PS: I Love You [Otome][Drama] - updated 4/22 [Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ermytarya
Regular
Projects: I am working on something, dunno about how to name it yet.

Re: PS: I Love You [Otome][Drama] - updated 4/22 [Demo]

#16 Post by Ermytarya »

Hello!
i played the demo!
I think the most interesting guy in the demo was the blonde, Shinichi.Image
I also already hating the pink fangirl, she is so annoying!Image if she likes him so much why she just dont go and tell him instead of bothering the heroine!

I think there is a book name ps i love you, i havent read it but i remember my younger cousin talking about it, you may want to change name to avoid copyright issues?
I also think you should make the preferences, save, load stuff in the texbox more visible, i had problem seeing what is what, maybe mark the letter with a black mark around them so its more visible?
The choices size font is way too small you should try to make it bigger its a little annoying have to pass the mouse over to see what is written.

good luck with your game!!

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#17 Post by milkteebaby »

Ermytarya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:38 pm Hello!
i played the demo!
I think the most interesting guy in the demo was the blonde, Shinichi.Image
I also already hating the pink fangirl, she is so annoying!Image if she likes him so much why she just dont go and tell him instead of bothering the heroine!

I think there is a book name ps i love you, i havent read it but i remember my younger cousin talking about it, you may want to change name to avoid copyright issues?
I also think you should make the preferences, save, load stuff in the texbox more visible, i had problem seeing what is what, maybe mark the letter with a black mark around them so its more visible?
The choices size font is way too small you should try to make it bigger its a little annoying have to pass the mouse over to see what is written.

good luck with your game!!
Thanks so much for playing the demo and telling me your thoughts!

TBH, I think Haruhito has the MOST interesting backstory, but I equate interesting = depressing, so maybe Shinichi with his boy past is indeed more interesting than the other 2 guys, lol.

If there indeed is a book called PS I Love You, then there's really nothing I can do :/ Book and movie titles cannot be copyrighted (in most instances), something I came across in my novel-writing days when there is, literally, multiple books called "SO AND SO" and all of them are in completely different genres :P

Thanks for your suggestions, I will definitely implement them in the subsequent edits.

What did you think about the music/sounds? Too intrusive, not intrusive enough?

Ermytarya
Regular
Projects: I am working on something, dunno about how to name it yet.

#18 Post by Ermytarya »

milkteebaby wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 am
Thanks so much for playing the demo and telling me your thoughts!

TBH, I think Haruhito has the MOST interesting backstory, but I equate interesting = depressing, so maybe Shinichi with his boy past is indeed more interesting than the other 2 guys, lol.

If there indeed is a book called PS I Love You, then there's really nothing I can do :/ Book and movie titles cannot be copyrighted (in most instances), something I came across in my novel-writing days when there is, literally, multiple books called "SO AND SO" and all of them are in completely different genres :P

Thanks for your suggestions, I will definitely implement them in the subsequent edits.

What did you think about the music/sounds? Too intrusive, not intrusive enough?
But haruhito appears just to insult how distracted the heroine is, i know he had good intentions telling her to be careful, bu i still wanted to slap him and teach him manners XD. You are the writter you know your characters better, i only can give my opinion based in the short interactions of the demo.

I just hope that if the pink haired girl decided to really go a tell sporty guy that she likes him, he wont be the typical uh ah, and will give her a straight no for answer, hope he wont date her just no to be alone because that what i was smelling XD

Oh did not know that tittles cannot be copyrighted O:! i am less ignorant today.

The music fits the mods perfectly in a good timing, everything ok with the music!