Alliance [GxG][LGBT][Drama][Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Luxa
Regular

Alliance [GxG][LGBT][Drama][Romance]

#1 Post by Luxa »

I originally planned to finish this game during this year's NaNo, but then I got really busy and couldn't work on it anymore. Additionally, I want to widen the scope of the story to give all the characters room for development and make adjustments to some of the characters. I'd appreciate feedback.

Synopsis:
Juniper, Ella, Caitlyn and Emily are an online support group for queer girls, but when they realize that they will all attend the same school soon, they deside to make the support group a real life-thing, which of course doesn't go unnoticed...

Planned features:
- 3 different romance options
- lots of side-characters
- high interactivity (lots of choices that all matter)
- a realistic experience
- multiple endings

1. What do you think about the concept?
2. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Main characters:

Juniper:
The game's protagonist.

Ella:
ella_smile.png
A friendly and easygoing nerd who loves books, comics, games and movies. She's also a very goofy and emotional character.

Caitlyn:
caitlyn_normal.png
An active and social girl who loves sports, especially hiking and swimming. She originally created the online support group. For some reason she lives alone.

Emily:
emily_concerned.png
An introverted and shy bookworm who spends lots of her time studying. She's very polite, considerate and mature for her age.

3. What do you think about these characters? Who do you like most? Whose route are you most interested in?

Side-characters:

Elise:
elise_normal.png
Juniper's mother, she cares deeply about her daughter.

Risa:
risa_concerned.png
Ella's older sister, a grumpy young woman.

Ben:
ben_grin.png
Emily's father, a very comedic guy.

Miriam:
miriam_concerned.png
Emily's mother, a strict and hardworking woman. She's also the school's principal's cousin.

?:
caitlyn_father_angry.png
?

Nino:
nino_normal.png
A social and easygoing student.

Felix:
felix_sad.png
A timid and introverted boy.

Sarah:
sarah_happy.png
Juniper's classmate, an outgoing girl who's a part of the school's band.

Jona:
jona_normal.png
Juniper's classmate, Sarah's childhood friend.

Mrs Summer:
teacher_smile.png
Juniper's homeroom teacher, she's respected and liked by her students.

Principal:
principal_annoyed.png
A strict woman.

Lena:
lena_sad.png
Juniper's childhood friend.

Character art: SilverHyena

4. As you can see, the game will have many side characters, do you think they are too many?
5. The characters also all have the same shape and set of expressions, do they look distinctive enough?
Last edited by Luxa on Sat May 19, 2018 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Luxa
Regular

Re: Alliance [GxG][LGBT][Drama][Romance]

#2 Post by Luxa »

I want to create an as realistic experience as possible, so I created a questionnaire to gather different experiences. I'd really appreciate it if you could participate. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Luxa
Regular

#3 Post by Luxa »

For the last weeks, I was too busy to work on the game, but now I'm back. I made a few changes to some characters, added a new character, and deleted a character that just didn't work.

AnimeWhoLock
Deviantart: AnimeWhoLock

#4 Post by AnimeWhoLock »

This looks really interesting! You don't see many GxG dating sims, so I definitely want to play it once it's out.

I really like it! A support group of lesbians? I wish there was something like that at my school.

Try not to over-sexualize them, unless your target audience is men.

3. What do you think about these characters? Who do you like most? Whose route are you most interested in?
I think they're all very pretty! I like Ella most, she seems like somebody I'd get along with. As such, her route is the one I'm interested in most.

4. As you can see, the game will have many side characters, do you think they are too many?
No, but I'd be sure not to overwork yourself! If you have a lot of characters, that's more scripting. A problem you may run into is that the audience may want to romance the side characters, so try not to focus on them too much.

5. The characters also all have the same shape and set of expressions, do they look distinctive enough?
Although they have the same expressions, with their hair, clothes, and skin colors, they are all very unique. I can tell them apart easily.

Luxa
Regular

#5 Post by Luxa »

AnimeWhoLock wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:04 pm This looks really interesting! You don't see many GxG dating sims, so I definitely want to play it once it's out.

I really like it! A support group of lesbians? I wish there was something like that at my school.

Try not to over-sexualize them, unless your target audience is men.

I think they're all very pretty! I like Ella most, she seems like somebody I'd get along with. As such, her route is the one I'm interested in most.

No, but I'd be sure not to overwork yourself! If you have a lot of characters, that's more scripting. A problem you may run into is that the audience may want to romance the side characters, so try not to focus on them too much.

Although they have the same expressions, with their hair, clothes, and skin colors, they are all very unique. I can tell them apart easily.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like the concept, and I can assure you that I'm not planning to sexualize the characters, even though sex will be a toppic. Also, thanks for your advice on the side characters, I'll keep it in mind.