, LSF! After a very long time of being a commissioned VN artist... (since 2013?!) I'm finally making my own first game! And it has the one true fetish that I've been wanting to draw: a young, pretty boy. x 2. They're lovely, I love them both. And everyone in the cast. THEY'RE ALL LOVELYYY ♥

:: STORY ::

:: CHARACTERS ::

More characters on Mordred's website because I don't want to spam so much.

:: SCREENSHOTS ::

More screenshots here.

:: PROGRESS ::
Figuring out how to publish the game on the Appstore now.

:: SPECS ::
Genre: gothic suspense
Type: kinetic visual novel
Length: ~16,000 words
Rating: PG13
Platform: ios, android
Release date: 31 March 2018 (Android), ios coming soon...
Price: $ 4.99

:: LONG LIST OF PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THIS PROJECT ::
... Over here, because it really is long!

:: AFTERWORD ::
What do you think? I hope it looks good! (I spent days of effort on the title screen...^q^)

I haven't seen an appealing animu shoujo horror VN around, so I thought to make one. Old shoujo horror mangas are soo nice, I want to see more stories like that. Maybe with a hint of BL as well (eep, how scandalous!).

Nevertheless, this is still 'someone's first project'. Undoubtedly it has a lot of flaws and shortcomings, but if you could like it for just a little bit, then I'd be very happy with that : )

Cheers~

Demo: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ordreddemo
Last edited by propanoll on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Mordred [Short KN, gothic suspense, mobile]

#2 Post by Zelan »

I like your art style (the effort on the title screen was worth it for sure).

I don't know of any kinetic novels being distributed on mobile platforms - you might want to make sure that you're especially clear that there is no "gameplay" to speak of since people browsing the app stores usually expect games. That way you don't get saddled with a bunch of bad reviews from people expecting something totally different.

As for me, though, I like KNs just fine and hopefully I'll be able to purchase this once it's out. c:

propanoll
Regular
Projects: Left of Center, Night at the Hospital, The Buried Moon, RA: Allegiance

#3 Post by propanoll »

Thank you!

I remember seeing a couple of KNs, but yes, I will make sure to add clarification later on.
Image Image

propanoll
Regular

#4 Post by propanoll »

:: UPDATE ::

The website has been updated with Twitter icons! I think they look good. Plus, the site looks more festive, so yay! Feel free to use~

The game's close to finishing (somewhat), and the estimated release date is somewhere between late March to early April. Look forward to it! /o/
Image Image

propanoll
Regular

#5 Post by propanoll »

Have new screenshots! These have been added to the site as well. Hopefully it looks good? : D

Image Image

propanoll
Regular

#6 Post by propanoll »

More screenshots have been added! Adding them would make loading this page painful, so please go to the website directly;;

I've also added a a twitter header for everyone to use!

First build is ready, and fixing *__* Time to figure out how to port the build for the mobile platform~
Image Image

propanoll
Regular

#7 Post by propanoll »

The PV was here! It has been moved up.
Last edited by propanoll on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

propanoll
Regular

#8 Post by propanoll »

It's kinda lonely talking to myself here all the time. Well, here goes:

Important (?) info: A Likely Delay in Mordred's Release.

So that no one gets shocked when it's delayed : D
Image Image

Reina-chan

#9 Post by Reina-chan »

This is stupid to ask...since it's already stated "mobile" everywhere, but any chance you'd consider a PC release? I only use my phone (or tablet if any) to pass time with mindless games, rather than reading a kinetic novel. I think KN would do better on PC anyway.
Ofc if it's not what you'd want to add in the future, I'd still support and buy the game on its available platform.
Just my two cents.
PS. That gothic artstyle is wonderful.

propanoll
Regular

#10 Post by propanoll »

Reina-chan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:29 am This is stupid to ask...since it's already stated "mobile" everywhere, but any chance you'd consider a PC release? I only use my phone (or tablet if any) to pass time with mindless games, rather than reading a kinetic novel. I think KN would do better on PC anyway.
Ofc if it's not what you'd want to add in the future, I'd still support and buy the game on its available platform.
Just my two cents.
PS. That gothic artstyle is wonderful.
Hi Reina, thank you for the interest! I totally understand wanting more clarification. Admittedly, there were people who are wondering about the possibility of a PC release...

As of now, there is no plan to do a PC release. This is because the concept is geared towards the mobile behaviour: It is a 1.5 ~ 2 hours long bedtime story, meant for passing the time for those who.. don't really want to sleep early, haha. Like a midnight snack or watching an episode of anime before retiring for the day! Its PC experience would be ... odd... I think...

Re: Artstyle: Thank you! I POURED IN MANY TRIAL AND ERRORS TO GET THERE ho ho. Glad to know that it pays off ; )
Image Image

Authentic

#11 Post by Authentic »

I like the concept and art a lot! The title image of the Doll reminds me of the Tanya the Evil anime title image, in a good way!

I see your reasoning for mobile only, but I second the recommendation to release on Steam as well if you can, even if it's in the future. There are plenty of short games on there, including some Kinetic Novels. I think most short KNs on there are free, but as long as you made the play time clear on the store page clear I don't think it would be a problem. The more exposure the game gets the better, yeah? You could even mention on the Steam page that the game can be bought on mobile too, which could send traffic that way.

Either way, the game looks good!

propanoll
Regular

#12 Post by propanoll »

Authentic wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:11 am I like the concept and art a lot! The title image of the Doll reminds me of the Tanya the Evil anime title image, in a good way!

I see your reasoning for mobile only, but I second the recommendation to release on Steam as well if you can, even if it's in the future. There are plenty of short games on there, including some Kinetic Novels. I think most short KNs on there are free, but as long as you made the play time clear on the store page clear I don't think it would be a problem. The more exposure the game gets the better, yeah? You could even mention on the Steam page that the game can be bought on mobile too, which could send traffic that way.

Either way, the game looks good!
Haha, mmmaybe I'll do that once there are a couple of short games ready. Releasing 3-4 short games as a bundle in a huge app is a dream of mine! Although I'm not sure how long it'll take...

Thanks!
Image Image

propanoll
Regular

Re: [Complete] Mordred [short KN, gothic suspense, commercial]

#13 Post by propanoll »

After a long(?) wait, Mordred has been released to the Google Play store!

Get the demo here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ordreddemo

And purchase the full story here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sm.mordred

(Just a bit more to go... Apple team, please process things quicker;;)
Image Image