Singles [Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

Singles [Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Romance]

#1 Post by pyopyon »

Demo download link:
THE STORY.

An Artificial who finds herself having to prove herself in a world set against her kind.

A Venori-born Naian who detects something evil in the wind.

They couldn't have more different backgrounds, but when circumstance traps them on a deserted island, they find themselves having to work together to save the world... and maybe even find something blossoming between them along the way.

ABOUT.

I was thinking it's about time to revisit the world of Pairs! This game does have different main characters, but since it's set in the universe, the basic setting should be familiar (Earth, but not our Earth, humans with super-powers, an alien invasion... and so on and so forth.) The focal point is a little bit different this time around though--although romance is one of the genres of this game, it does focus on other elements and has (hopefully, haha) more of an action-ey feel as well since there is a storyline in addition to the main couple.

MAIN PAIR.

Karetha. An Artificial certified heroine. Codename: Wildtamer. She can communicate and temporarily ally herself with wild animals, specializing in large cats and bird predators. She joined the World Protection Program as a trainee for reasons that are absolutely her own, and has kept to herself ever since. A perfectionist who has been determined not to make any alliances since her trainee days, it's rumored that the reason that she's so distant from her team is because she has something to hide...

“I had a father once. He told me that the world is cruel, that faith in others is the fastest way to lose yourself. My father once told me, 'To trust is to betray.' And I believed him.”

Nhivas. A serious Naian soldier who hates warfare. As a youth, he wanted to help people and his society told him that the best way to do so was to become a warrior and join the cause of conquering the known, weak universe, but... lately, he's realizing more and more that this is not the life he wants to lead...

“There were times when I believed so strongly that there was nothing more compelling, more thrilling than the scent of blood--but one can take but so many baths before it begins to stain.”

SUPPORTING CAST.

Supporting Cast Left to Right: Mei Zhang | Ricardo Fernandez | Lek Noiya
Writing Progress:

Introduction
Karetha: PART ONE | The Guardian
  • Ch1 | Ch2 | Ch3 [DEMO STOP POINT] | Ch4
Nhivas: PART ONE | The Human Bodyguard
  • Ch1 | Ch2 | Ch3 [DEMO STOP POINT] | Ch4
Karetha: PART TWO | The Island
  • Ch1 | Ch2 | Ch 3 | Ch4 | End1 | End2
Nhivas: PART TWO | The Island
  • Ch1 | Ch2 | Ch 3 | Ch4 | End1 | End2

CREDITS.

Writer/Project Head: owl.
BG Artist: jumper09
Sprite Artist: Shida
Chibi Artist: Butterfly Wisps
Programmer: Empish

QUESTIONS.

1. Which perspective are you most curious about?
2. Which character appeals most to you (either in appearance or personality)?
3. Did you play the first Pairs game? If so, did you enjoy the cameos? Is there anything you'd like to see?
4. Do you want to be our GUI or logo artist? *brick'd* (willing to trade writing for these things! Please PM.)
5. Any questions or commentary?
Last edited by pyopyon on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

wingcinna
Tumblr: wingcinna

Re: Singles [Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Romance]

#2 Post by wingcinna »

I had so much fun working on this! so I might as well answer the questions~

1. Nhivas, because I'm curious about the Naians in general.
2. It's hard to say.. Nhivas on appearance, but Karetha's personality is very relateable for me.
3. I did, and I did.. I'd love to see more KP because I'm a fan of her lol
4. I would but I have NO idea how to do them.. QwQ
5. I don't have any questions at this moment.
Working on: sci-fi sprites and another project with Owl