The Pretenders Guild {Comedy/Romance} (demo available)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: The Pretenders Guild {Comedy/Romance} (demo available)

#16 Post by minyan »

NiKaWo wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:40 pm I like it starting when you start a route!

I started playing the demo btw, started as a F!Reaver and another playthrough as an F!Cubi to run concurrently to see the differences in dialogue and wow, there's a lot more than I expected!!

Got to the Inn waiting to interview for the job in the cubi route and am signing up to start the guild on the reaver playthough.

Really enjoying it so far!!
I’m glad you enjoyed it! I tried to give each race/background their own flair so each playthrough would be unique c: I hope you like the full game as well! Thanks for your feedback!

Kirlett wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:00 pm No, no. It's fine if the indicator only appears starting a route. I just thought I was missing it in the demo, but this clarifies things :)

Cubi is my favorite race, I think. Those bunny ears are just too cute. (Ash looks adorable with them, but when Paris makes his pouty face and lowers his ears... awww! Can't. Resist. The puppy. Look.) Although the Reaver outfit is great and I like how the Shika one seems to be a dress of some sorts (cute!)

All right, great! I’m glad, I’ve seen a lot of people who like the Shika the best so it’s nice to see some Cubi love :D
Last edited by minyan on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#17 Post by minyan »

I think I've fiddled with it as much as possible. Don't want to ruin things by continuing to mess with it so I'm calling it. Final word count at 98,000 c:

I'll be doing my last, last test with the completed project tomorrow, and then the next day is the release. AHHHHH GET PUMPED
ImageImage

Kirlett
Regular

#18 Post by Kirlett »

It's okay if you don't want tl answer, but can we know at what time will the game come out (more or less, like... at noon, late evening, etc.? (And is it PST? Because if it is I will have a 6h difference hehe...)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by minyan »

Kirlett wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 am It's okay if you don't want tl answer, but can we know at what time will the game come out (more or less, like... at noon, late evening, etc.? (And is it PST? Because if it is I will have a 6h difference hehe...)
Actually, I'm in JST, so it'll probably be early for you guys. I'm still fiddling even though I said I was done SO... probably around noonish EST? Sorry I don't know PST conversions off the top of my head xD
ImageImage

Kirlett
Regular

#20 Post by Kirlett »

!!! It's almost 1 AM of the 20th for you... okay. I'm happy because usually authors live in PST so I have to wait one day more than most of U.S. people to have the game.
It's almost 5 PM of the 19th for me ^^

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by minyan »

Glad to hear it! I decided to release it early to prevent myself from nearly breaking it (again) with more tweaking. You can get it here:

https://minyan.itch.io/thepretendersguild
ImageImage

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#23 Post by NiKaWo »

!!!!!!!!!!Downloading!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by minyan »

NiKaWo wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 pm !!!!!!!!!!Downloading!
I hope you enjoy! For my part, I've already found a small bug. Nothing gamebreaking, but I knew it would happen xD
ImageImage