[Kickstarter live! Last 48 hours!] Winter's Symphonies [Drama/Psychological/Suspense/Atmospheric] - Demo available!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LeafCascade
Regular

[Kickstarter live! Last 48 hours!] Winter's Symphonies [Drama/Psychological/Suspense/Atmospheric] - Demo available!

#1 Post by LeafCascade »

Introduction

Hello Lemma Soft Forums,

I'm Leaf, and I released my first VN, Anomie, last summer. It probably comes as a surprise to no one, but as it was my first project, I learned a great deal of things. At some point, I also realized I didn't want Anomie to be my first and only work. With that being said, these last few months, I've been working really hard on something new, and I'm now ready to share a demo for it. It's around 10k words, and another 40k words on top of that have already been written.

Synopsis – Winter's Symphonies

“Winter never fails to bring surprises. Haven't you noticed, Sophie?”

"You uttered these words with such sincerity―it pained me to admit that I really hadn't. Looking back, though... winter's symphonies certainly carry many connotations to me."

A regretful past, a confusing present, and an unclear future. After shutting the door to a life many would envy, the protagonist of the story, Sophie, returns to her one and only hometown. The town is just as she remembers it. She, however, is not. She can't help seeing herself as empty―as empty as the barren trees around her. One calling abandoned, with no clear path ahead: what is her true purpose in life, now that time has faded the malicious spell of vanity? Furthermore, how will she deal with crippling regret and guilt she carries?

When the wonderful symphonies of the winter season sound over the city – as they do every year – will the powers of supposed miracle, ”fate", steer her life in a predetermined manner?

Screenshots

Sources of inspiration

- Sakura no Uta
- Hatsuyuki Sakura
- White Album 2

Give us a follow on Twitter to stay updated!

Thanks for checking it out, and let me know what you think! Interested in helping out/getting involved in one way or another? Message me here on Lemma Soft, or mail me at leafcascade@gmail.com.

The Kickstarter for the project is now live! Click to be redirected!
Last edited by LeafCascade on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

DVD2heart
Projects: Mr. End of The World

Re: Winter's Symphonies [Drama/Psychological/Suspense/Atmospheric] - Demo available!

#2 Post by DVD2heart »

The art looks great! Usually in VN's the backgrounds have a more realistic style compared to the character art, here everything blends well, so its easy for me to picture her walking around in the world. I will be taking a look at the demo.

LeafCascade
Regular

Re: Winter's Symphonies [Drama/Psychological/Suspense/Atmospheric] - Demo available!

#3 Post by LeafCascade »

DVD2heart wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:59 pm The art looks great! Usually in VN's the backgrounds have a more realistic style compared to the character art, here everything blends well, so its easy for me to picture her walking around in the world. I will be taking a look at the demo.
Thanks! Have fun!

hoihoisoi
Regular
Projects: The Lost Sheep Of Purgatory 「煉獄の亡羊」
Organization: House Of Duematrix
Tumblr: HouseOfDuematrix

Re: [Kickstarter live!] Winter's Symphonies [Drama/Psychological/Suspense/Atmospheric] - Demo available!

#5 Post by hoihoisoi »

Damn, the art and the UI look great. Next to which, I do have a liking for stories about looking back into the past/going back to a hometown filled with memories. Nostalgia is always a good flavor to add to a story that I find makes for a more wholesome tale. I really do hope the soundtrack and writing also blends into that scenic kind of look that the background and characters are giving off (I really like that warm winter vibe I feel coming off of it).

Good luck with the project and I hope it goes well!
Current Active Project:
[Mystery, Comedy, Drama]
[Kinetic Novel]

Check it out by clicking on the siggy above!

LeafCascade
Regular

Re: [Kickstarter live!] Winter's Symphonies [Drama/Psychological/Suspense/Atmospheric] - Demo available!

#6 Post by LeafCascade »

hoihoisoi wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 am Damn, the art and the UI look great. Next to which, I do have a liking for stories about looking back into the past/going back to a hometown filled with memories. Nostalgia is always a good flavor to add to a story that I find makes for a more wholesome tale. I really do hope the soundtrack and writing also blends into that scenic kind of look that the background and characters are giving off (I really like that warm winter vibe I feel coming off of it).

Good luck with the project and I hope it goes well!
Thank you! I'm glad you like the look of it. We'll be giving it our best!

LeafCascade
Regular

Re: [Kickstarter live! Last 48 hours!] Winter's Symphonies [Drama/Psychological/Suspense/Atmospheric] - Demo available!

#7 Post by LeafCascade »

Hey guys, here's a short update:

Firstly, if you're curious about someone else's thoughts on the demo, check out this review by Hayurika! (Contains demo spoilers.)

Furthermore, we are now in our last 48 hours before the Kickstarter peroid ends. Go check out the page out before it's too late!