Zeta Wolf Chronicles [BxG][Romance][Slice of Life][School Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
ZanthosAC

Zeta Wolf Chronicles [BxG][Romance][Slice of Life][School Life]

#1 Post by ZanthosAC » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Zeta Wolf Chronicles

Boy x Girls/Drama/Slice of Life/School Life/Adult Life

CG Artwork

Follow us on Twitter

https://twitter.com/AniClashStudios

Feedback Survey - Beta Key Giveaway

https://goo.gl/forms/7CKAoBQ7r7nCIM1q2
Rayen Lycon is your typical 18 year old high school senior that suffers from an extreme case of gynophobia (fear of women). He vows to find a girlfriend by the end of the year at any cost! Only he has a ticking time bomb that is set to explode if he is unsuccessful in his efforts. With each passing day, he grows more remorseful, more desperate and begins to questions his worth as a human being in the eyes of others. His many attempts in vain, he is forced to find unorthodox methods to approach and converse with girls, despite his inner thoughts stopping him in his tracks. He meets Siona Rufus on a chance encounter during senior orientation that sends him churning down a spiral of obsession, recklessness and overt desire. What lengths will he go to in order to make his dreams a reality? Thus begins the story of one Zeta wolf... destitute, lonesome animals wandering the Earth searching for companionship and social inclusion.

Additional Characters Planned:
* High School Counselor (minor)
* Heroines 2-6 (Main)
* Rayen's friend (Male/Supporting)

* Relive a slice of life romance [BxG] based on a true story!
* Features locale inspired by an actual high school
* Quiz based minigames that test your knowledge and mettle of social interactions and more!
* Character arcs that take you through the ages of the main character (18-30)
* Bust-Style GUI that allows you to see the reactions of the protagonist
* Several Endings based on gameplay choices (True route is far from obvious)
* Support after release with DLC arcs that expand the story

* 7-10 CG
* 20-25k Wordcount
* Partial Voice Acting
* 1080p Resolution

* Spanish Translation and Dub
* 100k+ Word Count (Full Release not including DLC)
* Android/IOS/Steam Release

* Amagami SS (Anime/VN)
* Skill of Lure (Korean Manwha)
* Blazblue Series (VN Style Storytelling)
* Your Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Oregairu)

* Zanthos (Project Lead/Developer/Writer/Programmer)
* ThaiChau Studio (Art/CG/Character Sprites)
* Music Composer: TBA
* Voice Actors: TBA
Feedback
  • What do you think of the story concept so far?
  • Is the art style to your liking?
  • If you could add something to this game or make a suggestion, what would it be?
Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by ZanthosAC on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

ZanthosAC

Re: Zeta Wolf Chronicles [BxG][Romance][Slice of Life][School Life]

#2 Post by ZanthosAC » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 pm

There's been significant progress over the course of 3 months, and slowly but surely, we're making progress toward the demo (check the OP). We will provide everyone a chance to see full size artwork and renders in the future, so be on the look out!

We also have a very special promotional trailer planned in the future! We're trying to get this trailer out by Late July or August. Note that the demo itself is REALLY far out, probably in the summer of next year, but we're trying our best.

I'll answer a quick question that might explain the layout/scenario of the game more.

Is this game a harem? Can you romance multiple girls?

First off, the game is not a harem. I am personally not fond of their unrealistic approaches to romance, so as the developer, it is not the route I want this story to take. If anyone is familiar with Amagami SS, I took a lot of inspiration from that anime/VN. Imagine the scenario that you can only romance one girl at a time. This is basically how ZWC is setup. However, unlike Amagami SS, each heroine is presented at a different point of the protagonist's life instead of bombarding all of the girls at you at once. So, in order to romance the 2nd girl you have to "go through" or "experience" the first girl and so on. There will be routes that allow you to focus on the girl in each story arc or ignore her. However, once each girl has been passed she cannot be romanced after that point.

I'd love to field any other questions you may have about the story/premise, art or anything regarding this game. I'm not sure if the brief snippet above did much justice on giving a sneak peak. One reason why demos exist, but it is rather far off at the moment.

Zelan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: bookSLEEPer, Stalker & Yandere
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan

#3 Post by Zelan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:55 pm

ZanthosAC wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 pm
However, unlike Amagami SS, each heroine is presented at a different point of the protagonist's life instead of bombarding all of the girls at you at once. So, in order to romance the 2nd girl you have to "go through" or "experience" the first girl and so on. There will be routes that allow you to focus on the girl in each story arc or ignore her. However, once each girl has been passed she cannot be romanced after that point.
This is actually super interesting, I don't think that I've ever seen a concept like this in a visual novel before. Are you saying that the visual novel will basically cover the protagonist's relationships and subsequent breakups/separations as he ages?

ZanthosAC

#4 Post by ZanthosAC » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Zelan wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:55 pm
ZanthosAC wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 pm
However, unlike Amagami SS, each heroine is presented at a different point of the protagonist's life instead of bombarding all of the girls at you at once. So, in order to romance the 2nd girl you have to "go through" or "experience" the first girl and so on. There will be routes that allow you to focus on the girl in each story arc or ignore her. However, once each girl has been passed she cannot be romanced after that point.
This is actually super interesting, I don't think that I've ever seen a concept like this in a visual novel before. Are you saying that the visual novel will basically cover the protagonist's relationships and subsequent breakups/separations as he ages?
Thanks for your comment. Yes, that's pretty much how the game is planned to be structured. Reason for this is I wanted the story (true path atleast) to be more kinetic in the sense, but also allow the player to make different choices with their preferred girl to change the route of the story and outcome. I should reiterate that following the true to route will unveil the canon/true story, so it's up to the player.

Example: You can only romance one girl at 18 y/o another at 19-21, another at 23-25 and so on. If you make the right choices you can steer yourself on each girl's path. However as stated, it's often the case that the second girl, third girl etc are not even present in the story until you get to that point (playing through the game in linear fashion and the story progresses).

ZanthosAC

#5 Post by ZanthosAC » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 pm

We have our first beautiful background created and a nice little promo banner that will be view-able at full resolution soon enough. You can get a "larger" peak at the character sprites of Rayen and Siona as well as a glimpse of the background for Renden High School.

In other news, we're excited to have cast the voice actress for Siona! I'm sure that everyone will like what they will hear, so stay tuned for a demo of her voice. The reason she was cast early is because we planned a promo "visual" demo that highlights some progress on the game. I can't give a firm ETA on the debut of this trailer, but I'd like it out by September of this year. Interested parties can also help our development in exchange for a greater glimpse of game assets behind the scenes work (and other special perks).

ZanthosAC

#6 Post by ZanthosAC » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am

So, we've finally gone public. We have our "announcement" trailer posted live. We'll also be holding a livestream on our youtube channel, talking more about the game on Friday, August 17th, at 9PM EDT

Announcement Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obfHVj_ju8w

Youtube Channel (Livestream 8/17/18 at 9PM EDT)
https://www.youtube.com/aniclashnetwork

Patreon Page (if you're interested in supporting us)
https://www.patreon.com/aniclashstudios

ZanthosAC

#7 Post by ZanthosAC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Hey folks, we have recently updated the first post (check above) with the following:

- Announcement Trailer
- Question and Answer Livestream
- Our Twitter (https://twitter.com/AniClashStudios) Follow us for more updates on development and art assets.
- We have a survey for a chance to receive a beta key for the demo (when released). We appreciate everyone who takes some time out to answer the survey and leave feedback. Survey ---> https://goo.gl/forms/7CKAoBQ7r7nCIM1q2

In other news our third character is currently in development. This character will be an integral part of one of the routes. I hope everyone will like her design! Updates will likely come out to our twitter first, so please follow us there for immediate updates.

ZanthosAC

#8 Post by ZanthosAC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:56 am

OP was updated above with new artwork/expressions and bios for the main characters! We are teasing our third main character which will be revealed first on our twitter at: https://twitter.com/AniClashStudios. Her name is Arctia and you can read some of her bio above.

Progress on the game has advanced nicely, artwork and programming is coming along as well as other drafting and revising work (progress bar above is not updated). We're currently in the progress of casting for the MC Rayen, so hopefully you guys can hear him soon. We do have a gameplay "trailer" in the works, showing you more of the systems and interactions between the main characters, so look forward to it!

Sayuui
Regular
Completed: None
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, Kaguya-Hime
IRC Nick: Sayuui
Deviantart: Sayuui

#9 Post by Sayuui » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi! I know it's been a long time since you made a post, but have you found a promotional artist/ chibi artist yet?

ZanthosAC

#10 Post by ZanthosAC » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Sayuui wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:14 pm
Hi! I know it's been a long time since you made a post, but have you found a promotional artist/ chibi artist yet?
Yes, we have recently filled the position for chibi artist. We may be looking for promotional art in the future, but not at this direct moment.

In today's update we have the 3rd main character of the game, Arctia. She is Rayen's mentor and life adviser who helps him through difficult situations. Though it's important to note that, depending on your route, you will not encounter her. Playing through the game multiple times will give you a different experience each time, so this title emphasizes replay value.
The first CG art is nearly complete, I'm sure everyone will end up liking the final result.

Next time we will post the first screenshot from the alpha build.

Remember, updates will hit our twitter account first, so if you're interested in our game, please follow there!
https://twitter.com/AniClashStudios

ZanthosAC

#11 Post by ZanthosAC » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:39 am

Development has been slow and steady over the last few months. We're pleased to announce that the first CG has been completed, marking a pivotal moment in the game. This is Rayen's first meeting with Siona (pictured). He will be faced with a decision, and the outcome of his choice will shift the game dramatically. You can see the full version on our twitter: https://twitter.com/AniClashStudios

For those of you confused on the general direction of the story and its premise, please stay tuned for our alpha gameplay video THIS month! This will offer a small slice of what you can expect as far as gameplay goes. Fortunately, we have progressed far enough in development to show some things off, including a fully voiced 5 minute scene between the two characters.

Stay tuned! Remember updates hit our twitter first! I wanted to personally thank each and everyone who did follow us on twitter. Every follow is really encouraging, and I must personally say that I appreciate it. The community following this game has grown from a scant 10-15 during the opening months to the 60+ now. It's really encouraging to know that there are people out there anticipating and looking forward to Zeta Wolf. This sort of reception gives motivation to me, as the lead and main driving force behind this project.