Twisted: A Dark Fairytale [horror/fantasy] 4 days left in Kickstarter!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

Re: Twisted: A dark fairy tale

#16 Post by Averxy »

Just wanted to say that I finished another 1200 words today! 3000 words in the last two days, so progress is going well and one of the routes is D O N E aside from the endings, so before editing, the final word count for that route is around 10,500.

I'm hoping we'll have a final wordcount of around 25,000 - 30,000 but we'll see how things go from here.

Next task: Write the other route! It was already "finished", but with how long the second route ended up being it needs some massive expansion. So I'll be going through and adding scenes, as well as editing what was already written. We also want to add in a few more scenes to add to the story so here goes!!
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

Averxy
Regular

#17 Post by Averxy »

Posted a writing except to our tumblr, but totally forgot to put it here! We're making good progress, and I've been getting a fair amount of writing done each day!
Looking over the bushes, I see a monster crouching in the clearing. I can’t tell what it’s doing, until it raises its head to let out a loud cry.

It’s… eating.

I feel bile rise up my throat.

It’s eating… a person. My eyes travel down to the body, and I start shaking at the gruesome sight.

… The person is still alive.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#18 Post by minyan »

Ana's sprite has been redone! Here's a peak:
ana ex.png
Next week I'll be uploading the last character's sprite, and I'll be working on backgrounds next!
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular

#19 Post by Averxy »

Hey guys!

Unfortunately I got sick :( Which means that the past week has been a lot less productive than the week before. But that’s okay! As soon as I’m feeling better more progress will be made. I’m currently working on the final route, there’s quite a bit of work to be done but it’s about halfway there!

After I’m done writing the route, we’ll be working on editing and getting some sort of a demo put together as well as a promotional video and such. There’s still quite a bit to do, but we’re getting there and we’re working hard!

I have about 5,200 words written for the route I'm working on now, and 10,500 for the one I finished that hasn't been edited yet!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#20 Post by minyan »

Okay, massive update! Here's what I've been working on. The sprites have been fully redesigned!

From left to right, we have Twist (I wonder why that's his name), Sage, and Ana. Sage is our protagonist, but who could these two be?
I'll tell you!
We have Ana, a gentle priestess, struggling to do the right thing in a twisted corrupted world, and then there's Twist...the monster. Or is he?

Here are the backgrounds I've finished thus far:
I'm really getting the hang of this background thing. Since most of the story takes place in a forest I'm trying to make some interesting scenery for you guys ^^;

That about covers things on the art side for now, I'll let you know when I have something else to show!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by minyan »

Okay, one more background!

There's a bit of a mistake in the middle there but that's fixed in the final version. Lots of forest! We love the forest!
forest3watermark.png
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular

#22 Post by Averxy »

Hey guys!!

Quick writing update:
I got sick so progress slowed down a little bit. I'm feeling better now so I'm getting back into writing!

Ana's route is at 10,500 words which I've said twice before now, but I wanted to make it clear whose route was finished the rough draft.
Twist's route is now at 6,664 words, so I'm getting close! Another 4,000 words and then I'm going to be working on the endings and the writing will be d o n e!!

Once the rough drafts are done we're planning on doing a Kickstarter, we want to be able to add extra features to the game but right now we don't have the time or resources to do so, and a Kickstarter will help up get there! So a demo will be finished at some point within the next few months and then we're going from there! :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by minyan »

Here's one more background!
forest4watermark.png
I have about four or five more left to do. Phew, on the home stretch now!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by minyan »

I'll be taking a break from Twisted during NaNo! I believe Leah will also be taking a break for personal reasons. Until we meet again, Twisted!
ImageImage

Averxy
Regular

#25 Post by Averxy »

Aaaand now that NaNo is over, we're back!

I've been writing away the past few days, and oh boy, 8/10 endings are done! Which means the first draft is almost complete. Only two endings left, I'm so excited.

Right now we're at a total of 32,000 words, but by the end of it we'll most likely be closer to 35,000 - 40,000 but we'll see! Thanks all for your patience with us with this game. <3

Averxy
Regular

#26 Post by Averxy »

The rough draft is finally done! It's time to focus on editing and getting the rest of the art assets finished up.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#27 Post by AntiquedFae »

This. Looks. Amazing! The art, GUI, sprites and backgrounds is the stuff (deliciously nightmarish) dreams are made of! Congrats on so much progress, especially with writing--I'm looking forward to playing.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by minyan »

AntiquedFae wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm This. Looks. Amazing! The art, GUI, sprites and backgrounds is the stuff (deliciously nightmarish) dreams are made of! Congrats on so much progress, especially with writing--I'm looking forward to playing.
AAaahhhh thank you so much! It’s exciting to finally be so close to something more polished to show.

On that note, I’m currently coding the demo! All of the BGS for the intro are DONE, and I’m drawing CGs now! I’ll post a few teasers soon... c:
ImageImage

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#29 Post by JBShields »

Love this art!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by minyan »

JBShields wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:55 am Love this art!
Thank you so much!

And now the logo is lovable too. Twisted has a new logo and a new look! I will be redoing/finishing the sprites eventually, but first things first. Our itch.io page is LIVE:

https://fablesoft.itch.io/twisted

So make sure to follow us for all the updates! We're planning our kickstarter for sometime in September. I'm working on the demo as we speak! Super excited to finally be bringing this to you guys.
ImageImage