GENBA no Kizuna [Murder Mystery] - Demo Available

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Gospel
Regular
Completed: SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair
Projects: GENBA no Kizuna
Organization: GosatsuVNs
Tumblr: gosatsuvns
itch: gosatsuvns

GENBA no Kizuna [Murder Mystery] - Demo Available

#1 Post by Gospel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:37 pm

GENBA no Kizuna is an interactive murder mystery that tells the story of a group of rookie investigators tackling their first real case and, in the process, learning how to effectively work as a team.

Story:

When an incident occurs at the Kaseki Residence, once home to a world-renowned paleontologist, officers Keiichi Genba, Himatsu Mizu, Rei Shirayuki and Dr. Shinketsu Kikai are tasked with investigating the scene.
Not only do they need to uncover the identity of an unknown man, but also reconstruct the events...
...leading up to his untimely death.

Characters:
(Click on a character to view their introduction card)

Image Image Image Image

Features:
  • 4 Playable Characters. Although Keiichi may be seen as the main character, the story will be told through the eyes of all four members of the team, with each one specializing in another crucial area of crime scene investigation.
  • Interactive Gameplay Elements which will change depending on whose role you assume. Whereas one of the officers will take care of interviewing the parties involved, for example, only the medical examiner may interact with the body and try to determine the cause of death.
  • Digital Notebook which summarizes the story’s progression, provides you with additional information about the case and characters, and which is frequently updated to help you keep track of gathered clues and evidence.
  • Different Endings depending on who you select as the culprit, so be careful with your deductions or you might end up framing someone completely innocent!
  • Unlockable Extras including a gallery and more.
Demo:

Demo Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tfkbr5tix ... a_Demo.zip

This demo contains the prologue as well as the tutorial investigation and amounts to approximately 7000 words (notebook entries and all investigation comments included). Its main purpose is to give players an idea of the feel and direction of our newest project and to hopefully gather some helpful feedback in the process.

If you decide to check it out, please consider sharing your impressions down below!
Naturally, we're also open to suggestions!

Screenshots:
(Click to enlarge)

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Links & Social Media:

"Thank you very much for taking the time to check by!"
(Artwork by Silver Hatsuyuki)
SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair is a murder mystery visual novel.
To learn more, click on the pic above or visit our website: http://gosatsu.com/

saddest-willowby

Re: GENBA no Kizuna [Murder Mystery] - Demo Available

#2 Post by saddest-willowby » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Passing by to say that the demo was outstanding and really polished! I dig the retro look of the sprites and GUI, the characters and humor were great (esp the tropical detective office), and music was on point - thank you for not skimping out on that! I cried at the cliffhanger :lol: I'm very curious about who the other characters are, and the multiple narrators sounds like an interesting twist.
If I had one critique, I think some dialogue "beats" go on for too long. Consider cutting sentences that are redundant or don't add further value to the script.
Otherwise, great job. I love detective games and Phoenix Wright is basically my favorite series of all time, so I'm super stoked to see this!

Gospel
Regular
Completed: SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair
Projects: GENBA no Kizuna
Organization: GosatsuVNs
Tumblr: gosatsuvns
itch: gosatsuvns

Re: GENBA no Kizuna [Murder Mystery] - Demo Available

#3 Post by Gospel » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:34 am

Ah, thank you very much!!

As you might imagine, I'm super happy to hear all of this! We're still early in development, so there will probably be a lot of changes in that regard anyway, but I'll definitely keep the thing about dialogues in mind as I continue working on them!

Again, thank you for not only taking the time to try out the demo but also giving us your impressions!
It's greatly appreciated!
SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair is a murder mystery visual novel.
To learn more, click on the pic above or visit our website: http://gosatsu.com/