Mizari Loves Company [GxB][Fantasy][RPG][Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

Mizari Loves Company [GxB][Fantasy][RPG][Kickstarter]

#1 Post by gamerbum »

Play the demo on itch.io!
Support the campaign on Kickstarter!

After forming a mercenary band with her friend Nerui and a vagabond named Merrick, Mizari set out to help quell the attacks by the antagonistic demon nation. How, then, did Mizari find herself living at the Demon King's castle? Worse yet, she finds herself falling for a demon!

Follow Mizari as she copes with learning that things aren't always as they appear, and that some things aren't simply black or white. With your help, her worldview will completely change, and she may even be able to change things for the better.

Three romance-able male love interests with unique storylines
An estimated ~150,000 to ~200,000+ words (10-20 hours) of reading
20+ unique CGs, including optional steamy love scenes
10+ endings
RPG elements: inventory, quests, & combat system
Visual Novel Mode: disable all gameplay elements
Partial English voice acting
A wonderful, custom OST
Questions:
- Either at a first glance or from playing the demo, who is your favourite character?
- Would you rather play the game in RPG mode or VN mode (have the gameplay disabled)?
- If you've played the demo, what do you think about the way we integrated voice acting?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Mizari Loves Company [GxB][Fantasy][RPG][Kickstarter]

#2 Post by Zelan »

1. Nerui looks like a sweetheart. I hope you guys reach the goal to give her a game of her own.

2. I would love to try playing in RPG mode, but if I found it too tedious or difficult the option to tuen it off would be appreciated.

Good luck on your Kickstarter, guys! c:

gamerbum
Regular

#3 Post by gamerbum »

Zelan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:03 pm 1. Nerui looks like a sweetheart. I hope you guys reach the goal to give her a game of her own.

2. I would love to try playing in RPG mode, but if I found it too tedious or difficult the option to tuen it off would be appreciated.

Good luck on your Kickstarter, guys! c:
Thank you very much! So do we, haha. Nerui is adorable.

DraculaVarney
Tumblr: DraculaVarney

#4 Post by DraculaVarney »

1. I haven't played the demo yet, but I really liked Yuhata. It's cool to have him be there to compare to the king. I'm also curious of what's going to happen with Issen, and his "mysterious connection" to the demon king.
2. I would probably most like to play on RPG mode because there aren't a lot of games like this in rpg style.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#5 Post by Scribbles »

The demo was really fun ^^

- Either at a first glance or from playing the demo, who is your favourite character?

I really like anja from the demo, but I feel like I'd like yuhata if I had met him. I don't know why I'm always drawn to the grumpy characters > < and anja was just hilariously hostile

- Would you rather play the game in RPG mode or VN mode (have the gameplay disabled)?

I didn't notice any rpg in the demo? I'm not sure which i'd prefer, but I know if there are QTE that I can disable- I do lol

- If you've played the demo, what do you think about the way we integrated voice acting?

I didn't really care for the snippets where they would just say something random or make a noise at the start of their line, but I did really like the voice acting. It seemed like it was really good. The snippets just didn't always match up with what they were saying and it would be distracting.
Image - Image -Image

gamerbum
Regular

#6 Post by gamerbum »

DraculaVarney wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:48 pm 1. I haven't played the demo yet, but I really liked Yuhata. It's cool to have him be there to compare to the king. I'm also curious of what's going to happen with Issen, and his "mysterious connection" to the demon king.
2. I would probably most like to play on RPG mode because there aren't a lot of games like this in rpg style.
Lots of love for Yuhata lately, haha.
Scribbles wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:40 pm The demo was really fun ^^

I really like anja from the demo, but I feel like I'd like yuhata if I had met him. I don't know why I'm always drawn to the grumpy characters > < and anja was just hilariously hostile

I didn't notice any rpg in the demo? I'm not sure which i'd prefer, but I know if there are QTE that I can disable- I do lol

I didn't really care for the snippets where they would just say something random or make a noise at the start of their line, but I did really like the voice acting. It seemed like it was really good. The snippets just didn't always match up with what they were saying and it would be distracting.
Anja is definitely the fan favourite so far, but Yuhata seems to oddly be at second place. That's one thing we didn't expect. And yeah, the present demo only has story mode, due to the way we're developing the game. The question was just supposed to be theoretical, haha. No QTEs, though!

---

Anyhow, we reached 50% on Kickstarter over the weekend and are very, very close to reaching our first goal! Yay! I've uploaded the celebratory sketch for 50% to this post. I hope we get to reveal the rest of them, 'cause there's quite a few more.
Attachments
anja_2.png

keelan

#7 Post by keelan »

Eyyo! I enjoyed the demo lots!

I'll be honest and admit that it was the voice actors that first hooked me in (Kira Buckland and Jonah Scott?! Wow!), but when I properly read the plot and the character profiles, I was pretty intrigued :)

I'll be going against the crowd and say Mimi! I really enjoyed his personality; he's fun and nice(?), and I felt like even if he wasn't a love interest, he'd still be a good and comfortable friend for Mizari's stay in the Demon King's Castle.

RPGs are my favourite game genre, so I might be biased when I say yes RPG... But either/or is okay!

The partial voice acting reminded me of Fire Emblem (and yes, that's why I squealed over Kira Buckland, Eirika's voice in FE:Heroes) so I thought it was fine. I don't know what the criteria for a scene having full or partial voice acting is, but I was thrown off with the switch because here's usually an indicator (be it CG vs. sprites or animation vs. stills). If the full game forces the player to interchange between RPG and VN scenes, maybe you can implement partial during one mode and full during another?

Keep up the good work!

Edit: And woah! Congrats on making your Kickstarter goal!

gamerbum
Regular

#8 Post by gamerbum »

keelan wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm Eyyo! I enjoyed the demo lots!

I'll be honest and admit that it was the voice actors that first hooked me in (Kira Buckland and Jonah Scott?! Wow!), but when I properly read the plot and the character profiles, I was pretty intrigued :)

I'll be going against the crowd and say Mimi! I really enjoyed his personality; he's fun and nice(?), and I felt like even if he wasn't a love interest, he'd still be a good and comfortable friend for Mizari's stay in the Demon King's Castle.

RPGs are my favourite game genre, so I might be biased when I say yes RPG... But either/or is okay!

The partial voice acting reminded me of Fire Emblem (and yes, that's why I squealed over Kira Buckland, Eirika's voice in FE:Heroes) so I thought it was fine. I don't know what the criteria for a scene having full or partial voice acting is, but I was thrown off with the switch because here's usually an indicator (be it CG vs. sprites or animation vs. stills). If the full game forces the player to interchange between RPG and VN scenes, maybe you can implement partial during one mode and full during another?

Keep up the good work!

Edit: And woah! Congrats on making your Kickstarter goal!
I'm glad to hear that!

Haha, Mimi is actually my favourite character, too. He's too cute for words. He'd for sure make a great friend, too.

The criteria for voice acting is really just scenes that are important and/or will be relevant later on. There'll be 2-3 fully voiced sections per chapter (although chapter 2 in the demo only has one--but another will be added later). We might add an icon that pops up to indicate a voiced scene is happening later on.

Thank you! On both accounts!

We're almost at the first stretch goal now. We've got our fingers crossed!
Attachments
king_.png

Kirlett
Regular

#9 Post by Kirlett »

I loved the demo ^^ Does this have a release date? (The voice acting was VERY good, btw. Not usually what you find in indie VN. Anja was the best, probably)

And the CGs are really beautiful, I loved all of them <3

gamerbum
Regular

#10 Post by gamerbum »

Kirlett wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:10 pm I loved the demo ^^ Does this have a release date? (The voice acting was VERY good, btw. Not usually what you find in indie VN. Anja was the best, probably)

And the CGs are really beautiful, I loved all of them <3
Glad to hear it! Thanks so much!

Our present estimate is June 2019, but that's also accounting for any possible delays (including people dropping off the team for whatever reason). If we're lucky, it'll be earlier than that.