The Pretenders Guild {Comedy/Romance} (demo available)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

The Pretenders Guild {Comedy/Romance} (demo available)

#1 Post by minyan »

Available here

Questions for those who play:

1. What did you think overall?
2. Were you satisfied at the end of the route you played?
3. What was your favorite part?
4. Least favorite part?
5. Did you find any bugs/typos?
6. Other comments or suggestions

Thank you!
Last edited by minyan on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Pretenders Guild {Comedy/Romance} (demo available)

#2 Post by Zelan »

Eighty...five...thousand...words. I love you.

GOD, I wish I wasn't booked for NaNoRenO and with an onslaught of school stuff on the horizon, because otherwise I would absolutely be all over this. For the sake of my stupid grades I'm going to have to hold off on playing this, but as soon as the summer rolls around this one moves to the top of my list. <3 Did I mention I love you?

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#3 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:52 pm Eighty...five...thousand...words. I love you.

GOD, I wish I wasn't booked for NaNoRenO and with an onslaught of school stuff on the horizon, because otherwise I would absolutely be all over this. For the sake of my stupid grades I'm going to have to hold off on playing this, but as soon as the summer rolls around this one moves to the top of my list. <3 Did I mention I love you?
Thanks so much! I love your comments, they always make my day :D I really appreciate your continued support. Good luck with NaNoRenO, and I can't wait to play whatever you're working on when it's done!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by minyan »

From 85,000 words to 95,000 after editing... didn't expect that, aha. We are on track for a march 20th release. And, there will be an extra CG... possibly two c;

Have some Paris:
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 4.38.33 PM.png
ImageImage

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#5 Post by NiKaWo »

Oh hey, you worked on Cotton&Cream! I liked that game a lot!

This game looks great! The art style is different from most, but I like it a lot. The characters seem interesting (especially Paris childhood friend LIs are my weakness okay) and I'm loving the plot from what I've read!

Love the idea of the choice indicator too.

All in all I'm quite excited for this game, I'll try and give the demo a whirl when I have some free time this weekend.

Thanks for all of your hard work!!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by minyan »

NiKaWo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 am Oh hey, you worked on Cotton&Cream! I liked that game a lot!

This game looks great! The art style is different from most, but I like it a lot. The characters seem interesting (especially Paris childhood friend LIs are my weakness okay) and I'm loving the plot from what I've read!

Love the idea of the choice indicator too.

All in all I'm quite excited for this game, I'll try and give the demo a whirl when I have some free time this weekend.

Thanks for all of your hard work!!
Thanks! I was trying to make the art fit the world, this sort of feudal/medieval mash up kind of feel. I'm glad you like it! If you get a chance to play the demo I hope you enjoy!
ImageImage

Kirlett
Regular

#7 Post by Kirlett »

1. What did you think overall?

I LOVED IT SO MUCH. SO MUCH. It was funny, exciting, well-written. Customizable MC is a GREAT addition. WE CAN EVEN CHOOSE RACE! Ahhh, so good.

2. Which character are you most excited about romancing?

PARIS. Obviously. I created a Cubi without knowing that Paris was a Cubi too, and I SHIP IT SO HARD. I love their dynamic, because my Cubi feels a little let down because Paris never saw her as anything else than a friend and I feel so bad for her. But I THINK Paris does have some feelings for MC, because when the Reaver tries to flirt with her, he's pretty angry: "Back off. I mean it". 8) I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. And Paris in general is... wow. WOW. I love him. His appearence, his personality (althought I wished he wouldn't try to get on with everything that moves. I feel bad for my MC ;_;)

3. Did you find any bugs/typos?

Nope!

4. Other comments or suggestions

I NEED TO KNOW WHEN WILL THE FULL GAME COME OUT. I'm SO hyped after the demo ;_;

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by minyan »

Kirlett wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:12 pm 1. What did you think overall?

I LOVED IT SO MUCH. SO MUCH. It was funny, exciting, well-written. Customizable MC is a GREAT addition. WE CAN EVEN CHOOSE RACE! Ahhh, so good.

2. Which character are you most excited about romancing?

PARIS. Obviously. I created a Cubi without knowing that Paris was a Cubi too, and I SHIP IT SO HARD. I love their dynamic, because my Cubi feels a little let down because Paris never saw her as anything else than a friend and I feel so bad for her. But I THINK Paris does have some feelings for MC, because when the Reaver tries to flirt with her, he's pretty angry: "Back off. I mean it". 8) I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. And Paris in general is... wow. WOW. I love him. His appearence, his personality (althought I wished he wouldn't try to get on with everything that moves. I feel bad for my MC ;_;)

3. Did you find any bugs/typos?

Nope!

4. Other comments or suggestions

I NEED TO KNOW WHEN WILL THE FULL GAME COME OUT. I'm SO hyped after the demo ;_;
Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like Paris, I had so much fun with him, especially his different dynamics with the different Ash...es? I'm happy you enjoyed! Just realized I forgot to post the release date here— it comes out March 20th! I'm doing my last playtests now. c:
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by minyan »

So what are your guys thoughts on click to continue icons? I'm wavering on whether I should put one in or not.
ImageImage

xxxmariixxx

#10 Post by xxxmariixxx »

Only just found this game and love the fact there is character customization in this game. I'm going to check out the demo now. What does the 'click to continue icons' refere to? Are you referring to icons that you click to go the next set of dialogue as you read the story? Sorry If this is a stupid question...

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by minyan »

xxxmariixxx wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:03 pm Only just found this game and love the fact there is character customization in this game. I'm going to check out the demo now. What does the 'click to continue icons' refere to? Are you referring to icons that you click to go the next set of dialogue as you read the story? Sorry If this is a stupid question...

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. c: And that's kind of what I mean! Many icons you don't actually click them, they're just there as an indicator that that line of dialogue is finished, and you can go on.
ImageImage

Kirlett
Regular

#12 Post by Kirlett »

IT COMES OUT IN TWO DAYS???????????????????? WOW. Wow. I didn't expect that. I'm so happy T_T

Btw, what is the indicator that we have chosen the best answer? I didn't see anything in the demo (maybe I'm choosing wrong answers lol But for example, about the food, both Rafael and Paris seemed very pleased with my choice. And not reading Braums mysterious note seems the right one, too...)

About the click to continue icons: if it's a little thing, I wouldn't mind... but I thought the demo dialogue was perfect the way it was, and maybe some icons depending how they are (size, color, etc.) could be annoying for players. I remember one game that had a huge blue pen appearing and disappearing all the time, ugh...

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by minyan »

Kirlett wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:43 pm IT COMES OUT IN TWO DAYS???????????????????? WOW. Wow. I didn't expect that. I'm so happy T_T

Btw, what is the indicator that we have chosen the best answer? I didn't see anything in the demo (maybe I'm choosing wrong answers lol But for example, about the food, both Rafael and Paris seemed very pleased with my choice. And not reading Braums mysterious note seems the right one, too...)

About the click to continue icons: if it's a little thing, I wouldn't mind... but I thought the demo dialogue was perfect the way it was, and maybe some icons depending how they are (size, color, etc.) could be annoying for players. I remember one game that had a huge blue pen appearing and disappearing all the time, ugh...
Don’t worry, it would be something very subtle! As for the indicator, it only starts showing up once you’re on a route already. I’ll try to make that clearer in the tutorial. I could put in an indicator for the intro as well, but I wanted to give some element of surprise xD would that be better do you think?
ImageImage

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#14 Post by NiKaWo »

I like it starting when you start a route!

I started playing the demo btw, started as a F!Reaver and another playthrough as an F!Cubi to run concurrently to see the differences in dialogue and wow, there's a lot more than I expected!!

Got to the Inn waiting to interview for the job in the cubi route and am signing up to start the guild on the reaver playthough.

Really enjoying it so far!!

Kirlett
Regular

#15 Post by Kirlett »

No, no. It's fine if the indicator only appears starting a route. I just thought I was missing it in the demo, but this clarifies things :)

Cubi is my favorite race, I think. Those bunny ears are just too cute. (Ash looks adorable with them, but when Paris makes his pouty face and lowers his ears... awww! Can't. Resist. The puppy. Look.) Although the Reaver outfit is great and I like how the Shika one seems to be a dress of some sorts (cute!)