Secrets of Avalon [Otome/Reverse Harem][Fantasy/Sci-fi][Romance][Mystery][GxB][Friendships][VN][Demo] - Patreon

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Suru
Regular

Re: Secrets of Avalon [Otome][Fantasy/Sci-fi][Romance][Mystery][GxB][Friendships][VN][Demo]

#16 Post by Suru »

In an effort to keep more frequent updates. Work continues. Day 6 is complete, and Day 7 is a good 80% finished as well. Still waiting on artwork for Roison and Triskel, pushing for receiving the artwork in early May and hopefully having it coded in and ready by the end of May. A musical artist has also been hired, so depending on how quickly he works there may be some music in the next version of the demo as well. If for some reason artwork isn't ready I'm still planning to finish coding through the first week and update the demo by the end of May.

Suru
Regular

Re: Secrets of Avalon [Otome][Fantasy/Sci-fi][Romance][Mystery][GxB][Friendships][VN][Demo]

#17 Post by Suru »

New Demo released. This takes players through the end of the first week in game. There are 23 possible achievements at this time. Art for Triskel and Roison have been input into the game. We are still slowly getting in music and sound effects so the game is still mostly silent. One of our music files has been added to the main screen of the game for your listening pleasure.

Please let us know if there are any bugs that you find and the text that accompanies these bugs so we can swiftly fix them. We still would appreciate any answers to our questions for the demo, or even updated answers to these questions.

Happy fate making.

Avellana
Tumblr: avellanna-world

#18 Post by Avellana »

Hi devs! Played demo and really liked it! You did a great job on choices. I was very happy to see that story actually different with every action I choose. Also I love MC! She has an amnesia but she is not blank. Her comments are witty and interesting, I enjoyed her personality. All other chars are soooo good too! Still can't decide who is my fav in general (really, I want to be friends with all of them except Soulless, he-he)) but my romance-fav is Thaddeus (didn't expect it from description at all!) I feel you have a story to tell and I want to explore it so good luck with everything! Patiently waiting for this game.

Suru
Regular

#19 Post by Suru »

Avellana wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 pm Hi devs! Played demo and really liked it! You did a great job on choices. I was very happy to see that story actually different with every action I choose. Also I love MC! She has an amnesia but she is not blank. Her comments are witty and interesting, I enjoyed her personality. All other chars are soooo good too! Still can't decide who is my fav in general (really, I want to be friends with all of them except Soulless, he-he)) but my romance-fav is Thaddeus (didn't expect it from description at all!) I feel you have a story to tell and I want to explore it so good luck with everything! Patiently waiting for this game.
Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it. Did you come across any bugs or issues as you played? We're trying to make sure everything flows without bugs popping in and have had mixed feedback. We think it's because people didn't remove previous saves but like to ask where we can. Thank you for any reply.

-Suru

Avellana
Tumblr: avellanna-world

#20 Post by Avellana »

Suru wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:35 pm
Avellana wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 pm Hi devs! Played demo and really liked it! You did a great job on choices. I was very happy to see that story actually different with every action I choose. Also I love MC! She has an amnesia but she is not blank. Her comments are witty and interesting, I enjoyed her personality. All other chars are soooo good too! Still can't decide who is my fav in general (really, I want to be friends with all of them except Soulless, he-he)) but my romance-fav is Thaddeus (didn't expect it from description at all!) I feel you have a story to tell and I want to explore it so good luck with everything! Patiently waiting for this game.
Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it. Did you come across any bugs or issues as you played? We're trying to make sure everything flows without bugs popping in and have had mixed feedback. We think it's because people didn't remove previous saves but like to ask where we can. Thank you for any reply.

-Suru
I don't have previos saves and so far I only have one bug. It occurs if you choose to spent your free time (on Wednesday if I'm not mistaken) on Casidra's site and then go to site again by her request on weekend.

Suru
Regular

#21 Post by Suru »

Thanks for that detail Avellana, I'll look into it. The Screenshot helps a lot!

Suru
Regular

#22 Post by Suru »

Update End June (27) 2019:

Continued development notes for those interested: (Note: These are NOT in the demo. Just notes for where development is going.)

Programming and Writing have been completed through day 9. (Testing for bugs still needs to take place.) There are a few more rivalries that can be started up this week. Also all of the first kisses for all romance option characters will take place by the end of this week (if you are going the romantic route).

Getting ready to start work on programming/writing for a murder mystery dinner event for day 10.

Artwork for Roison and Triskel's extra outfits has not yet been completed. Waiting on other fixes to some of the sprites as well.

Musician has finished 6 of 10 pieces.

A background artist has been hired for a few more background pieces. The castle gate, a tavern in the city, the castle ballroom, etc.

An artist has been found to help update the main screen artwork.

That's all at the moment. Notes on development will be updated again toward the end of July.

Suru
Regular

#23 Post by Suru »

July 2019 Updates:
Demo updates:
Largest change is having added music and a few new silhouette’s for npc’s.
Game work continues and basics are done through most of day 11 (only one more scene to write program to finish day 11). Murder mystery night has been finished and W2 weekend will culminate in a haunted house event.
Other changes have been updated on the main page and description.

This will be one of the final updates to the public demo of Secrets of Avalon. I will continue to give basic updates of progress monthly but if you want MORE (because who doesn’t want more?) then consider becoming a patron for me here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=10360961 . Patrons will get access to sneak peaks of more art for the game as well as more detailed descriptions of where the process is. Depending on tier patrons will also receive access to the game beyond the demo as it progresses as well as options for occasional raffled prizes or more. Please consider helping to fund the continued progress of this game!

Suru
Regular

#24 Post by Suru »

So, school starting this month has been exceptionally (read: needlessly) busy. (My monsters are finally out of the house so I can work more! Excited about that.) Despite the mess that starting school was; work was still moving forward.
The base plot and programming is complete through half of the second week's Friday (or day 12.5/28). We are up to 52 achievements! (11 of which are bad ends for those interested in how Dere can generally screw up her life). There has also been a section added to the end after the credits that tells you what general ending path you are currently on for each character (for that play through of the game obviously).
I will be trying to playtest all the new stuff and work out bugs before I post a playable (and hopefully far less bugtastic) version for my patrons of that tier. I want to get it up before the end of August but that will depend on how much I have to run to school's for kiddo's as well as knowing my birthday bash at the end of the month will not be a day I code or write for the game.
Progress!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by philip »

@Suru-

Downloaded this in July and played through, found it very interesting. Don't know why I didn't leave a comment back then; something must have distracted me (that seems to happen a lot!). I am enjoying everything about the story, the characters, backgrounds and coloration are all outstanding.

I did find an exception at lines 6447,49,51,53,55,57 - clicking on "ignore" gets past them and back to the story. The exception says: IOError: Couldn't find file 'SolissBase_Base_Green.png.'. Hope this is enough info for you to correct the problem. BTW, I am playing on a mac, using OS X version 10.11.6

Will be looking forward the future updates and the completion of this very interesting story.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Suru
Regular

#26 Post by Suru »

Thank you for the kind review. The exception is because files weren't in the folder or not properly named. This shouldn't still be happening with the latest version of the demo but thanks for letting me know. Information always helps : ).
philip wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 pm @Suru-

Downloaded this in July and played through, found it very interesting. Don't know why I didn't leave a comment back then; something must have distracted me (that seems to happen a lot!). I am enjoying everything about the story, the characters, backgrounds and coloration are all outstanding.

I did find an exception at lines 6447,49,51,53,55,57 - clicking on "ignore" gets past them and back to the story. The exception says: IOError: Couldn't find file 'SolissBase_Base_Green.png.'. Hope this is enough info for you to correct the problem. BTW, I am playing on a mac, using OS X version 10.11.6

Will be looking forward the future updates and the completion of this very interesting story.

philip

Suru
Regular

#27 Post by Suru »

Letting folks know there is an extended demo available for patrons at my patreon. The patreon also has frequent commentary, pictures or developmental photos of upcoming parts of the game, and sometimes small tidbits and hints to help with certain difficult parts.

Found Here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=10360961

There will still be occassional posts and updates even for those unable to help financially so feel free to follow the page even if you can't donate! (Though I'd of course really appreciate if you can help as well!)

Good gaming everyone!

Suru
Regular

Re: Secrets of Avalon [Otome][Fantasy/Sci-fi][Romance][Mystery][GxB][Friendships][VN][Demo] - Patreon

#28 Post by Suru »

Latest updates:

Work is done through W2 Friday. W2 Sat is about 50% finished at this time. W2 Sunday has some of the skeleton coding/outlining finished . W2 Sunday will have the opportunity for our MC to have a tarot reading with one of the other dorms running events and that is what much of the current work has gone into involving that day. I will be attempting to get another demo build up for patrons sometime in October (preferably by W2) that will at least run through W2 Sat and the tarot event in W2 Sunday (however, if this is done there will still be some placeholder scenes for certain parts of the haunted house the main characters are running on Sat.)

Art continues, with some (though not yet all) of Roison's casual outfit completed (still waiting on some expressions with it). I will be updating the public demo once all of the casual outfit/expressions have been received for Roison and Triskel, this should also have a few bug fixes I've discovered (or thankfully had reported to me!). However, if you want sneak peeks, you can also support continued production of this game over at patreon. Found here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=10360961 (Suru-Fate Maker Games) (Once I get concept art for Davis and Alyth it will also be going up on patreon. Hopefully within the next month or so).

Definitely progress! Please let me know if you find any issues in your play throughs of the game and I will do my best to get fixes into the game (as well as the next public build of the demo).

Happy Autumn!

Suru
Regular

Re: Secrets of Avalon [Otome/Reverse Harem][Fantasy/Sci-fi][Romance][Mystery][GxB][Friendships][VN][Demo] - Patreon

#29 Post by Suru »

More Updates: (Oct 10th)

Looking for a fun game to play for Halloween? Got that itch for spooky stuff?
Try out the extended demo for Secrets of Avalon by becoming a patron!
This demo takes us through the second week of the Great Covenant which is very themed for Hallow’s Eve. There are haunted houses, murder mysteries, hidden dangers (chances for death in character), other dark plots and of course romance (of both the tragic and romantic varieties).

Please come and support our game as it continues to develop! More up-front information and pictures for patrons of any level as well as raffled prizes for those that support the game every six months.

In early November for every patron that’s offered any monetary donation they will be given tickets to a raffle to win a small chibi plush (4-5 inches big) of the character of the Secrets of Avalon character of their choice! As made by The Plushie Lady from DA. You can find this talented lady here: https://www.deviantart.com/theplushielady .

A runner up will have the ability to decide on what npcs will be involved in one of the placeholder scenes of open events in the game.