Sexy Litter [BxB, BL, Parody, School, Omegaverse, 18+] DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
poorlyformed
Regular
Projects: Shadowburg
Tumblr: poorlyformed
itch: poorlyformed

Re: Sexy Litter [BxB, BL, Parody, School, Omegaverse, 18+] WIP

#16 Post by poorlyformed »

a/b/o is a huge squick of mine, but I really enjoyed Let's Meat Adam and I do love me a good parody. I love the art and eye-searing colors, too.

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#17 Post by Ertal77 »

Hahaha, I already love this game!! Thank you a lot for making it, can't wait to play it!
illuminate001 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm
1. What BL/Yaoi tropes would you like explored and thus made fun of?
The dumb "No means yes" (but please make it obvious that it's being made fun of) and, since it's an Omegaverse parody, you must include MPreg XDDDD Oh, boy, this will be fun!
(Already imagining Aki caring for his litter of kittens!)
illuminate001 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm 3. Do you have a favorite bachelor yet, and if so why?
Gou's friend, and of course the twins. What better yaoi trope than twins?
illuminate001 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm 4. What is the sexiest thing you've ever done, and want Aki to try as well? LOL
lolol ...as if someone was going to reply to that in public!
illuminate001 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm 5. If there were a few more serious moments in Sexy Litter, do you think that'd be a detriment to the parody aspect of it?
As far as it's kept light and the issues have a happy ending...
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#18 Post by illuminate001 »

bobconway wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:12 am Yess! :D His penis also has to be like a foot in diameter. Also he instantly impregnates any uke he touches, right? ;)

This game is looking amazing, and I'm a fan of the animation in the backgrounds.
Haha oh yeah like those illustrations where their junk is the same size as themselves lol! (but only when...excited...somehow) As far as pregnancy, that is one of Aki's concerns but that's something that will probably go untouched (no pun intended) in this VN.

ParrotWatcher wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:11 pm Okay, now this guy *has* to be an omega. :P
That would be the kicker wouldn't it?! Well, for anyone who hasn't been reading up on SexyLitter's development via this forum. :p

poorlyformed wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 pm a/b/o is a huge squick of mine, but I really enjoyed Let's Meat Adam and I do love me a good parody. I love the art and eye-searing colors, too.
Well don't worry I can totally see how that whole a/b/o thing can be alittle distasteful. I personally don't like it either but mainly when it's used in real life contexts. Like how generation-Y douchbags like labelling others with them, especially the ones who consider themselves players and pickup artists. (You can tell who they are cause they'll also use words like "Cuck" or "cucked")

The Omegaverse thing is merely a backdrop and is so over-the-top in and of itself, that it makes the appearance of absurd situations easier and enhanced comically. The a/b/o thing isn't the main focus for SL. imo

Ertal77 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:16 pm Hahaha, I already love this game!! Thank you a lot for making it, can't wait to play it!

1. What BL/Yaoi tropes would you like explored and thus made fun of?
The dumb "No means yes" (but please make it obvious that it's being made fun of) and, since it's an Omegaverse parody, you must include MPreg XDDDD Oh, boy, this will be fun!
(Already imagining Aki caring for his litter of kittens!)
Aww why thank you Ertal! It's coming along slower than I would like but it's coming along slowly but surely. I am aiming for a demo to be out probably in the summer of this year.

Oh! And like I mentioned, there probably won't be MPreg in SL. However, I love the idea of Aki with his kittens. <3 I may just need to do a sketch of that and post if up here like I did with Kaemon! lol. Or perhaps it can be an unlockable gallery image just for fun. :)
Last edited by illuminate001 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#19 Post by illuminate001 »

Alright and now for this weeks update everyone! ^_^

Busy work week again for me, but I was able to get a lot done via UI mainly. I'll preview a couple, but I'm happy to say that I believe most of the game UI has now been completed! I've also managed to finish 2 CGs. I've updated the Progress Metrics in the main post. So the updates are:
  • Finished mocking up several (if not all) UI screens
  • 2 CG's

And here are some of those very UI screens as a special preview <3:

Hope you guys are having a great weekend! And good luck to all who are participating in NanoReno 2018. I wanted to try my hand at it, but it just didn't seem to be in the cards for me this year.
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#20 Post by illuminate001 »

Happy Sunday everyone!

I'm happy to report that despite a hectic week, I'm pretty happy with the amount of progress made on Sexy Litter. This week, exactly half of the entire CG set is now complete! Whoo hoo~! This feels like a gigantic win, as tbh I'm never that excited to work on my visual novel's cg's since these illustrations just feel like they take FOREVER.

Also, I finally sat down and collected all the music we'll need for the Sexy Litter Soundtrack. I'm just about to head back and update our progress in the main post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week, I decided that each week until completion, I'll be putting up a series of art (sketches and some digital images) of some of the original character concepts done by my friend LadyRiot. So to kick this off, I'd love to share what Aki's original concept looked like:

Wild huh? I'm mean, I don't think he's that different as I tried to keep Aki's "spirit" intact with the redesign. Hopefully, I was successful! :lol:

Next week, I'll be posting Tamaki's original art. Til then, see you guys soon! Muah~...I mean, Meow.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#21 Post by Ertal77 »

illuminate001 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:03 pm However, I love the idea of Aki with his kittens. <3 I may just need to do a sketch of that and post if up here like I did with Kaemon! lol. Or perhaps it can be an unlockable gallery image just for fun. :)
What about a scene after the credits, showing Aki with a bunch of kittens and a sign saying "5 years later"? :wink:
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

illuminate001
Veteran

#22 Post by illuminate001 »

@Ertal: OMG yes that's a fantastic idea! (Plans a sketch in head)

Oh man, apologies all...it's been a REALLY tough few weeks and I'm ashamed to say I haven't done a lick of work on SexyLitter in almost 2 weeks or more. :(

Things at work are rocky right now, with a bunch of layoffs and it's been really distracting and sad, to see many of my friends and coworkers leave. In fact, I haven't even had time to play some of the games I've had my eye on off LSF like Poorlyformed's SHADOWBURG or MonsoonMushroom's CORRUPTER. *Sigh* Hopefully someday soon...

So for now, here's more dev art I'd like to share...namely the old portrait art for everone's fav litter-twins:

REN

SHINOBU

It's still so strange for even me to see these up, and not because of the difference in art compared to the sprites now, but the fact that these old portraits are probably close to a DECADE old. lol. Wow! How time flies.
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#23 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi everyone! So my radio-silence cometh not without a gift. I can happily say that all the CG's are finally done! (I've updated the Progress Stats in the main post) I thought it was going to kill me but I finally did it. Whew!

The next step is to take that outline we have and finally start writing out the dialog/story. I'll probably have to relegate that to weekends as my weeknights have gotten really busy as of late. But now it's just a matter of perseverance.

Happy Sunday all!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Helios

#24 Post by Helios »

I tend to edge away from Omegaverse, but this is a parody with an interesting take and the sarcasm is beautiful. I also endorse the idea of MalePregnancy, perhaps in a hilarious afternoon dream borderline on being a silly nightmare? ('How am I going to raise twelve kittens and study?!' You know. ;)

Also, is it going to be possible to turn down the saturation and brightness in the settings?

illuminate001
Veteran

#25 Post by illuminate001 »

Helios wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:01 pm I tend to edge away from Omegaverse, but this is a parody with an interesting take and the sarcasm is beautiful. I also endorse the idea of MalePregnancy, perhaps in a hilarious afternoon dream borderline on being a silly nightmare? ('How am I going to raise twelve kittens and study?!' You know. ;)

Also, is it going to be possible to turn down the saturation and brightness in the settings?
Hi Helios! Omg that is an amazing idea! I love that dream sequence idea. I totally want that to be a thing and I hope you don't mind if I reappropriate it for use in SL. lol.

Also, I never really thought of a setting to make the colors less...uh eye-searing. :p I am going to say I'll probably not do that for now, only because I haven't researched it yet, but I think I remember a programmer friend of mine saying it was a huge pain. I could be remembering our convo wrong, however. This was related to another game we were both working on previously, and this was in Unreal so perhaps it's easily done in Renpy. Anyways, thanks for the comment!

One last thing, update wise I finished writing 3 whole scenes this week! WOOT~! I'm still not sure how many overall scenes there are yet, but this seems like a pretty good accomplishment. I'll update the stats in the Progress Segment of the Main Post.
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#26 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey guys, wowww super sorry, I haven't updated this topic in so long! MY poor kitties >_<

I've been really busy juggling work and also collabing on a game for YaoiJam 2018. Just so everyone knows, tbh the demo slated for summer of SexyLitter will be delayed until at least autumn. As YaoiJam is 2 months and may need alot of my time and actually has a fixed deadline. Plus I don't want to let my teammates Bobconway and PMScenarios down. You can view the thread for our 2018 YaoiJam submission here: XENOPATHY

I'll update this topic when I can, so thank you for your patience and for now:

TAMA! (Original Art by LadyRiot)
XOXOX
ImageImage
ImageImage

Plueschkatze
Regular
Tumblr: Plueschkatzeart
Deviantart: Plueschkatze
itch: Plueschkatze

#27 Post by Plueschkatze »

Amazing, very unique look you've going on! I love the simple and cute backgrounds! Those clouds! <3
Social Media:
Twitter | Itch.io | Patreon

Knight of Hearts
Regular

#28 Post by Knight of Hearts »

Love the UI screens! Simple and clean but consistent with everything else!
A Sci-fi Drama with Romance in Development (Yaoi, 18+) --- Join public DISCORD: https://discord.gg/yPDEZkN

illuminate001
Veteran

#29 Post by illuminate001 »

@Plueschkatze - Haha aw thank you! I really like the simple animated BG's. It's perfect for the style, which I wasn't sure if it would work at first. It's also very quirky like the game itself. Btw, your avatar is SO cute.

@knight of hearts - I really like those screens too KoH, now lets see if I can actually code them. lol. I pulled it off for DSG-ReDraw...somehow, if barely. Hope Synthetic Lovers is going well! <3
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#30 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi everyone! I'd like to announce that "SEXY LITTER", our absurd parody of the yaoi/bl game genre, has a demo and it's out now! I wanted to submit my VN to this years YaoiJam, of which there is still 1 month left. However, since I'm starting a new job in July, moving and trying to take a vacation before the job actually starts...well, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to finish the whole version off. Actually, I had doubts that I'd even be able to submit anything at all in July, if I didn't do it now.

So hopefully you'll all enjoy what we have to show at this time! And please let us know of any other BL/Yaoi game tropes you'd like to us to poke fun at. Remember, the full game is still in development.

Only the DEMO for "Sexy Litter" is currently available (in time for YaoiJam 2018). We're hard at work to deliver the final game sometime this year. So please follow on itch.io and we'll keep you posted!

Download the game here: https://soulsoftea.itch.io/sexylitter

Soulsoft EA also has other great games at https://soulsoftea.itch.io/​
ImageImage
ImageImage